Jermain Taylor vs Kelly Pavlik REMATCH

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

results?

• Total voters
Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
Not a bad fight, but Taylor just doesn't seem to have that 'killer instinct' that I thought I used to get a glimpse of when he was younger, even a few years ago. He's really been somewhat of a disappointment to me, in the sense that when he was fought Hopkins, for example, I was really convinced he may be 'the next big thing'...

Overall, a good fight, and I had it 116-112, for Pavlik.

Dec 9, 2005
Questionable decision IMO.

I thought Taylor landed the harder shots...he had a good strategy and came in with great head movement. I don't know about no 117-111...it was a very close fight. I honestly thought Taylor did enough to win.

I'd have to rewatch the encore on HBO next week tho.

Oct 26, 2006
www.greenrm420records.com
man i felt the same way intill he fought bernard then i knew he was done even with the win,i thought bernard won.and hes still young so sad.
as for the fight tonight pavlick just made him look so amteur i new he wouldnt knock him out rematces never live up 2 the first fight.and fuk the commitators i hate them all who thinks of the shit they say lol.u all see roy bobbing and weaving in the background you know he wants some of pavlik he needs a good come back but his cock fighting stance is a joke fuk it hes a joke always has been he cant fuk with james[lights out]toney thats y he never gave him a rematch.coward.im rambling im out.

Not a bad fight, but Taylor just doesn't seem to have that 'killer instinct' that I thought I used to get a glimpse of when he was younger, even a few years ago. He's really been somewhat of a disappointment to me, in the sense that when he was fought Hopkins, for example, I was really convinced he may be 'the next big thing'...

Overall, a good fight, and I had it 116-112, for Pavlik.

Jul 24, 2005
man i felt the same way intill he fought bernard then i knew he was done even with the win,i thought bernard won.and hes still young so sad.
as for the fight tonight pavlick just made him look so amteur i new he wouldnt knock him out rematces never live up 2 the first fight.and fuk the commitators i hate them all who thinks of the shit they say lol.u all see roy bobbing and weaving in the background you know he wants some of pavlik he needs a good come back but his cock fighting stance is a joke fuk it hes a joke always has been he cant fuk with james[lights out]toney thats y he never gave him a rematch.coward.im rambling im out.
Shit I will take roy if they fight,roy look damn good that last fight I know he was fighting tito but damn he look like the roy of old picking his spots and counter punching.

Oct 26, 2006
Shit I will take roy if they fight,roy look damn good that last fight I know he was fighting tito but damn he look like the roy of old picking his spots and counter punching.
ya he did look good but i never liked him he always be fightin garbage men store clerks just would have never made it against real compitition,like i said theres 2 fighters that he never gave a rematch and didnt realy win convincenly.forgive my spelling.but roy jones is over rated.i put money along time ago that he wouldnt make it without loosing once and i was right.....

Jul 24, 2005
ya he did look good but i never liked him he always be fightin garbage men store clerks just would have never made it against real compitition,like i said theres 2 fighters that he never gave a rematch and didnt realy win convincenly.forgive my spelling.but roy jones is over rated.i put money along time ago that he wouldnt make it without loosing once and i was right.....
you can't blame roy for the era he was fighting don't forget nigel benn duck roy jones . Roy was the man why split the purse when he beat both of them already, roy wanted 60-40 and b-hop & toney was not having it.

Oct 26, 2006
you can't blame roy for the era he was fighting don't forget nigel benn duck roy jones . Roy was the man why split the purse when he beat both of them already, roy wanted 60-40 and b-hop & toney was not having.
man have i herd that a million times,well how could you call the shots ya he won but rematches are mandatory even when a fighter gets knocked out and jones didnt knockout either of them.tome roy jones is a runner not a figrt but hay im more for the brawling fighters,honestly roy didnt want a rematch cause he knew what would have happend early carrier ending lol.he was scared and didnt want to pay them what they were worht.when roy fought heavyweight he didnt do shit jame stoney took out holyfield man not even to many heavy weights did that old or not.and ruiz and joneslol joke fight jones knew he could pap and run.

Jul 24, 2005
man have i herd that a million times,well how could you call the shots ya he won but rematches are mandatory even when a fighter gets knocked out and jones didnt knockout either of them.tome roy jones is a runner not a figrt but hay im more for the brawling fighters,honestly roy didnt want a rematch cause he knew what would have happend early carrier ending lol.he was scared and didnt want to pay them what they were worht.when roy fought heavyweight he didnt do shit jame stoney took out holyfield man not even to many heavy weights did that old or not.and ruiz and joneslol joke fight jones knew he could pap and run.
mane that what boxing is all about hit and not to be hit, but styles make fight now u can't just blame roy it 2 people in the ring

Oct 26, 2006
mane that what boxing is all about hit and not to be hit, but styles make fight now u can't just blame roy it 2 people in the ring
i cant argue with that my uncle says the same shit and he started and still runs the salinas boxing club, im not with that hit and not be hit shit.anyone can learn to use there feet just some can hit from auqward angles.but ya he was good at what he did.he just needed to make those 2 rematches to sew it all up but he never did allbad.

Aug 31, 2003
www.ebay.com
So what you're saying is you consider Bernard Hopkins, James Toney, Mike McCallum, Clinton Woods and to a lesser extent guys like Vinny Paz and Glen Kelly "garbage men store clerks?"

Even still Pavlik would blast Jones into next week. Don't be fooled with Jones performance against a Tito that hasn't fought in years, was well over the weight where he made his career and couldn't even make that weight without having problems.

Jul 24, 2005
we might see it cause b-hop is in the driver seat to call shot on who he want to fight and where the shoe is on the other foot now and roy looking to get back in the spot light