WAS THE HYPHY ERA A GOOD THING OR A BAD THING FOR THE BAY??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 10, 2009
South Sacramento
When did the Federation claim to invent it? Keak was always credited with it to my ears.
Keak & Mac Dre were the 1st rappers that used the word 'hyphy' in a song,and Agerman also was one of the first rappers to use the word 'hyphy' on his first solo and this was in the late 90's....3 X Krazy basically started hyphy but they didnt use those wack ass hyphy beats back then.
I saw a interview where Federation was claiming they started the hyphy movement.

Mar 1, 2006
i think it was a good thing - it pushed the bay to the forefront & caused a ton of slaps to be released. but at the same time it produced a lot of weak beats, watered-down music, and just shitty music by bandwagoners/coattail-riders (some of those being bay area vets). i can also see how others regions could have looked at it as a joke.
its still looked uponed as joke blame mistah fab

Mar 1, 2006
the bay is home of the felix mitchell and the black panthers. Cant go from that to get hyphy go dumb. Grown men wearing all them loud fresh prince colors bouncing around like over grown crack babies and ya wondering why the most popular rappers in the bay is lil b and kreayshawn. Destroy and rebuild