so we dont bang in the bay?!?!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 19, 2004
man that gang shit is wack nigga anybody thats willin to kill someone for a fuckin color is stupid ass fuck. but if u wanna see some g-shit go to HP lakeview fillmore Ea.Oakland richmond. the bay is so grimey man its sick. just cuz a dude has a bandana on his head dont mean he a gansta. if anything bay niggas some real niggas cuz they bout that money and bitches and if u fuck wit those 2 things wit a nigga in the bay watch some g-shit happen. real spit

May 9, 2002
You ever heard the song "Underground Boss" by Penthouse Players Clique?Playa Hamm says:

I aint no gangbanga/
But Ima gangsta/
A playa muthafucka/
Bring ya mother,I'll bang her!

Whats the definition of a "gangster"?That is what needs to be set in stone...and work from there....and you'll get you're answer...

D

DaSlimReaper

TROLL said:
ok i kno a lot of folx get there tidy's in a twist when this subject gets brought up to those who do i say... SKIP THIS THREAD.. HIT BACK ON YOUR BROWSER AND BOUNCE...

but..can an artist still call himself gangsta and his shit "gangsta music" if at the same time say there isnt any bangin goin on around these dirty waterz?.. folx like mac dre (rip)and cougnut(rip) at least recognized the fact that theres folx FROM the bay that REP the bay and still bang..fools who do bang, do u think its a slap in the face when u hear shit like that??

discuss..
The most notorious hoods in the Bay isn't ran by gang bangers, put it like that. The Bay isn't known for that, maybe the Mexicans and shit, but whatever. Who cares anyways? Shit is stupid anyways, to say that you have to be in a gang to be a gangsta rapper is just stupid. "Gansta" is a word with varied meanings, like "OG". It's just a nigga that put in work, period. Now drop this weak ass discussion, wtf? This thread is so stupid.

Mar 13, 2005
Man you a idiot when niggaz talk about we dont bang in the bay they mean crips and bloods that shit dont fly in the bay..

And as far as nortes that shit is overrated anyway i been down south and nortes dont bang half as hard as them mexicans in southern cali them niggaz down there shooting shit up everyday shooting muthafuckas from highways! taking over neighbourhoods and got everybody shook including police... and this comes from a black man born n raised in the bay so i aint biased or nothing i just think that whole norte shit is alot of hype dont get me wrong alot of mexicans up here get down for real for real and i fucks with them but overrall them surenos is alot wilder then nortes.

Feb 12, 2006
i understand what you have to say, however, many gangs have died out in the bay area because people aren't trippin off of colors no more, rather worrieds about turf-trippin. people woiuld rather protect they hood than protect they hood against people from they same hood /w a different color on..feel me

Feb 19, 2004
like i said man that shit is so played out man its ridiculious i stay out in daygo and they still trip off that color shit its not that serious ova a color man, if u trip off a nigga trip cuz i fucked ur bitch or im makin more money in ur hood than trippin becuz a color but then again if u trip off me cuz of that than u just a hater feel me. personally niggas need to be easy, thats why i feel this hyphy shit is good cuz niggaz need to relax and fuck bitches instead of fuckin off tha party yaamean! its 06' yall be foreal

Apr 18, 2005
YEA MAYN I DNT THINK THEY TALKIN' BOUT MEXICANS WHEN THEY SAY "WE DONT BANG IN THE BAY".. MEANING THERES NOT ALOTTA BLACKS GETTIN DOWN WIT THAT BLOOD VS. CRIP SHIT. OF COURSE THERE'S GANG BANGIN' BUT DEPENDS ON WHAT ETHNICITY YOU TALKIN ABOUT. THEY WUZ MEANIN' BLACKS, NOT MEXICANS.

Jan 17, 2006
u aint got to be in a gang or rep a color to be gangsta if u street and hood and u do g shit by ur lonely or with folks u doin some gangsta shit hands down. and mainly the only cats out here bangin colors is the mexicans and thats mainly for u hataz out there that might have somethin smart to say to that.

Jun 26, 2002
www.facebook.com
It's like this, for example.. in the city, there's actually sets that consider themselves bloods, but they don't bang it like that, they bang the turf.. so cats don't even know about them in that aspect.. bangin crip n blood just isn't a bay thing.. being a crip or blood is more on a family sense of a connection out here, it isn't about the colors.. it's a smarter way of approaching it and goes back to what gangs were originally created for which was a way of connecting the community.. now, the norte/sur thing is a whole other world.. it's got a different foundation..

I'll put it like this, if you ever get locked up, you'll see more clearly why the streets work the way they do..

Apr 25, 2002
www.mexica-movement.org
EASTSIDEUP said:
And as far as nortes that shit is overrated anyway i been down south and nortes dont bang half as hard as them mexicans in southern cali them niggaz down there shooting shit up everyday shooting muthafuckas from highways! taking over neighbourhoods and got everybody shook including police... and this comes from a black man born n raised in the bay so i aint biased or nothing i just think that whole norte shit is alot of hype dont get me wrong alot of mexicans up here get down for real for real and i fucks with them but overrall them surenos is alot wilder then nortes.
them highway shootings aint no joke..

Apr 19, 2005
I think the problem lies in the fact that people can't seperate music from an artist's so called reality.

An actor can state he's anti-death penalty, then turn around and star in a movie (which for the sake of this argument is based on a true story) where the lead character gets the gas chamber. He's not called a hypocrite because people understand the difference between REAL LIFE and MOVIES.

But for some reason, the fans of this gangsta-rap music get so wrapped up in living vicariously through the artists that they forget that this shit aint no different than a movie in that it's a form of entertainment. That's the bottom line. You can make all the excuses about the artists acting like this, and portraying that, posing on their album covers like this or glorifying that that you want. You're a very misguided individual (not you, but speaking in general terms) if you can't understand that it aint nothin but music.

Mufuckas make these rappers out to be superheroes and shit and that's sad. As far as the gangbangin shit in general ... just stupid on EVERY level.

May 16, 2006
Mayne yall some racist ass mutha fuckas. When they say we dont bang in the bay and all yall say ohhh they werent talkin about mexicans, blah blah blah, thats some muthafuckin bullshit, Latin run the Bay, We the BAY AREA LATIN BOSSES ENE. Last time I checked San Francisco and San Jose are still spanish names LAtin shit ya feel me. SO fuck that!!!!! Mutha fuckas bang HELLA HARD in the bay. FUck all that turf shit, you werin the wrong colors or the wrong teams like some LA shit, youll get fuckin smashed on hard, and no one gives a fuck what turf or hood your from. Nortes bang hard, and tell all them Tongan Crip Gang muthaFUCKAS THEY DONT BANG IN THE BAY, youll get slapped like a bitch,

May 16, 2006
Mayne, Drive throu any hood in Northern Cali and read the writings on the wall. The walls will tell you who bangs what and where u at. If you think banging dont exsist out here yall most not be from the street, fo realz watchin to many hyphy videos!!!!. Thats fake shit, hyphy is like the weekend life, the fun part, the going to the club fucking bitches and going dumb shit, but Real gangsta shit is a way of life, it aint alyways happy, but its real, . And ay TROLL i feel ya doggg, these muthafuckas panties get all wet when this subject comes out cause they dont know shit about this gangsta shit, ANd fuck that, If you aint in a gang i dont think your music should be labeled GANGSTA RAP, cause it aint, its just RAp or hip hop or some shit, And if you ever see some hells angeles riding past you, ask them if they bang, tell them they dont do there thing, tell them your from another morticycle club, see if you dont get banged on, and hells angeles and nortenos are the 2 biggest gangs in the bay. fuck the rest

May 16, 2006
tone650 said:
the original gangsters blacks included weren't fuckin rickets and slobs
You know who started Gangsta Rap, Eazy E, and NWA, you know what Eazy E was. A muthafuckin CRIP. THats why its called Gangsta rap, why didnt they call krs one or some other east coast shit gangsta? cause it aint?
All that happen to Gangsta Rap was that the meaning got twisted and lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.