the portland trailblazers

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
The Oregonian is reporting that free agent Hedo Turkoglu has rejected an offer to sign with the Trail Blazers and has ended negotiations with the team.
Turkoglu could be headed to the Raptors, who are thought to be offering a five-year deal worth $56 million ($6 million more than the Blazers' offer). In order to make such a large committment, Toronto would need to renounce free agents Shawn Marion, Carlos Delfino, and Anthony Parker. The Blazers, meanwhile, are already looking into potential FA acquisitions in the $9 million range.

May 24, 2006
www.fucku.com
i wanted hedo badly on our team, as he wouldve helped us a lot in so many ways buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut for 50 year 50 mil or whatever he is askin for is not worth it. hes 30 and he avg 16 5 5 on a contract year. hes def on the decline.

in the end im kinda pissed he didnt sign wit us but not too pissed bout it cuz he wasnt worth the money.

anyone know anything bout webster? i got a real good homie of mine whos family friends wit the barret family, and he told me that his fractured leg is NOT healing AT all. anyone confirm this cuz reports say hes healin well etc. but who knows bout the media.

Sep 4, 2002
i wanted hedo badly on our team, as he wouldve helped us a lot in so many ways buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut for 50 year 50 mil or whatever he is askin for is not worth it. hes 30 and he avg 16 5 5 on a contract year. hes def on the decline.

in the end im kinda pissed he didnt sign wit us but not too pissed bout it cuz he wasnt worth the money.

anyone know anything bout webster? i got a real good homie of mine whos family friends wit the barret family, and he told me that his fractured leg is NOT healing AT all. anyone confirm this cuz reports say hes healin well etc. but who knows bout the media.
well considering it was his foot and not his leg. I would check the source. And from what im gettin outta all this is that he is not back to 100% and probably wont be by the start of the season. which is the reason we went after Hedo

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Hedo Turkoglu chose to sign with Toronto instead of Portland because, according to his agent, "Toronto was a better fit for him and his family."
"Toronto's offer was better [financially] than Portland's was, but that wasn't the driver here," he added. The five-year deal is expected to be worth $53 million, though figures as high as $60 million have been reported.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
The Blazers are said to be preparing an offer to Jazz free agent forward Paul Millsap, a restricted free agent.
The offer is said to be "toxic," designed to eliminate interest from other teams. Once an offer sheet is signed, the Jazz will have seven days to match it. Given the fact that it's "toxic," the Jazz are already well into the luxury tax, and they have Carlos Boozer for another year, they could be in a position to let Millsap walk.

Jan 18, 2008
Rip City
Brandon Roy to Blazers: "I've done everything I can."
by John Canzano, The Oregonian
Friday July 10, 2009, 2:25 PM

Brandon Roy told KJR radio in Seattle today that he's frustrated and disappointed with the Trail Blazers handling of his contract extension negotiations. He talked a lot about the hard work he's put in, and all he's done to make his dreams come true, and about being patient as he watches the good days and bad days come down the pipeline.

He wants to get a deal done and is confused as the rest of us as to why the left brainers in the organization are standing in the way.

I wrote about the Vulcan influence we're seeing on the Blazers operating procedure in today's column. I have the interview and will replay a portion of Roy's interview today on the Bald-Faced Truth radio show at 3:05 p.m. and we will discuss, but here's a couple of quotes from Roy.

On watching the negotiations: "I sit back and think about all the hard work I've put into my dream... excited about the opportunity to provide for my family. I go in... knowing that I've come into the league and I've done everything I can do to get a max contract."

On how he feels about the negotiations: "It's 50-50 right now... I'd love for something to get done so I can move forward and meet free agents..."

On whether he was involved in the Hedo Turkoglu recruitment: "Not playing much of any role. It's hard for me to go out and recruit Hedo for five years when I have only one year on my deal."

Well played by Roy's camp. It's absurd that the organization is misplaying this negotiation so badly. Sign the guy already.

Sep 4, 2002
I herd this all comes back on paul allen being stingy with his money right now. KP wants to give roy any contract he wants. but allen is being the biggest piece of shit right now

Feb 17, 2008
this is fucking ridiculous. if we do not re-sign Roy, i will no longer be a supporter of paul allen and/or KP, depending on who the blames lies on. fedex....i heard the same thing about paul allen. fuckin jackass, get your shit together, arent you like the 5th richest man in the world??? Millsap would be a great pickup for us, but ROY should be the priority. before turkalu, before mcmillan, before millsap.