The Oakland Athletics

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
Dudes at round table dont like me on account I got 2 free mini pizzas in 3 days. I think Im inge's good luck charm, seein as he hit grand slams in both games I been to this month

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
Brandon Inge is having a career week and would be a shoe in for player of the week any other week. But as good as he's playing this week, Josh Hamilton is putting up RBI Baseball 94 numbers...

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
just got home from tonights game... why the hell does melvin keep goin to ballfour and fuentes in the ninth??? startin to piss me off... sucks we lost Cespedes to the dl and maybe weeks...

Feb 13, 2004
^^^^^^^ Melvin should of kept in McCarthy in so he could get the shut out. At least Fuentes got the job done Balfour probably would of lost the game for us.

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
I don't hate the Giants only time I'm rooting against them is when they're playing my Oakland Athletics.
thats how i feel as well....

as for McCarthy, i think melvin was being cautious since hes had some shoulder issues. Cook should be closing games and norberto should be the set up guy.

Feb 13, 2004
^^^^^^ I agree and I almost forgot about his shoulder situation the way he was pitching today. He shut the Tigers out with 10 strikeouts great game today.

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
yeah balfour has lost all confidence, and has become wild again. I dont like him as a closer, and I dont like fuentes either... I miss bailey.

You know who I do like in the pen tho is blevins. Every set up hes had this year hes done his job, and has done it well. Id like to see him pitch more than just an inning though cause hes got some sweet breaking pitches

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Grant Balfour is unhappy about losing his closer's job to Brian Fuentes.
And he's been vocal about it, both to manager Bob Melvin and to the media. "I told him I wasn't happy," Balfour said. "I was [ticked] off. That's fine. Whatever. I'll just go on the field and do what I gotta do." Melvin had a different version of the events: "It was more 'Do I have a chance to get this back?' and I said 'Absolutely.' I've been on many teams [where] you give the closer a little break and give him a chance to iron things out, and he'll have that opportunity. It's not uncommon that guys get pulled out of that role and end up reclaiming it." Balfour started great, but blew two saves and posted an 11.81 ERA over his last seven games. The veteran is undoubtedly being shopped as we speak.

Jan 18, 2006
[h=6]Always nice to bitch smack the Angels especially against 1 of the A's former starters. Reddick is possessed right now. Pujols is trash this year. Lol @ the Angels signing him for as long as they did[/h]