Too $hort & Lady Gaga

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 28, 2011
(AllHipHop News) The O.G. west coast legend and the most eccentric pop superstar since Madonna somehow find themselves on a new record together for Lady Gaga’s upcoming album ARTPOP.

At the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards Lady Gaga revealed to Sway that Too $hort will appear on her upcoming album, ARTPOP. The collaboration apparently started from the Bay Area legend eavesdropping on a Skype conversation Gaga was having with producer DJ White Shadow whom $hort was in the studio with. $hort spoke with MTV about the formation of the as-of-yet untitled collaboration:

I was doing some songs last year with one her producers, DJ White Shadow. He’s been pretty busy, doing his thing around the world and he got back at me a little while ago and said, ‘There’s a song that Lady Gaga’s doing that possibly they would want to get you on’ … so I said, ‘s— I’m down with it!’
$hort also revealed that Gaga informed him that she plans to debut their collaboration during a live performance which Too $hort has confirmed he will be apart of. He also revealed that he is currently working on a house music project with DJ White Shadow.

ARTPOP is scheduled to be released on November 11th.

Source

infinity

( o )( o )
May 4, 2005
UOENO, CA
Of course he's down with it. It's an opportunity to get $$$. Gaga sells millions of records while $hort sells 5 figures at the most.

also, a Too $hort house music project? lolwtf

May 16, 2002
I pre-read Too $hort's lyrics for Lady GaGa's song. From what I remember, it went something like this..

"Short Dog's in the house! Been rapping since the 80's / I say Short dog & now they pay me /rapping with the Lady / GaGa bitch, you know the motherfuckin' name / I still push my raps like crack cocaine / I stay independent but I'm still gettin' riches / in the limelight but I'm still pimpin' bitches, bitch, you know how the game goes / I was born to mack and never loving these hoes..."

Last edited: