Researchers identified the part of the brain responsible for deja vu

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 6, 2006
^I asked you to in order for you to have some context, which you stubbornly did not, which isn't my fault since I don't make mistakes like that.. It should of been apparent which context it was applied to in the way I used the word, unless you were unfamiliar with the first definition all together..:cool:

Dec 25, 2003
ParkBoyz said:
1from what I can see, the source used reports no correlation between Deja Vu and "psychoses or schizophrenic behavior"
I've worked as an internist at a Pyschiatric research institute and I studied psych in college.

Questionnaires used by psychologists attempting to assess for psychoses, manias, and schizotypcal behavior often ask if people experience deja vu...whether or not my google skills match yours.

Aug 6, 2006
WHITE DEVIL said:
I've worked as an internist at a Pyschiatric research institute and I studied psych in college.

Questionnaires used by psychologists attempting to assess for psychoses, manias, and schizotypcal behavior often ask if people experience deja vu...whether or not my google skills match yours.
Your Ad Hominems and false appeals to self have no bearing on me or google, especially since you're the apparent google/wikipedia scholar here as the link that I provided came from the wikipedia link that you provided genius(which is why I alluded to the fact that source-checking is important, instead of relying on random wikipedia searches to make a point), lol.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
ParkBoyz said:
^I asked you to in order for you to have some context, which you stubbornly did not, which isn't my fault since I don't make mistakes like that.. It should of been apparent which context it was applied to in the way I used the word, unless you were unfamiliar with the first definition all together..:cool:
this is my original post:

There is no feature of the human brain that is fundamentally different from other mammals, other than its complexity. The biochemistry is the same, the signaling mechanisms are the same, the neuronal circuitry is similar, the on;y difference is size and complexity.

The rest is human arrogance and selfishness...
after which you just put the word "immaterial"

I responded to the ridiculous view that there is an uniquely human feature of the human brain that is "immaterial" (in the second meaning of the word), something you clearly support

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Deja vu and other 'mystical' religious experiences are proven to be reported more by people who already have religious beliefs or whose brains are wired for those beliefs.
My psych books suggest 60%-70% of the population experience deja vu, and your source (wikipedia) suggests 70%. With that being said, on what grounds can you say it is more reported by people who already have religious experiences or whose brains are wired for those beliefs?

One funny thing about the whole 'deja vu' thing is when psychologists screen for mental illness, they often ask people if they have deja vu, if they can read thoughts, see things other people can't, or have mystical experiences.
Not all psychologists ask about deja vu when screening for mental illness, because there are several types of mental illness that actually have nothing to do with memory. Moreover, the same can be said about reading thoughts, hallucinations (auditory and visual) etc.

Refer to the DSM-IV if you need further insight.

Aug 6, 2006
What a failure you are sometimes G.. Directly preceding this post I stated to you that what you were saying was irrelevant, then directly proceeding this(your) post I stated that what you were saying was "immaterial". Why is that hard to understand G and why couldn't you keep it in context and put two and two together?

Dec 25, 2003
ParkBoyz said:
especially since you're the apparent google/wikipedia scholar here as the link that I provided came from the wikipedia link that you provided genius(which is why I alluded to the fact that source-checking is important, instead of relying on random wikipedia searches to make a point), lol.
Well that is absolutely frubillious Dr. Tuttlebine. Ditch the lexicon first as you are no William F Buckley. First year law/debate class terms like ad hominem and your extremely overused favorite "straw man" lose relevance when repeated four to five times in every thread. I'm not sure whether you just finished an intro to logics or debate course, but the same two or three "knockout blows" are used by you as a counter to nearly every argument put out.

And calling me the google/wikipedia scholar is somewhat backwards when you were the one asking for a link, lol.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
WHITE DEVIL said:

In regards to the first part of your statement, I've done that and more so what is your point?

Questionnaires used by psychologists attempting to assess for psychoses, manias, and schizotypcal behavior often ask if people experience deja vu...
And which form of testing was done? These "questionnaires" all have names and may vary according to the researcher or what type of treatment is being considered. Can you list the names of these questionaires, or are we to assume my google skills are better than yours? :dead:

Dec 25, 2003
HERESY said:
My psych books suggest 60%-70% of the population experience deja vu, and your source (wikipedia) suggests 70%. With that being said, on what grounds can you say it is more reported by people who already have religious experiences or whose brains are wired for those beliefs?
It is generally grouped in the larger category of 'mystical experiences', which are often reported by people with instances of mania, schizophrenia and schizotypal behaviors, some anxiety disorders, etc.

Not all psychologists ask about deja vu when screening for mental illness, because there are several types of mental illness that actually have nothing to do with memory. Moreover, the same can be said about reading thoughts, hallucinations (auditory and visual) etc.

Refer to the DSM-IV if you need further insight.
Of course not all psychologists ask about deja vu when screening/assessing for mental illnesses (an extremely broad category). What I am saying is that when looking specifically at bipolar disorder, mania or manic behaviors, schizotypal personalities / schizophrenia, they do often ask if the subject experiences deja vu.

And I gave my copy of the DSM away.

