Freedom Town: Aesthetic and Recreational Lawn Alternative

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 18, 2008
Rip City
I was at my gf's apartment yesterday when her mom came by to drop her sister off.

I was cleaning up her kitchen and helping her out with things when they came in, and when her mom entered the kitchen I had the broom against the fridge. She stood there and said "I came in here to get a Diet Dr. Pepper." and waited for me to move the broom so she could get her soda. She then asked why I was cleaning the kitchen and told me "You shouldn't come over to help her clean up her apartment." I responded "Well, I like to help her in every way I can when I'm around." and smiled.

Then she walked in the living room and started chewing out my gf because she thought I had stayed there over night. I did, and her parents pay for that apt, but she told her mom I had stopped by for the day. Either way, it doesn't really matter if I were there overnight or just for the day because she treated me like a punk and always has.

Since we've been dating almost a year, there's been a handful of times where she hasn't been a fucking asshole to me. She treats me like I'm out to ruin her daughter's career and schooling, when I'm doing the opposite. My girl won't even use her cell phone around her mom because her fam doesn't do cells and get mad every time she uses the phone to talk to me.

I'll keep up appearances just to make sure my girl is happy, but any more of this bullshit and I'm having it out with the broad.
You're unemployed correct? Is that why she thinks you're ruining her career/schooling? Like you're mooching off her?

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Well, I'm unemployed now for about a month and a half, but for the fist 8 months of our relationship, I've had work and money in my pocket.

That may be causing her moms frustration right now, but I wouldn't say that's been the case the whole time.

I've shelled out thousands of dollars to take care of her, and she has reciprocated, so that may be the long-time reason for her moms anger toward me.

I love the girl, and her mom may hate that, too.

I can't call it until her mom explodes and lets out why she acts the way she does.

Ne Obliviscaris

RIP Cut-Throat and SoCo
Dec 30, 2004
I was at my gf's apartment yesterday when her mom came by to drop her sister off.

I was cleaning up her kitchen and helping her out with things when they came in, and when her mom entered the kitchen I had the broom against the fridge. She stood there and said "I came in here to get a Diet Dr. Pepper." and waited for me to move the broom so she could get her soda. She then asked why I was cleaning the kitchen and told me "You shouldn't come over to help her clean up her apartment." I responded "Well, I like to help her in every way I can when I'm around." and smiled.

Then she walked in the living room and started chewing out my gf because she thought I had stayed there over night. I did, and her parents pay for that apt, but she told her mom I had stopped by for the day. Either way, it doesn't really matter if I were there overnight or just for the day because she treated me like a punk and always has.

Since we've been dating almost a year, there's been a handful of times where she hasn't been a fucking asshole to me. She treats me like I'm out to ruin her daughter's career and schooling, when I'm doing the opposite. My girl won't even use her cell phone around her mom because her fam doesn't do cells and get mad every time she uses the phone to talk to me.

I'll keep up appearances just to make sure my girl is happy, but any more of this bullshit and I'm having it out with the broad.
Stop dating Amish broads.

But on the real, I feel your pain, breh. I just ended a 7 year realationship with a girl who was Indian. Her parents never accepted me, and she never even told them we were dating I was always just a friend. A few months ago when she was in town for her sisters baby shower (it was a long distance thing for the past few years too, which didn't help..) anyway so her parents tell her at the baby shower "you are going to be back here in two months for the birth, and we need you to be engaged by then because we are sick of worrying about you. No blacks, whites or yellows" Needless to say that put a little strain on things.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Ugh shit dude, that's way worse than I got it. I'm sorry to hear you suffered at the hands of cultural tradition and racism.

Her mom is big into debating, and I often rub people the wrong way when they want to argue with me. I've made it a point not to argue over bullshit and not fight because someone else is willing, and she's had a few times where she'd want to argue and I directed the topic back to how great her daughter is instead of my opinion about Guillermo del Toro's artistic vision(no shit, she really wanted to argue with me because I liked Pan's Labyrinth).

Her mom supports her, but not enough to be committed to anything she does, so I try not to be surprised that her mom hates me. Those kind of non-committal attitudes toward the things that interest her can be turned into disdain and anger when directed into an actual person. What her mom fails to see is how much I keep her moving forward, even when I want to be selfish as fuck.

The good thing is her dad really likes me and he's exceptionally intelligent(just earned his doctorate in history), and her grandmother thinks I'm a great man, so if mom doesn't want to join in, she's just going to be bitter for a long time.

I do hate being put in a tight spot like that, but I can survive and won't let anybody get my back against the wall.

"Never let them see you sweat."