The Official KU-MU Gameday Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 17, 2003
MU FTW!

Kansas has only played one team with a winning record this year.... I think they are in for a surprise...

and yes Mizzou's passing game is heads and shoulders above KU's

I agree. Is KU good? Their record says so. Can they beat winning teams on a consistent basis? We shall see. Has anyone else noticed how KU fans will say their team is going to win, but add something to it like, "...but Mizzou has been so good this year..." That's respect. They realize that Mizzou has played some more serious opponents this year, and their one loss was really close, to a team in the top 5 (at least OU was until this past week). They know even if they beat Mizzou, they still have to beat OU for a shot at the national title.

KU is obviously better than any other KU team in recent history. I mean, they haven't lost when they should have won, and they have played (for the most part) really well as a team. But as far as taking that next step... just remember last year when the 6-6 'Hawks couldn't get a bowl invite. Mizzou, even though they lost last year's bowl game, is poised to take that next step. Experience sure does help.

If (big if) KU wins, I hope they do as well as possible the next week because they would be the only BIG 12 team left with a shot at the BCS National Championship. Either way, it is sure to be the greatest sporting event in Kansas City since game seven of the 1985 World Series, and it may go down as the biggest sporting event ever.

Give kudos to Kansas... they made this game part of their season ticket package, and Mizzou did not. according to the Star, there will probably only be about 25,000 Mizzou fans in an 80,000 seat stadium.

Jun 22, 2007
Yeah this probably is the biggest sporting event in KC since the Cards-Royals WS, which by the way my Royals won:).

Im also a DIE HARD Chiefs fan, and even though they were VERY successful in the 90
's and had several big playoff games at Arrowhead, they didnt have an AFC Championship game against a big rival like Oakland, Denver....

The Mizzou-Kansas game like an AFC CHampionship game against a big rival, whoever wins goes to the Big 12 Championship game.

So, yes this probably is bigger than any of the Chiefs playoff games or any of the big regular season Chiefs games. Thats how BIG this game is. WATCH THIS GAME SATURDAY 7:00 on ABC!!!

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
I agree. Is KU good? Their record says so. Can they beat winning teams on a consistent basis? We shall see. Has anyone else noticed how KU fans will say their team is going to win, but add something to it like, "...but Mizzou has been so good this year..." That's respect. They realize that Mizzou has played some more serious opponents this year, and their one loss was really close, to a team in the top 5 (at least OU was until this past week). They know even if they beat Mizzou, they still have to beat OU for a shot at the national title.

KU is obviously better than any other KU team in recent history. I mean, they haven't lost when they should have won, and they have played (for the most part) really well as a team. But as far as taking that next step... just remember last year when the 6-6 'Hawks couldn't get a bowl invite. Mizzou, even though they lost last year's bowl game, is poised to take that next step. Experience sure does help.

If (big if) KU wins, I hope they do as well as possible the next week because they would be the only BIG 12 team left with a shot at the BCS National Championship. Either way, it is sure to be the greatest sporting event in Kansas City since game seven of the 1985 World Series, and it may go down as the biggest sporting event ever.

Give kudos to Kansas... they made this game part of their season ticket package, and Mizzou did not. according to the Star, there will probably only be about 25,000 Mizzou fans in an 80,000 seat stadium.

I dont know how much you have really paid attention to KU this year, but they are not "just winning", they are flat out.....out playing their opponents. You talk about their record last year, but how many of those games do you remember came down to KU needing to make 1 play for that game to go their way? You may not remember, but there were 3-4 games that were like that.

Fuck the bullshit....

This Saturday we will see how good KU and MU are. The fact is, KU has beat every team MU has (atleast teams they played in common). MU has not beat anyone that impressive either.

MUCK FIZZOU

Jun 22, 2007
I dont know how much you have really paid attention to KU this year, but they are not "just winning", they are flat out.....out playing their opponents. You talk about their record last year, but how many of those games do you remember came down to KU needing to make 1 play for that game to go their way? You may not remember, but there were 3-4 games that were like that.

Fuck the bullshit....

This Saturday we will see how good KU and MU are. The fact is, KU has beat every team MU has (atleast teams they played in common). MU has not beat anyone that impressive either.

MUCK FIZZOU

WHAT????? Are you serious? Did you watch the Colorado game on the road?? 55-10. Daniel had 421 pass yards and 5 TD. We put up 600 yards in total offense. You scored, what 19 pts on them? We also forced 7 straight 3 and outs. Seven. Against Texas Tech, Tech was puttin up 50 pts a game, throwing for over 550 a game, and we held them to 10 pts and forced Harrell to 4 INT. Complete domination of the top O in the nation, and we scored 41 points and rushed for over 250. You didnt play Tech, you played Baylor instead. We totally destroyed Nebraska, as did you guys. You scored 19 at A&M and barely hung on to win that one. We beat em 40-26. We put up 49 pts with terrible officiating in K-State. You scored 30 there and barely won. Do your research first, or watch the games.

Jun 12, 2003
We can talk numbers all day but when its all said and done Missouri will be standing on top of the Big 12. Sorry KU...wait for basketball season when you have something to cheer about.