Dec 25, 2003
HERESY said:
Can you list the names of these questionaires, or are we to assume my google skills are better than yours? :dead:
As far as the individual names of questionnaires, I cant recall (its been 8 years since I was even remotely connected to the field) and I would in fact stipulate that your google and online debate skills far surpass mine.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
It is generally grouped in the larger category of 'mystical experiences', which are often reported by people with instances of mania, schizophrenia and schizotypal behaviors, some anxiety disorders, etc.
It isn't a "mystical experience" OR illness, so why is it often grouped in the larger category? Again, 60-70% of the population report experiences of deja vu, so why are you attempting to specifically link it to mental illness? You aren't saying anythign remotely important or linked to psychology. Basically the only thing you are saying is "nutcases report deja vu", yet you sidestep the fact that 60-70% of the pop reports them. So, with that being said is 60-70% of the population nuts?

Of course not all psychologists ask about deja vu when screening/assessing for mental illnesses (an extremely broad category).
Yet that is not the way you were putting it out there, and I agree it is an extremely broad category which is why suggested you acknowledge this simple fact.

What I am saying is that when looking specifically at bipolar disorder, mania or manic behaviors, schizotypal personalities / schizophrenia, they do often ask if the subject experiences deja vu.
They also ask when the last time the person ate breakfast, or how many hours of sleep they got last night. Again, the question of deja vu is NOT always asked, and if it is asked, it depends on the condition of the patient/client, the test being administered, who is administering the test, treatment etc.

Aug 6, 2006
WHITE DEVIL said:
Well that is absolutely frubillious Dr. Tuttlebine. Ditch the lexicon first as you are no William F Buckley. First year law/debate class terms like ad hominem and your extremely overused favorite "straw man" lose relevance when repeated four to five times in every thread. I'm not sure whether you just finished an intro to logics or debate course, but the same two or three "knockout blows" are used by you as a counter to nearly every argument put out.

And calling me the google/wikipedia scholar is somewhat backwards when you were the one asking for a link, lol.
Hahaha, now we have an undercompensated siccness member taking shots at critical thinking when all else fails, William F Buckley aside, your appeals to false authority is useless since you can't muster up a formidable response. Straw Man, Claw Man, you're a victim of it as a lot of people on here are, which is something I'm not afraid to point out. If it doesn't apply, please show me how, but if it does apply, the fact that I "overuse" the word only exposes the incompetence that lingers on these boards, along with you and your self-delusion as an authority of psychology and denial of being a premiere wikipedia/google scholar..:cool:

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
WHITE DEVIL said:
As far as the individual names of questionnaires, I cant recall (its been 8 years since I was even remotely connected to the field) and I would in fact stipulate that your google and online debate skills far surpass mine.
So basically you're telling me you don't know much of anything. Good job. Now in a matter of less than 20 minutes I've been able to prove a point by utilizing google and superior debating skills? LMAO!

Do me a favor, bucko. Use this sites search forum and search this forum for PSYCHOLOGY.

Dec 25, 2003
ParkBoyz said:
the fact that I "overuse" the word only exposes the incompetence that lingers on these boards, along with you and your self-delusion as an authority of psychology and denial of being a premiere wikipedia/google scholar..:cool:
And if I consistently called "Juicy Fruit" during debates, would it prove that most of the posters here are a delicious low-sugar snack that aids salivation and digestion?

I made no claims as to being any sort of an authority in Psych. What I said is that I have worked with psychologists and psychiatrists and I studied the subject in college and yes, I have seen the question asked in person and in questionnaires.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Here you are in funny guy mode:

Deja vu and other 'mystical' religious experiences are proven to be reported more by people who already have religious beliefs or whose brains are wired for those beliefs.

One funny thing about the whole 'deja vu' thing is when psychologists screen for mental illness, they often ask people if they have deja vu, if they can read thoughts, see things other people can't, or have mystical experiences. These things are often signs of psychoses or schizotypal behavior.
Here you are after you got knocked the fuck out:

I made no claims as to being any sort of an authority in Psych. What I said is that I have worked with psychologists and psychiatrists and I studied the subject in college and yes, I have seen the question asked in person and in questionnaires.
Leave it alone....

Dec 25, 2003
HERESY said:
Now in a matter of less than 20 minutes I've been able to prove a point by utilizing google and superior debating skills? LMAO!
What you have a talent for is 'lawyering'.

You take a statement, miss the original intent and context, find a small discrepancy and harp on it until the person is forced to say "well yes you're right I said Thursday and not Wednesday 75% of the time".

You then take that admission and go "Well it's clear you obviously falsify dates, what else of your opinion is bs?" or you use your superior googling to find a source that people without 45 minutes of free time can counter until people give up and leave.

Aug 6, 2006
WHITE DEVIL said:
And if I consistently called "Juicy Fruit" during debates, would it prove that most of the posters here are a delicious low-sugar snack that aids salivation and digestion?
No, it simply proves(unless I'm proven wrong) that whenever the word is applied(given each individual case), it is referring to the use of Straw man arguments from people like you who don't understand much.

WHITE DEVIL said:
This comment is irrelevant since it doesn't argue the second half of your point(that I questioned). This is also apparent given the fact that you relied on wikipedia to support your claim and the source used by wikipedia made no such claims.

Dec 25, 2003
ParkBoyz said:
This comment is irrelevant since it doesn't argue the second half of your point(that I questioned). This is also apparent given the fact that you relied on wikipedia to support your claim and the ource used by wikipedia made no such claims.
Regardless...the preposition that unless it's on the internet, it must not be true is false.