JR WRITER SOLD 700 COPIES OF CINECRACK

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 8, 2003
JR Writer can rap but I can name sum rappers outta Cali dat would put him to tha test lyrically. Yukmouth believe it or not is one of em. X-Raided would rip him to shreds and same with Lynch (New Lynch not da sicc dark Lynch)
Jayo Felony mite surprise him to same with Game and Silas

www.myspace.com/okla405nicca
re read the whole thread either your not good at comperhending or you didnt read. he said JR is better then Bay Rappers(not the whole west coast) lynch, raided, game and them are not from teh bay.

If we was talking about teh whole west coast THEN I would say Jr isnt fucking with X-raided, Lynch, Crooked I, The Game, Ras Kass, Kurupt on the mic in no kind of way but tahst not teh case they was comparing BAY AREA artist.

Jun 10, 2007
I realize that, but if you're comparing those artists' lyrical content to J.R.'s lyrical content, you're wrong..Even though this tape was weak, they don't come close to J.R.'s word play, punchlines, metaphor's, similies, everything. But, I don't think it's fair to compare those artists to J.R. Writer because they are different types of MCs.....You could probably compare J.R. Writer to other members of the dips such as Hell Rell or .40 Cal, maybe even compare him to Crooked I, Joell Ortiz, or Chamillionaire...:eyecross:....but we've already had that arguement in this thread, I think.....

well ok dats my opinion but i see where ur comin from though. But I wasnt really tryin ta match JR writer with rappers only similiar to him, I was matching him up to whoeva I thought was equal or better lyrically than him from the west

Jun 10, 2007
re read the whole thread either your not good at comperhending or you didnt read. he said JR is better then Bay Rappers(not the whole west coast) lynch, raided, game and them are not from teh bay.

If we was talking about teh whole west coast THEN I would say Jr isnt fucking with X-raided, Lynch, Crooked I, The Game, Ras Kass, Kurupt on the mic in no kind of way but tahst not teh case they was comparing BAY AREA artist.

My bad he said the whole bay and 97% of the west coast which in a way still means the names I mentioned are coo. But ill take every name away dat I mentioned and say one artist from the bay and dats Yuk. If anyone says JR Writer is better den Yuk I could undastand dat but like I said im goin on my personal opinion

Feb 8, 2003
^^^^ how bout u re-read it. he mentioned da bay and aftawards said the whole west
go back and look at it bruh

He said 97% of the west meaning he think some are better but he was mainly talking bout whole bay.

Anyway it goes we all have different tastes in music no need for all of us to clash bc obviously jr dont give a fuck bout our thoughts bc if he did he would be posting in this thread. He sitting back countin his money and laughing at internet posters and bloggers.

May 8, 2008
LOL somebody pull up JR Writer's touring schedule haha on the real if people ain't buying his records, what makes you think they gon spend 30 dollars to catch him at a show? I promise I'm not trying to come off as a hater, I was honestly just being sarcastic with my first comment, but keep it real, 700 album sells is pathetic. It's an embarrassment. And it means much more than you are letting off. 700 copies = you are not hot, and not in demand. If you not in demand who in their right mind would book you for a show? Now I don't know what he's doing as far as touring and shows I could be completely wrong, but on the surface it don't look good for the nigga.

Feb 8, 2003
LOL somebody pull up JR Writer's touring schedule haha on the real if people ain't buying his records, what makes you think they gon spend 30 dollars to catch him at a show? I promise I'm not trying to come off as a hater, I was honestly just being sarcastic with my first comment, but keep it real, 700 album sells is pathetic. It's an embarrassment. And it means much more than you are letting off. 700 copies = you are not hot, and not in demand. If you not in demand who in their right mind would book you for a show? Now I don't know what he's doing as far as touring and shows I could be completely wrong, but on the surface it don't look good for the nigga.

Sales dont make you the best think about something if it does then the best rappers right now will be T.I. and LIL WAYNE and Rick Ross(bc they sold teh most the last year)and you see all the negative comments those three artists gets on here. So once again sales dont make you better skills wise just popularity wise.

You gotta realize too them scans dont always include digital sales either. also all his shit since 2006 been mixtape/street albums. he basically only dropped one album and that was "history in the making". His second album has nt came out yet its called write off.

May 8, 2008
Sales dont make you the best think about something if it does then the best rappers right now will be T.I. and LIL WAYNE and Rick Ross(bc they sold teh most the last year)and you see all the negative comments those three artists gets on here. So once again sales dont make you better skills wise just popularity wise.

