R.I.P. Mac from Mac N Ak

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 10, 2002
I met Mac in 2001 when I picked him up from a place in East Palo Alto and we drove to his other house. He played me a ton of beats (had beats for days) and showed me his gold plaque from the Nothin' to Lose soundtrack which was the first plaque I'd ever seen. He was a legend in the Norcal game then and as was mentioned, he was humble and happy to share beats and game with a young kid who had dreams of making an album. Huge respect to him and my condolences to his family... RIP!

May 12, 2002
www.glmc.gemm.com
Had heard about this earlier. Hoping it wasn't true. Great music from him. RIP to the brotha. I still knock that song from 98 he did with Furious Jack of Spades.

Always great music. From what I heard over the years, his music, other artists he worked with he was a true motivator and mentor for many west coast artists.

i listen to that song a lot too .. And i think it was Back Stabber offa Encin's Devilz Advocate he rapped on & produced, countless tracks like that.

Real sad to hear man. RIP

Apr 25, 2002
Wow this is really sad. My buddy and I had Mac and AK on our college radio shows way back when and they were super nice, down to earth guys. I didn't communicate directly with Mac after that show but he left a great first impression with me. He was a musician and didn't carry himself like a street thug just trying his hand at a new hustle.

Thoughts to his brother and family.

Nov 26, 2013
Damn I just got back into town and came back to some fucked up news! Mac was the homie, one of the first people I got to work with when I was just starting out. Showed me major love. May you rest in paradise playa!

Apr 25, 2002
Just wanted to come on here and speak my piece on MAC. Cuz was a good dude. He produced the title track for the Full Metal Jacket album, and lead his vocals on the cut Supa Succa Killaz (or some shit like that, forgot title) Given the history of "issues" between East San Jose and East Palo Alto for us to be able to work together was a blessing and showed real unity. He showed you boy love, him and his brother. I have a pic of him at my album release party that I may try and post on here later. Everytime I would go to PA they showed love (shout out to C-Funk!) Sad to see him go out so soon. May Allah be pleased with his life, and watch over his family. All I can say is do what yall gotta do to prolong your stay here among the living. We getting older, so your health has GOT to be in check. Rest In peace Mac, you will be missed.