JR WRITER SOLD 700 COPIES OF CINECRACK

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 9, 2002
LMAO you say that like it's supposed to have an effect on me I could give a damn how good you think he is....If you a rapper, and only moving 700 units, you need a day job. Period.
He has been in the game since the late 90's...if he needed a new profession, he wouldnt have been around for a decade.

And dont get butt hurt becuase your precious Bay artiats couldnt hold JR Writer's notepad and pen for him.

May 8, 2008
He has been in the game since the late 90's...if he needed a new profession, he wouldnt have been around for a decade.

And dont get butt hurt becuase your precious Bay artiats couldnt hold JR Writer's notepad and pen for him.
Maybe you didn't understand my last post so I will try again. I don't give a shit about JR Writer's career, or how good of a rapper you think he is. He sold 700 records bruh. He needs a new job. Comparing him to Bay rappers means nothing to me. I could name a half a dozen rappers that I think are better. It's all opinion. Fact of the matter is, if you moving 700 units, you ain't eating, therefore you need a new profession. And I'm sure he has one.

May 8, 2008
Bay Area rappers that eat up JR Writer....

Locksmith
San Quinn
E-40
Yukmouth
Carson
Ya Boy...I could keep goin....But hey it's all opinion.

I love how cats get all wrapped up on these punchline rappers and shit. Yea JR Writer has some creative lines, but can the nigga write a song? He has one "hit" that "Grill Em," and I wasn't even a fan of that. Maybe this is why he only movin 700 units.

May 9, 2002
Maybe you didn't understand my last post so I will try again. I don't give a shit about JR Writer's career, or how good of a rapper you think he is. He sold 700 records bruh. He needs a new job. Comparing him to Bay rappers means nothing to me. I could name a half a dozen rappers that I think are better. It's all opinion. Fact of the matter is, if you moving 700 units, you ain't eating, therefore you need a new profession. And I'm sure he has one.
Oh no, i understood just fine...but apparently, YOU did not understand that he has BEEN around and has dropped at LEAST 10 albums. So why all of the sudden would he need to "find a new profession" when he has been doin what he has been doing for over a decade? What part of that do you NOT understand. If Roger Clemens has 6 straight great seasons and has one shitty one, does that mean HE needs to find a new profession? Your logic is fuckin retarded is basically what i am trying to say, but apparently you didnt get it.

May 9, 2002

Locksmith
He is the closest on yor list..

San Quinn
E-40
Yukmouth
Carson
Ya Boy...
You have GOt to be kidding me.

.I could keep goin....But hey it's all opinion
Agreed, but there are some things that are actually FACT. JR Writer is a battle rapper...there is no WAY, any of those cats, besides Locksmith, that could even get in the same RING as JR...sorry bro, that is NOT opinion.

I love how cats get all wrapped up on these punchline rappers and shit. Yea JR Writer has some creative lines, but can the nigga write a song?
Uhhhh...have you LISTENED to any of his CD's? It would appear that you have NOT.

He has one "hit" that "Grill Em," and I wasn't even a fan of that. Maybe this is why he only movin 700 units.
Which was a mediocre song at best. JR as an actual SONG maker has only gotten BETTER since that song...maybe you should open your mind and listen.

LOL @ E-40 being eating up JR...i have seen it all now.

SMH

May 8, 2008
He is the closest on yor list..

You have GOt to be kidding me.

Agreed, but there are some things that are actually FACT. JR Writer is a battle rapper...there is no WAY, any of those cats, besides Locksmith, that could even get in the same RING as JR...sorry bro, that is NOT opinion.

Uhhhh...have you LISTENED to any of his CD's? It would appear that you have NOT.

Which was a mediocre song at best. JR as an actual SONG maker has only gotten BETTER since that song...maybe you should open your mind and listen.

LOL @ E-40 being eating up JR...i have seen it all now.

SMH
None of that stuff you said is fact unless he's done it. Never battled anybody from the Bay, you don't know what would happen. It's still your opinion, which is why I really don't even want to get in this with you. You have your taste I have mines. Obviously the nigga is selling 700 albums means people don't fuck with him. Rap is a job, and he's not doing it very well. Your baseball analogy doesn't work because Roger Clemons still gets paid even if he has one shitty year. 700 units means the JR Writer family had a tough winter.

May 8, 2008
I don't even know why you trying to drag me into an argument about JR Writer and Bay rappers. I don't give a shit bruh. This nigga ain't eating with 700 units sold. Unless he doing something else on the side, him and his fam is starving.

Feb 8, 2003
Fact of the matter is, if you moving 700 units, you ain't eating, therefore you need a new profession.

Actually that is not true at all. have you heard of doing shows? Most rappers get paid for one show then you will make at your 9-5 in 4 months. Also features get you paid. not to mention its known jr just like many dipset mebers arein the streets making dirty money.