You gotta realize too them scans dont always include digital sales either. also all his shit since 2006 been mixtape/street albums. he basically only dropped one album and that was "history in the making". His second album has nt came out yet its called write off.
Hmmm....Where in my posts did I say sells made you the best? Cmon man please don't misunderstand what I'm typing. As a matter of fact, I wasn't even talking about JR's skill level that was other bruh.....He brought up JR vs. The WestCoast out of the clear blue sky for no apparent reason. I just went along with it.

Feb 8, 2003
Hmmm....Where in my posts did I say sells made you the best?

700 copies = you are not hot.

There it is.

also now that you explaining yourself more i see where you coming from now before it didnt seem like your thoughts was the same level they on now. You right 700 units isnt good for a signed artist to sell but you gotta look at it like jr really never sold crazy numbers to begin with so im not shocked.. but jr def isnt starving or broke thats when i replied in.

Now Bow Wow on the other hand that nigga flopped how you gonna go from everyone of your albums being platinum to your new album just selling 28,000 copies now thats the biggest flop sale wise in the last 5 years. But another point about him is he sint broke either.

May 8, 2008
There it is.

also now that you explaining yourself more i see where you coming from now before it didnt seem like your thoughts was the same level they on now. You right 700 units isnt good for a signed artist to sell but you gotta look at it like jr really never sold crazy numbers to begin with so im not shocked.. but jr def isnt starving or broke thats when i replied in.

Now Bow Wow on the other hand that nigga flopped how you gonna go from everyone of your albums being platinum to your new album just selling 28,000 copies now thats the biggest flop sale wise in the last 5 years. But another point about him is he sint broke either.
LOL I guess this is why I hate the internet...to many fucking misunderstandings. Not hot as in not in demand, as in not relevant, as in nobody gives a shit about you. I didn't say he wasn't good. And you are 100% right. Bow Wow is more of a flop than JR because of his fan base. But Bow Wow is eating off other people's plate. He still eating off shit he did years ago....hell maybe JR is too, just 700 units ain't a good look.

Jan 27, 2008
I think it is pointless to argue about sales and all that shit, because as a fan it doesn't matter to me who sold what. I just like the music.

On that note i think it is misguided to say that jr writer could beat battle anybody in the bay and win.

People need to check their history with statements like that. E-40 never lost a step, ever. He killed AZ back in 96.

JR writer could probably beat a few bay rappers. But there are sharks in the water in the bay, the jacka, san quinn, mistah fab, keak da sneak, messy marv. And i don't know how people discredit yukmouth. Yukmouth is raised on beef. JR Writer can spit and has talent. But lets slow down on JR killing everybody.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
It isn't a good album anyway. But that's still too low. U haven't been following the soundscans in a long time, seems like the recession totally killed whatever sales were left to be killed...

May 15, 2002

On the reverse side, you have to realize that being the best doesn't make you successful either. The whole game is about marketing. J.R Writer or anyone artist could be the best, but if no one knows about you, then you're not gonna sell. So, the worst rapper can outsell the best rapper because his material is marketed better and people know about the worst rapper.

Talent doesn't = equal. Being the best means nothing if nobody knows about you. J.R Writer's record sales proves that.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
maybe muthafuckas realized how much of a fraud ass rapper he is. this foo needs the same kind of beats to bust on every fucking time. this foo went into a radio station and needed beats switched cuz he couldn't bust a written to them. if you rap for a living you should be able to rap over anything. period. I will not purchase anything from JR simply because I do not need to listen to an imitation Cam'ron with better punchlines and no swag (we're talking dipset here, the term swag must be used no matter how gay it is)

Jul 29, 2008
maybe muthafuckas realized how much of a fraud ass rapper he is. this foo needs the same kind of beats to bust on every fucking time. this foo went into a radio station and needed beats switched cuz he couldn't bust a written to them. if you rap for a living you should be able to rap over anything. period.
Some people are picky with what they spit on.. You can hold that against him. That's like you not liking an album because of the beats. If you aint feeling it.. you aint feeling it.

He is a battle rapper and freestyle artist... if he wanted to, I'm pretty sure he kan just spit out shit. He does on the radio all the time.

As for written, well it might not go with the beat, so maybe he needed something to flow with.

Some of my homies dont feel beats, so they dont spit on them. I know they can go in on them and destroy em, but its just the way it is.