**2nd Annual Official '09 SF GIants reg. season Thread**

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 14, 2005
So thats it, no point in watching tomorrow's ESPN trade deadline special. Giants are done shopping or wat? read the prior post about nothing looking hot. Anyone hear or see anything happening by 1pm tomorrow for the giants?

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
The Giants could be done dealing after their acquisitions of Ryan Garko and Freddy Sanchez, although Ken Rosenthal hears they've still got interest in Mark Teahen.
teahen would be tight, hes listed as a 3b but can play outfield which we need. no he isnt a 30+ homer guy but he is batting 290... hes only 27 so itd be a solid addition. altho he does strike out a lot.... either way with all our injuries i'd be glad to take him or anyone else decent.

ReKz

Sicc OG
May 26, 2002
teahen would be tight, hes listed as a 3b but can play outfield which we need. no he isnt a 30+ homer guy but he is batting 290... hes only 27 so itd be a solid addition. altho he does strike out a lot.... either way with all our injuries i'd be glad to take him or anyone else decent.

DO NOT WANT.

Bring back Bowker...

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
bowker sucks in the field. i'd rather have a guy that can put away outs and play good de. its what our team needs if we cant put runs up.

i think its bowkermania for pitchers when they know how to K him silly

sorry to burst your bowker bubbles guys, he might be a career minor leaguer.... we'll see but unless our season is tanked hes a defensive liability.

ReKz

Sicc OG
May 26, 2002
bowker sucks in the field. i'd rather have a guy that can put away outs and play good de. its what our team needs if we cant put runs up.

...we'll see but unless our season is tanked hes a defensive liability
How is Bowker a defensive liability? His natural position is the LF, he's not like Lewis or Velez.

UZR (ultimate zone rating): The number of runs above or below average a fielder is in both range runs and error runs combined.

Career
Teahen UZR (LF): 1.9
Bowker UZR (LF): 1.8

i think its bowkermania for pitchers when they know how to K him silly

sorry to burst your bowker bubbles guys, he might be a career minor leaguer....
He needed time to adjust (hadn't seen MLB pitching in almost a year), 32 AB's is not enough time to make a judgement about a players future. He put up decent numbers in his time here last season (practically identical to Teahen's, except in 200 AB's less). In addition to that he was getting extraordinarily unlucky during his latest call-up given that his BABIP was .190 (average is around .330).

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
he didnt look natural in the outfield. he was slow and had bad instincts. is that zone rating for all the positions he played? is it majors only?

maybe i didnt see the best of his de, have you?

and you say the time to adjust like AAA is high school or something. no 32 ab's is def not enough and but had 326 last year... i'm not on a bowker cloud. i'm a realist.

regardless of bowker, teahen would not hurt the club.

Mar 12, 2005
ishikawa is probably going to play some outfield too, rowand should be back sometime this series too
A more potent lineup with all the injuries would look better like this

1b Ishikawa watatataawaaa
2B Sanchez
3B Pablo
SS Uribe
Lf Garko
CF Velez
RF Winn
C Bengie Molasses

So it would go

Winn
Sanchez, Man but VELEZ is hot right now, so we'll see
Pablo
Molina since Bochy will never move him
Garko
Ishikawa
Velez
Uribe

prodigy91

@jordvnxsf
Mar 20, 2008
SF
225? lol nigga probably at 280, and @ 2-0-NINE with they way velez is doing offensively I doubt bochy will put him that far down in the line up and he's doing really good batting before sandoval

Rich

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
Shit, got work until 10:30pm tonite. YOU GUYS BETTER MAKE SURE THE PHILLIES HEAR YALL HAHAHA. Cuz you know there's gonna be some tension this whole series after Sanchez threw that wild pitch @ Utley.