Point is he is def doing better then you and many people in life 700 units or not he whipping brand new aston martins and rocking property value chains.

ALos rap isnt a job to professional artists its a career. theres a difference between a job and a career.

a job is just some shit you really dontr like and just do to get by and a career is where you set a landmark and keep branching off to different opportunities from it.

Feb 8, 2003

Locksmith
San Quinn
E-40
Yukmouth
Carson
Ya Boy...I could keep goin....But hey it's all opinion.

all them named except e-40 are either has beens or never beens. Ya Boy cant fuck with writer on teh mic on writers worst day. lets be real.and he isnt no west coast rapper he sounds like he immulating a new jersey freestyler honestly. Non of them named not even 40(yeah i like 40 but he on a different style he not no lyricst) is on jr's level with the lyrics.all bullshit aside

I love how cats get all wrapped up on these punchline rappers and shit. Yea JR Writer has some creative lines, but can the nigga write a song?

Thats all ya Boy is and thats a punchline rapper. . I heard all his shit and he just punchlines he dont tell stories and ish.

May 9, 2002
LOL @ people thinking rappers only make money off of CD's.

As a matter of fact, if its one thing that MC's DONT get paid off of (mostly those on big record lables), its record sales...they literlly see PENNIES from that shit.

Touring = money. And i know for a fact that JR and the whole Dipset crew (when they were still together) toured all over the WORLD multiple times. Trust me when i tell you JR is eating JUST fine.

Feb 8, 2003
LOL @ people thinking rappers only make money off of CD's.

As a matter of fact, if its one thing that MC's DONT get paid off of (mostly those on big record lables), its record sales...they literlly see PENNIES from that shit.

Touring = money. And i know for a fact that JR and the whole Dipset crew (when they were still together) toured all over the WORLD multiple times. Trust me when i tell you JR is eating JUST fine.

exactly

I can vouch that jr do got money though.i remember when he whip out rediulous stacks of money. and this town business guy fail to realize jr do have gold record plaques on his walls maybe not from his album but from being on cam'ron and juelzs and etc albums

May 9, 2002
None of that stuff you said is fact unless he's done it.
Homie, JR was a battle rapper BEFORE he started making wirtten albums. BUt youre lile 20 year old ass would knwo about that becuase he was battling heavy MC's when you were playing tag with the lil girls, tryin to not catch COOTIES.

Never battled anybody from the Bay, you don't know what would happen.
I have seen Locksmith battle, and he is the only that has a CHANCE with JR. Ya Boy is overrated and really stale, E-40 dont battle, Yukmouth can ONLY rap about shinnin these days and he DOESNT battle and Clyde cant even put a fuckin album out.

It's still your opinion, which is why I really don't even want to get in this with you.
I respect opoinions, but when a man has PROVEN that he is a champion battle rapper, it changes OPINION, to FACT.

You have your taste I have mines.
Agreed, but see above.

Obviously the nigga is selling 700 albums means people don't fuck with him.
Or, people DOWNLOADED the album...ever think about that? How about out the trunk? How about the fact that this album had ZERO promotion...even less than some of these Bay cats.

Rap is a job, and he's not doing it very well. Your baseball analogy doesn't work because Roger Clemons still gets paid even if he has one shitty year. 700 units means the JR Writer family had a tough winter.
And you ovbiously dont get the fact that rappers dont EAT of album sales unless they are independent or with a smaller record label...rappers eat off TOURING. SO yes, my analogy STANDS. Even if JR DOESNT sell shit, he is on TOUR...constantly.

Sep 29, 2003
700+ units isnt that bad for a mixtape during the recession. I think the buying new CDs, and mixtape's at that, is one of the last thing on most people's minds right now. I wasn't feelin the mixtape anyway, shoulda been called Cinecrap. If the mixtape was hot, like Writers Block 1-3 and History In The Making, and it was on for 9.99 at Best Buy, maybe I would cop. I would blame the economy for him pushing area code units.....

Jun 10, 2007
JR Writers is better than any MC in the Bay and about 97% of the West Coast. His profession is just fine.

JR Writer can rap but I can name sum rappers outta Cali dat would put him to tha test lyrically. Yukmouth believe it or not is one of em. X-Raided would rip him to shreds and same with Lynch (New Lynch not da sicc dark Lynch)
Jayo Felony mite surprise him to same with Game and Silas

www.myspace.com/okla405nicca

Sep 29, 2003
I realize that, but if you're comparing those artists' lyrical content to J.R.'s lyrical content, you're wrong..Even though this tape was weak, they don't come close to J.R.'s word play, punchlines, metaphor's, similies, everything. But, I don't think it's fair to compare those artists to J.R. Writer because they are different types of MCs.....You could probably compare J.R. Writer to other members of the dips such as Hell Rell or .40 Cal, maybe even compare him to Crooked I, Joell Ortiz, or Chamillionaire...:eyecross:....but we've already had that arguement in this thread, I think.....