49ERS 2010 DRAFT THREAD

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 23, 2009
I dont think we should trade up by any means.....
I agree with you here. Its better to have 2 1st round picks....it creates better quality depth on the team. Plus you don't have to pay out as much to a 13 and 16/17 overall pick as you would for a top 3 pick. Then there's the whole holdout shit we had to deal with when drafting Crabtree, guys below the 10th pick usually sign pretty quick so they can prove they should've gone higher.

Oct 23, 2009
What do you guys think about this as a possibility? Its a little steep but Mankins is a 2 time Pro Bowler and a good run blocker....something Singletary wants really bad. Plus the draft isn't going to be deep in OL.

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/2010/01/baas-mankins-in.html

Let's look at New England's Logan Mankins, for instance. The two-time Pro Bowler is perhaps the best guard in free agency and he's someone the 49ers targeted in 2005. The Patriots swiped him one pick before San Francisco and the 49ers were left with Baas. Mankins is from California, played at Fresno State and never has missed a game. He's exactly what the 49ers are looking for. The 49ers have a rare opportunity to turn back the clock.

But with no new collective bargaining agreement, the Patriots hold all the cards. If they offered Mankins the highest tender, something they are expected to do, any team that tries to sign him would have to give the Patriots first- and third-round draft picks as compensation. The 49ers, of course, have two first-round picks this year, but you still have to wonder whether that price is too steep. The 49ers also would have to sign Mankins to a long-term deal, which would be far heftier than what they would be paying a first-round pick.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
Mankins is very very solid, a 1st and a 3rd is very steep, but if its the Panthers pick that we could give up, i would jump on it, and trade our pick back to gain a extra 3rd rounder, + we could always pull what the Panthers pulled, trade next years 1st for a extra 2nd rounder...

I believe New England might be willing to trade him for less than what they would get for the highest tender, seeing as the Patriots dont like to pay their players and would rather replace them....

I would be happy if we could pull a draft where we could trade for Mankins, If CJ Spiller or Joe Haden are available with our pick, pull one of them, otherwise trade down and pick up a tackle(Bulaga?), then swoop Javier Arenas in the 2nd round (CB/Returner).

After the Draft we would have somewhat the same results

A Pro Bowl Guard, a good Tackle prospect, a speedy Corner who is also a top 3 returner prospect in the draft. We instantly upgrade our 3 biggest needs, and if we wanted. The rest of the draft would be project players and depth/practice squad/special teamers.

Call me crazy, but i would like 2 picks in the 2nd round, and be hopeful to take Terrance Cody and Javier Arenas.... lol