Give Me a Little Info On Certified from Spokane - Who Are These Guys????

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
They've gradually gotten better and better in my book and me being from Seattle, were way off my radar. Who are these dudes, when did they first start making noise in the game, what part of Spokane are they from, what do they have planned for the immediate future, why don't they get more love west of the mountains, etc etc etc.

I've been driving 14 hours a day for the past few days and been bumping "The Outfit" in the car each day.

Apr 14, 2003
They've gradually gotten better and better in my book and me being from Seattle, were way off my radar. Who are these dudes, when did they first start making noise in the game, what part of Spokane are they from, what do they have planned for the immediate future, why don't they get more love west of the mountains, etc etc etc.

I've been driving 14 hours a day for the past few days and been bumping "The Outfit" in the car each day.

Man, the first time I heard certified was like 6-7 years ago...and I was like this is the shit....They are from (I believe) the east side of Spokane...They had shit on wax but the first shit ive seen from them that was pressed was Certificial Business...the double-disc, lotta tight features, e-40, shaolin, mr. DOG, Ballin Ass Dame, Rass Kass, etc.....musta been like '02 or so
Then a few years later (and them makin much noise in the town, shows n shit) I saw the Wash House and The Outfit droppin....Now they got that Grease and The Underworld shit comin out.....its just crazy....

but i dont know if you heard that line...

"If Certified was so tight then how come they aint blow?/
Cuz I dont do a show if the whole Spokane can't go/"

I dont know bout what they got planned for the future, besides banging out hot shit.....They been recording at the same place I do my shit.

Just goes to show that some cats from Spokane can do it too wit the rest of the NW, cause I know there's some people who doubt...
but yeah they are in my top 3 in the NW for sure

Apr 25, 2002
Just goes to show that some cats from Spokane can do it too wit the rest of the NW, cause I know there's some people who doubt...
Absolutely, I used to be one of them.

I'm just a little surprised it came from a couple of black dudes b/c it's almost exclusively white and latino over there. I think that's part of why our side of the mountains might sleep on you guys a little bit.

The Underworld Hustlers I also want to learn more about, they too are great.

Jan 30, 2005
www.myspace.com
last i heard from Mo was that they're 15-16 songs into the new album 'the underworld'. the latest release out is 'grease' mixtcd.

certified is probably my favorite group from the NW. the album 'outfit' is one of my favorite cds, not just on some local shit.

it suprises me with a lot of siccness members, there's a lot of shit goin down out here thats not being posted on sicness. and just becuz a rapper doesnt advertise their shit on here that dont mean they aint gettin exposure on the streets.

here's a 1st draft of a bio sheet i just did for them & the covers i've done for them:

Jazzo

Master of Debauchery
Aug 18, 2003
Off the Grid
That video was tight! I'm gonna have to pick up some of their music. Just shows there's a bundle of good music out there, but no promotion for it. If I would have heard these cats when they first came out, I would have been buying their albums the last several years. Thanks for lacing us up and posting that vid.

Apr 25, 2002
That video was tight! I'm gonna have to pick up some of their music. Just shows there's a bundle of good music out there, but no promotion for it. If I would have heard these cats when they first came out, I would have been buying their albums the last several years. Thanks for lacing us up and posting that vid.

Yeah that video actually happens to be one of my favorite songs by them, I was thrilled when I went to the YouTube space and saw that was the song they picked.

Oct 21, 2002
church is actually on the old pork cd its prety much him and shaolins cd and he has some other unreleased shit his solo cd smoked out wich is still to this day fire they have 4 actuall cds out to this date you can get if you look hard enough and the undrworld coming out very soon

and your view of this city would and will change if you come out and mingle for a bit trust me

Apr 25, 2002
church is actually on the old pork cd its prety much him and shaolins cd and he has some other unreleased shit his solo cd smoked out wich is still to this day fire they have 4 actuall cds out to this date you can get if you look hard enough and the undrworld coming out very soon

and your view of this city would and will change if you come out and mingle for a bit trust me
Interesting I'll look into getting some of those folks.

Several of my views of Spokane I don't feel was false at all, it checks out when you do a little research. Where I think I went wrong was the connection between that and rap music. I guess it only takes 2 or 3 real talented dudes to rep an entire city, and Certified is doing that without a doubt.

PS Zip's Burgers is the shit.