No one can get a shot of in .4 seconds

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 13, 2004
ok the fact of the matter is he did get the shot off. But i just watched the game for my third time (not all of it, taped the replay of the game on espn). Tim duncans shot hit net at .6 seconds and went threw bottem (clock stops when the ball hits the bottem of the net not when it goes in) at about .3 to .5 its too hard to tell from watching all the angles they showed in slow motion. To be fair they gave the lakers .4 which i have no beef with. But then on the inbounds is there refs fucked them over. Now i watched this live play about 25 times in regular and slow motion. While its not as noticebly to the untrained eye but they dont start the clock till fisher already started his turnaround jumper. In actaul game time they gave fisher about .7 or .8 seconds to get his shot off. The spurs have already filed a protest (have the right to) but its not likely to be changed. Becuase the league is the lakers bitchs. Fisher did get the shot off but if they started the clock when he recieved the pass then he would of proll let it go about .1 or .2 seconds after the game clock expired. Bitch piss and moan about it. The game will prolly stand but the laker dont deserve it. If u have your own copy of the game pop it in ur vcr/dvd player and watch it on slow mo or if u can watch two things out of the corner of your eye you will see i am right.

May 13, 2004
Alkahol_Gone said:
and it wont be the last the haters just love to bitch

I like how you ingored my post. I know why 2 is because i speak the truth. Fisher comes off screen catchs ball at .4 seconds left. Jumps and starts his turnaround finally the clock starts fisher lets go at .1 seconds. Bottemline BASKET shouldnt of been counted. And you can deny all you want becuase it only proves your blind or dont wanna admit that the Spurs rightfully should of won that game

May 10, 2002
as much as i hate the lakers and seeing them win, it was still a legit shot.....i mean, when your talking about fractions of seconds here, no timekeeper is gonna be perfect.....and if you wanna get technical with the shit, there probably shouldve been more time on the clock after duncan hit his bucket.....so it kind of evened itself out.....

Aug 7, 2002
lmao ya'll just mad cuz fisher got it in...even if it was only .08 sec left and fisher shot it it still would have went to zero! nuf said

caff

Sicc OG
May 10, 2002
Quit crying, the game is over...Spurs played their asses off, Lakers did the same.....it's not like your complaints are going to get Stern to change the outcome of last night's game. Move on.

Don't blame fisher for that laker greatness rubbing off on him. Blame Popovich for not using the foul he had to give

That'll teach bitches to celebrate early.

May 13, 2004
caffeine said:
Quit crying, the game is over...Spurs played their asses off, Lakers did the same.....it's not like your complaints are going to get Stern to change the outcome of last night's game. Move on.

Don't blame fisher for that laker greatness rubbing off on him. Blame Popovich for not using the foul he had to give

That'll teach bitches to celebrate early.

go fuck yourself fanboy

Apr 5, 2003
Yeah they gave the fakers that game. There was no way in hell he coulda hit that shit in 0.4 seconds. That was bull shit. Of course these dick ridin faker fans is gonna say its legit but it's all good.

Mar 18, 2003
I was thinking the same thing. Some folks just can't see.

southeast619ray, did you not see the fucking picture? Please people, use your brain. It was either *all* legit, or equally wrong. In either case, the Lakers deserve the win.

Friday, May 14, 2004

NBA: Clock "started appropriatley" on Fisher's shot

NEW YORK -- The NBA denied the San Antonio Spurs' protest of Game 5 of the Western Conference semifinals, which ended with a buzzer-beating shot by Derek Fisher of the Los Angeles Lakers.

The Spurs contended the clock did not start quickly enough after Fisher caught an inbounds pass with 0.4 seconds remaining. Fisher swished an 18-foot jumper to give the Lakers a 74-73 victory on Thursday night in San Antonio.

The protest was denied Friday by NBA commissioner David Stern. The league said a video tape review showed the game clock "started appropriately" and confirmed the determination of the referees, using instant replay, that the shot was released before time expired.

One of the three officials triggers the start with a wireless device on his belt. A neutral scorekeeper does, too, as a backup.

"I think it definitely started late," San Antonio coach Gregg Popovich said after the game.

Fisher's shot came after Tim Duncan made an off-balance basket from the top of the key to give the Spurs the lead with 0.4 seconds left.

After three timeouts, Gary Payton was ready to pass to Shaquille O'Neal or Kobe Bryant. The Spurs had them covered, leaving Fisher free. He caught the ball, sank the shot over Manu Ginobili, then ran off the court in celebration.

"I just wanted to get out of there and not give them an opportunity to think that we didn't believe it went in," Fisher said.

The Lakers lead the series 3-2, with Game 6 in Los Angeles on Saturday.

Just another case of Laker haters crying "cheat" when all is fair.

May 15, 2002
Dont this remind you of when a few seasons ago Baron Davis made a 3-pointer to win the game with .7 seconds left, but they said it was impossible for him to turn around and get that shot off with .7 seconds left, so therefore, the shot didnt count. If they said it was impossible in that situation, how in the hell could it be possible with .4?

Apr 5, 2003
Mista Sinista said:
Dont this remind you of when a few seasons ago Baron Davis made a 3-pointer to win the game with .7 seconds left, but they said it was impossible for him to turn around and get that shot off with .7 seconds left, so therefore, the shot didnt count. If they said it was impossible in that situation, how in the hell could it be possible with .4?
Because Baron Davis didn't play for the almight Los Angeles Lakers.

Nov 2, 2002
southeast619ray said:
The NBA loves the lakers. Of course they gon take they side. The game was fixed I don't give a fuck what none of you dick riders say.
OH PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE. HOW YOU GONNA FIX A GAME BY HAVING A DUDE HAVE TO MAKE A IMPOSSIBLE SHOT WITH .4? GOT DAMN, YOU GUYS NEEED TO SWALLOW YOUR PRIDE AND ADMIT THEY WON