Oct 24, 2002
www.beekc.com
Hey how about you do your research and realize we run a totally different offense where we run more plays (cuz they call them from the sidelines) there for the opposing teams do also. Your guys passing might be about 2 points above us but our running game is 10+ ahead of you! And our defense....haha! we aint even gotta mention that.

So you watch the games ya fucking dunce.

Close game but im lookin for ku to take it by 3.

Hey and KanTT we do have something to cheer about basketball and football. Weather or not we lose our season was still a success.

Damn too bad you guys cant cheer for your thugged out d squad basketball team hahahahahahahah

Sep 17, 2003

Very true! I have watched all their games this year, and yes... they HAVE out played every other team that they have played. You are right; neither team has played anyone very impressive. Mizzou lost to OU (a game they should have won), but let's not forget that they beat Illinois. Illinois has been up and down this year (for the most part, up), so that win looks better all the time.

As far as least year goes, yeah I remember that they had many "close" games. Every team has those. If the 2000 Royals would have had a good bullpen, they likely would have won 90+ games; they didn't and won just 77 games with the best offense in club history. KU has played near flawless ball all year. That is the main difference between last year and this year. They dominate, don't let up, and never look ahead to another game. The reason I talked about their record from last year was to point out that they didn't even play in a Bowl Game last year. :cheeky:

Feb 3, 2003
Missouri is by far better in the passing game because why??? WE DID NOT PLAY THE "LITTLE SISTERS OF THE POOR" FOR OUR SCHEDULE. KU has played no one. Yeah, they won Big 12 games on the road, against teams that at that time were "good". K State, Texas A&M, Colorado, Nebraska, etc.... Not to mention the non con schedule that included NON OTHER THAN Florida International (have they won yet?)

Jun 22, 2007
Hey how about you do your research and realize we run a totally different offense where we run more plays (cuz they call them from the sidelines) there for the opposing teams do also. Your guys passing might be about 2 points above us but our running game is 10+ ahead of you! And our defense....haha! we aint even gotta mention that.

So you watch the games ya fucking dunce.

Close game but im lookin for ku to take it by 3.

Hey and KanTT we do have something to cheer about basketball and football. Weather or not we lose our season was still a success.

Damn too bad you guys cant cheer for your thugged out d squad basketball team hahahahahahahah

LMAO, dude wtf?? You know nothing. You're telling me to watch the games, but you obviously dont know that MU calls the plays from the sidelines as well, you guys took that from us this year. And you guys run basically the same offense we do, just a little different like all spread offenses are. And points?? What do you mean our passing game is 2 points ahead? what the hell does that mean? And the only reason youre rushing offense is ahead of ours is bc you've ran the ball more, and you've played shitty defenses. If you've seen any of our games, you'd know we can run the ball whenever we want. Also, everyone in the nation knows whose passing game is better, we're so much more explosive and we got better receivers than you by far. We're unstoppable, we havent scored less than 31 points IN A GAME this season. No one else can say that, and we've scored 40 points or more in FIVE straight games.

Anyways i like a good argument with a KU fan, but it will all be settled Saturday Night. Mizzou - 45 KU - 35

CyrusTheVirus

thats just my ghost
Oct 31, 2002
legendary
Is anyone on here currently attending KU or MU? The KU fans are quite clever when it comes to the t-shirt slander, "I cheer for 2 teams... kansas and whoever beats missouri". Undefeated, sports illustrated cover, & the t-shirt shit talking game. Kansas would seem to have the upper hand this week. The only thing that keeps this interesting is the fact that missouri scores more points. Only team in the nation with 30+ every game? Regardless of how the score ends up.... we all win by getting to watch this madness. The only people who lose this year are the arrowhead grounds keepers. Saturday night game that will end around 11pm at which time they will have to run off the drunks, cleanup the stadium, clear and clean the parking lot, re-paint and re-sod the field, and possibly replace the goal posts before the sunday's chiefs & raiders kickoff at noon. The avalanche of shit talking regarding the border war has been quite entertaining so far.
KU and MU will be a great game. I do think a tiger would make short work of a bird wearing boots but it's not mascot vs. mascot. Enough speculation let the war begin.

<off topic football rant> The chiefs are fucking pussies. with a minute something left in the second quarter, all 3 timeouts, and the colts getting the ball to start the third quarter, why the hell would you be satisfied to go in at halftime tied? What's that all about? They were just holding back for the second half? Who was the genius that wasted that opportunity. Instead of trying to get the lead we just wanna play a close game I guess. F.Y.I. the hand off up the middle still doesn't work no matter how many times you call that play on first down. </end rant>

Ahhhh.... what a long drawn out waste of a thought... like priest holmes return to football.:dead:

CyrusTheVirus

thats just my ghost
Oct 31, 2002
legendary
that shirt is great... haha. I can't say that I have ever seen that one before. It's straight to the point and brutally honest. It's not one of those haha I'm attempting to be witty and clever like steven colbert as I attempt to be subtle and insult your team with my round-a-bout indirect insult implying that I'm rooting against you. A hahaha.... laughing uncontrollably inside on my way back to my overpriced house at the golf course while grinning ear to ear because that is just so funny the way we imply that we are cheering against you....