HAVING COMPUTER ISSUES...VIRUSES,SPYWARE, ETC...INFO HERE

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 20, 2007
I'm running wireless internet, and just recently, i've started getting this message in my taskbar.

"There is an IP Address Conflict with another system on the network"

Any clue to what it means?
My internet is still working, but this thing keeps popping up.

Jul 21, 2005
snypamuzicc.blogspot.com
mrtonguetwista said:
I guess I would have to do a system restore on that huh?
yea but system restore files are protected. You have to disable system restore in order to flush out those files, then run clean then you can restore it after it been deleted and its clean.

@ thuglifesoldier all that mean is another computer on your network is using the same IP. just go into your network connection find which computer and change its IP to a different 1.

Jan 30, 2006
my sound doesnt work when i try to play a video, like on youtube or something..it plays for like 2 seconds and then it stops and wont play again..but its not my speakers because my music plays good on my media player..is it something wrong with my soundcard or something>??

May 1, 2003
IP conflict means there are two computers with the same local IP on the same network. So if you're mooching someone else's interntet connection...that means that they see the same error and know someone is there. If its your own...that means someone else is leeching off of you. Check your router log to get info about the other IP. what wireless router do you have?

May 1, 2003
What

aboutmydolla$ said:
my sound doesnt work when i try to play a video, like on youtube or something..it plays for like 2 seconds and then it stops and wont play again..but its not my speakers because my music plays good on my media player..is it something wrong with my soundcard or something>??
what type of connection do you have? sounds like it's only buffering a small amount of video. Just give it time and it will download enough for you to play it.

Jan 30, 2006
^^..i have broadband...even if i do let it load till its done..it'll still play for 2 seconds and the sound will go out and the video will stop also...and i updated all my flashs players and shit like that..

Feb 28, 2006
Sup guys any help is appreciated. So i have an old computer, but it has this windows genuine advantage shit. So i was wondering how to get rid of it? And its Windows XP Professional.

Mar 20, 2007
captainc said:
Sup guys any help is appreciated. So i have an old computer, but it has this windows genuine advantage shit. So i was wondering how to get rid of it? And its Windows XP Professional.
Do you have a bootleg version of Windows?
Genuine Advantage isn't necessarily a bad thing unless you've got bootleg software.

Feb 28, 2006
thuglifesoldier said:
Do you have a bootleg version of Windows?
Genuine Advantage isn't necessarily a bad thing unless you've got bootleg software.
well lets see its like 4 years old. um my uncle had put in windows xp pro. and i dont have the cd. and i doubt its a bootleg.

May 12, 2004
Doberman said:
IP conflict means there are two computers with the same local IP on the same network. So if you're mooching someone else's interntet connection...that means that they see the same error and know someone is there. If its your own...that means someone else is leeching off of you. Check your router log to get info about the other IP. what wireless router do you have?

how can you tell if people are leeching of your connection??..What are the steps to find out..Thanks

May 1, 2003
BTW! I'm available for questions. Only thing I ask is that everyone search the internets first(Google is your friend). For a while a lot of the questions were very basic computer shit. If you're really stuck with something, hit me up here or PM and I'll help you as best I can or provide a link to a place that can.

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
I think my motherboard is acting up. I can be on and all of a sudden the monitor goes blank and it "goes to sleep" and the light on the tower stays on.. Everything is intergrated. Imma call HP tomorrow since I have a 1yr warranty and I bought it Sept. '06

Somehow lightning fried the ethernet section of the motherboard last month so I had to remove the dial up card and add a ethernet card in the slot.