WAS THE HYPHY ERA A GOOD THING OR A BAD THING FOR THE BAY??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 8, 2006
It produced some really good music and it produced some really BAD music. Coulda been huge instead it made every fan become a a rapper and producer instead of just being a fan. The Team ,Keak,FAB,The Federation, Mac Dre and of course 40 had straight slappers period. It was every other whack cat that came out rapping hyphy hyphy hyphy hyphy hyphy that sucked.

Jul 25, 2007
It would of been a good thing if the Mac named D.R.E. was still with us. When he passed, he took hyphy with him. Along with Thizz ENT. Its not the same without him. That was HIS swag and everybody in the Bay jacked it and tried to be like him but failed. FAILED REAL HARD.

May 16, 2002
I loved it and still love hyphy music. I still bump Team, Federation, and Nump in the ride. I was out of state when it blew up and people liked it but it was just a fad to them kind of like the whole swag and jerk music now. Kendra the playboy model ghostrided her escalade in an episode of Girls Next Door. I have the episode downloaded on my hard drive somewhere. I posted it on youtube but it got taken down due to copyright infringement.

May 7, 2006
Honestly, it was neither. It had it's moment where it got some major deals for people, but nothing really came from it. I'll still listen to rappers that I like, and that's all that really matters to me.

yes

Sicc OG
Feb 9, 2006
really no such thing is a bad thing if it attracts consumers/fans then their is no minuses to it at all the only thing i can say is that if industry producers and artists start incorporating that hyphy sounds inside of their music then its influence and was a good thing!!! hyphy took on a big role in that time in music in the industry and still to this day some of the illest producers in the game take certain sounds or what not from the hyphy movement!

Jul 4, 2011
and now they r laughin at the bay again white gurls dropppin N bombs . the bay always trys to b different but that aint always a positive thing

The Bay doesn't try to be different, it is different. It's one of the only scenes that's actually different... the only others are Houston, ATL, NYC and LA. Everybody else sounds like an imitation or mix-up of Houston, ATL, NYC and LA except for the Bay... that's because we've never been followers. And we are respected... the fact that someone as unique and different as E-40 is constantly featured on major albums (most recently the RED album) says a lot about how well-respected we are in the industry. Only the ignorant talk shit about the Bay because they probably got their style & slang from us and don't realize it.

lenbiasyayo

Rest In Peace
Jun 24, 2008
The Bay doesn't try to be different, it is different. It's one of the only scenes that's actually different... the only others are Houston, ATL, NYC and LA. Everybody else sounds like an imitation or mix-up of Houston, ATL, NYC and LA except for the Bay... that's because we've never been followers. And we are respected... the fact that someone as unique and different as E-40 is constantly featured on major albums (most recently the RED album) says a lot about how well-respected we are in the industry. Only the ignorant talk shit about the Bay because they probably got their style & slang from us and don't realize it.
im the biggest 40 fan alive and aint from the bay . the indusrty bit the bay alot in the 90's and early 2000s but now the bay steals alotta shit from popular rappers . the bay wants to beleive they start everything but they dont

Dec 12, 2006
Id like to find who coined the term Hypy movement and slapp the shit out of him, the music got misconstrued and turned into something that it wasnt in the first place