London's burning!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 16, 2008
Yes, there is police brutality at a large scale.

But I also do know the number you will dial without hesitation when in immediate danger.

My uncle has been a cop for 20 years and would die in the line without hesitation to protect citizens. He isn't a crooked cop. There are millions of cops who serve the community. You'd all be outraged if I said that all muslims are terrorists but are fine with the generalization that all cops are pigs

dali

Sicc OG
Feb 28, 2006
dali- how much is college in Germany?
It used to be completely free until a couple of years ago. It's still free in some states like Berlin (although they're in great debt), other states like North Rhine Westphalia (where I'm at) now take tuition fees. It's about 500 + 200 (social fee) € per semester, for me. That includes a train ticket, which allows me to travel the whole catchment area of my state. There have been some minor (mostly non violent) protests against the fees, but nothing compared to the protests in Britain. If the green party/social democrats win the next election, however, the fees might be abolished again (which doesn't really concern me, because i'll be finished by then). Could be worse, i guess. Still, i can't really see how the tuitions we pay have improved our state of learning at the Uni...All Education should be free, if you ask me...