49ERS 2010 DRAFT THREAD

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 10, 2006
I like Jahvid Best too. But only if its in the 2nd round. 9ers would be making a big mistake if they let another local college player slip past them like desean jackson a few years ago. I thought for sure they were going to pick him with there first 2nd rounder that year. And then he even fell to there 2nd 2nd rounder and they still didnt take him. Guess thats one of the reasons Nolan is gone.

Trade for Cribbs, but not for a 1st or 2nd rounder. Maybe a 3rd rounder. But if they pick Best, then they dont need Cribbs as much.

Aug 7, 2003
I dont think best will do shit in the nfl. he is lighting quick but he is also like 170 pounds. chris johnson is fast but he also puts his head down and knocks people str8 up. i cant see best doing that. and hes had a lot of surgeries already and that back thing doesnt help either.

Apr 25, 2002
O-line so that Gore can get more help and Alex Smith has a little more time to throw.
I'm hoping the Patriots let Logan Mankins walk and we scoop his ass up. Barry Sims played good football at LT, which leads me to believe that he might just suck ass on the right side. Maybe they should move Joe Staley to the right side, keep Sims on the left and scoop Mankins to fill our need at Guard.

As for the draft, if Spiller is there, which I doubt, we need to take him. Our return game is fuckin AWFUL. He would also provide that change-of-pace back that we need to spell Gore, because Glen Coffee is far from a change-of-pace from Frank Gore.

If teams are stupid enough to let CJ Spiller and Eric Berry slip to us, I will personally send death threats to Scot McCloughan if he doesn't take them.

Oct 23, 2009
I think we should go for a change of pace RB....but not in the 1st RD. Gore always gets hurt for 2-4 weeks and Coffee isn't going to cut it if on to carry the load. I'm still not sure why they let Kory Sheets go, he had crazy game speed and some cuts. I understand Sing's mentality but we need someone in the backfield who can torch the front 7 if they decide to stack the box.