hyphy muzik_vs_oldschool mob shit

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

TROLL

Sicc OG
Aug 8, 2003
this thread is here to help keep other threads from going off topic, seems like this issue isn't going to go away anytime soon so, here it is!!! let it off ya chest...

i personally prefer the old school mob shit but i dont mind a few club songs that hyphy makes, but when an artist rides the bandwagon and makes it his focus point he's lost his originality and becomes a regular face in the crowd of the same ol gimmick.

TROLL

Sicc OG
Aug 8, 2003
Shark4romda408 said:
here we go agaiN....imma $tay out of thi$ 1 tho cuz all the hyphy dick rider$ get pu$$y hurt ea$y....

.KAO$ De W$MG Record$::
spider sumed it up, thats the point of this thread... its like when firefighters start a fire infront of an inferno to help slow it down... dont trip on what the responses are gonna be, as long as they're in this thread and not spread out throughout the forum.

Nov 30, 2006
I like them both but you know it's the old school mob shit on mine. The Hyfee thing is good for the radio because before it came along remember all they play'd is weak ass JAY-Z and PUFF DADDY!!!! I hated that, now at least we got some local shit on the radio.

Difference between the Old School Mob Shit and Hyfee:

You will dig through your collection 5-10 years from now for that 94 - 98 mob shit looking for a song you remember. Hyfee is just some fad you won't remember any of the songs because they're all the same.

Nov 16, 2006
i agree wit ree....mob shit is the shit....most of the hyphy stuff sounds the same but at least bay area legends are finally gettin airplay on a national level....but all the mob shit is what most of us in nor-cal will remember in many years to come....

Apr 7, 2005
www.myspace.com
I like both, but I grew up on that mobb shit. I dig the energy of the hyphy movement, but some of the songs and artists sound too much like each other.

I support whatever my peoples are doing regardless though.

Feb 23, 2004
if it sounds repetitive and that shit, that is what gets the air play....sadly enough thats why i dont listen to the radio cuz you hear all that lil jon and that type of commercial music and its same thing over and over and over again from all the different artists and their songs... like let your Shoulder Lean, i mean come on thats the whole song and thats the shit you hear on the radio and in the club....blah blah fuck that shit, sorry i am just in class right now rambling on bored

May 31, 2006
Azazin said:
most people must accept dat many older folkz love dat mob shit more than this hyphy trash
very true most the time, even though im pretty young and im a mob addict.. would you rather listen to Nump "I Got Grapes" over Spice 1 "Welcome To The Ghetto?" me? hell no, i know i'd choose Spice 1 any day. There's just no replay value in hyphy music either, you think a rapper "raps from the heart" on a hyphy track? hell no wtf, mob shiiiiit