"In God We Trust" and "under god"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Hatch

Sicc OG
Mar 12, 2004
2-0-Sixx said:
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..." -- The First Amendment
what specific religion are we supposedly endorsing?????

Apr 1, 2004
The Constitution clearly states that the GOVERNMENT is to remain completey neutral on matters of religion, or in other words, not to be invovled in matters of religion at all one way or the other, its not the job of our government to get involved in religion at all, that's a mater for the churches ad other private organizaons to be involved in on their own time and own money.

Clearly not having "god" on money or in pledges, etc is not anything at all against the free excersize of religion as this country has had free excersize of religion from the first days and during that time, up until the 1950s there was none of the God business in the mottos, pledges, oaths, etc.

IN orer for you argument you make any sense you would have to prove that prior to the 1950s this country DIDN'T have religious liberty. Something that is obviously wrong.

There is only one religion on earth that referes to its god as "God" and that is Christianity. For Islam is it Allah, for Judaism is it G*d, Yewehe (sp?) whatever, for pagans they have a variety of gods to choose from, all with names, for Hindus, they have gods with names, Shiva, etc, for atheists there is no god at all.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
mclean your hairsplitting on this issue is clintonesque. this issue is one of the main reasons i would never be a republican. you should be ashamed of yourself.

Dec 2, 2002
therealtechn9ne.com
i agree with asscrack i think
what religion is it anyways n why you care so much
i still wouldnt mind puttin "mind your business" or "dont tread on me" or " kiss my ass" or "eat shit" or "suck a dick" or "smoke a joint" on a bill cause that would be pimp shit right there

Dec 25, 2003
I pledge allegiance to the Bush and the United Snakes of America. And to the monopoly for which it stands, one nation, under the leadership of a mental midget, unapproachable, with bullshit and lies for all.

shep

Sicc OG
Oct 2, 2002
anaxagoragus said:
The Constitution clearly states that the GOVERNMENT is to remain completey neutral on matters of religion, or in other words, not to be invovled in matters of religion at all one way or the other, its not the job of our government to get involved in religion at all, that's a mater for the churches ad other private organizaons to be involved in on their own time and own money.

Clearly not having "god" on money or in pledges, etc is not anything at all against the free excersize of religion as this country has had free excersize of religion from the first days and during that time, up until the 1950s there was none of the God business in the mottos, pledges, oaths, etc.

IN orer for you argument you make any sense you would have to prove that prior to the 1950s this country DIDN'T have religious liberty. Something that is obviously wrong.

There is only one religion on earth that referes to its god as "God" and that is Christianity. For Islam is it Allah, for Judaism is it G*d, Yewehe (sp?) whatever, for pagans they have a variety of gods to choose from, all with names, for Hindus, they have gods with names, Shiva, etc, for atheists there is no god at all.
for buddhists, in some sects they use hindu gods, but most don't have gods at all...

so you take all the jewish, muslim, buddhist, hindu people in the US, and that's a large chunk who don't believe in the christian God. (by the way, buddhism is the fastest growing religion in the US)

shep

Sicc OG
Oct 2, 2002
Hatch said:
so hows the liberal talkers doing???? i hear stuart smalley has his own show now.

really good actually.... nice to hear the truth for once....

Air America Radio- Drug Free Radio. The radio station Rush Limbaugh would listen to..... if he didn't lose his hearing because of his drug addiction.

Aug 20, 2003
GIVE IT A REST MAN

THEIR'S TOO MUCH CONFUSION IN YOUR BRAIN MAN.
20SIXX IF YOU DONT WANT YOUR MONEY CAUSE IN GOD WE TRUST IS ON IT YOU CAN SLIDE IT 2 ME.DAM YOU GOT TOO MUCH TIME ON YOUR HANDS.DO SOMETHING CREATIVE GO MARCH IN A WAR PROTEST,WRITE YOUR CONGRESSMAN DAM.YOUR VIEWS ARE GETTING TIRED AND OLD.

JUST MY 2 CENTS

GOD MUST OF DID YOU WRONG OR SOMTHING GET OVER IT.

Hatch

Sicc OG
Mar 12, 2004
shep said:
so you take all the jewish, muslim, buddhist, hindu people in the US, and that's a large chunk who don't believe in the christian God.
i thought the Christian, Jewish and Muslim "God" is the same?????

Hatch

Sicc OG
Mar 12, 2004
shep said:
really good actually.... nice to hear the truth for once....

Air America Radio- Drug Free Radio. The radio station Rush Limbaugh would listen to..... if he didn't lose his hearing because of his drug addiction.
as opposed to the one that is anchored by stuart smalley (aka Al Franken) the recovering cocaine and alcohol junkie

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
All it is is paper backed by THIN AIR.......

Does "GOD" give a damn about "GOD" being in the pledge or "GOD" being printed on money? Why should he when people are killing each other over weapons of mass destruction that have yet to be found? Why should he care when people are spending money on trillion dollar space programs while kid's starve in BABYLON (AMERICA)?

To be honest I don't feel "GOD" wants to be associated with this country. Why would he???????

I have more important matters at hand......."In god we trust" is not one of them.......

:hgk: