AT&T to Buy T-Mobile USA for $39 Billion

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 14, 2009
Fillmoe
they bout to lock the board. sounds like monopoly. sprint will sell they shit fast if they get paid big. however i never been on a contract plan/ so im not gon give a fuck.......wait lol i have tmobile prepaid.hahahaha

Jun 5, 2004
im metro...and i moved my ass away from 2 year contracts...my credit is good but i dont need a service contract..when metro does everything for 1 price...and they 4G now....

my metro has 4 bars in the house whereas my ladies ATT service is 2 in the same location...she pays 80 a month for standard shit...i pay 50 a month and i have unlimited data/wifi/navigation/unlimited text (pic, message) and unlimited calling..none of that bullshit where its free after a certain hour...so i dont have to watch minutes or even care about roll over minutes

the only downside to metro is you pay more for the phone up front...and the phone selections in the past have been poor compared to the bigger companies...but metro is a good up and comer now...with 4G plans and droids....

i have no need for an iphone so att/verizon can suck it
I HAVE AT&T BUT I FORGOT TO SAY I'M ON A FAMILY PLAN SO THAT MAKES MY SHIT ALOT CHEAPER... I WOULDNT BE PAYIN NO $80 BUCKS FOR STANDARD SHIT.

WHEN I MOVED OUT I WANTED MY OWN SHIT SO I WAS GONNA GET GHETRO OR BM... BUT MY MOM JUS SAID FUCK IT I COULD STAY ON HER PLAN. I SHOOT HER LIKE $60 A MONTH BUT I THINK ITS ACTUALLY CHEAPER THAN THAT CUZ SHE GETS A DISCOUNT THRU HER WORK SOMEHOW

I DONT THINK U HAVE TO BE A REAL "FAMILY" TO BE ON A FAMILY PLAN, I THINK ITS JUST 4 PEOPLE ON THE SAME SHIT. SO IF U CAN FIND 3 RELIABLE PEOPLE THEN U CAN SAVE HELLA MONEY, I THINK OTHER COMPANIES DO THAT TOO

Aug 23, 2002
so what will happen to T-mobile towers,and what are to happen to the other companies who uses T-mobile towers?
The phones will still make calls since they have the same gsm call functionality, but they will be switching the internet connection over to theirs so if you have a 3g phone it will no longer work on 3g only old ass edge. Wack.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
if anything i think i will upgrade right now to another two year deal and cop a new phone even though i got like 7 months left on this contract and demand them to buy out my contract..

will it work? iono but im dumb enough to find out

Aug 23, 2002
Its really up to you guys. you will get a new phone that works for a while on 3g, and when they switch the internet over at&t said they will give you a "comparable" phone. So if you trust that they will give you a good one I would do it, but if not then don't. The good thing is legally they have to honor the terms of your t mobile contact which means unlimited internet and t mobile pricing until the contract is up. I would stay away from them afterwards because they are expensive.

Yes t mobile did piggy back off att towers but they used their own also. No matter what the phones will still make calls its only the internet thats affected.

I doubt they will buy out the contract.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
so we just gon act like this aint going to affect my life?

is this still going to go down? any word?

fuck google, i'm guzzlin right now

nomarty

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
he Department of Justice has extended its review of the AT&T proposal for its $39 billion dollar acquisition of T-Mobile due to requests for new information. This move could allow the Justice Department to extend it’s review of the proposed deal indefinitely.

Along with the request for more information, two unnamed sources said that antitrust authorities have sent “civil investigative demands” to competitors of the two carriers. These demands, which are best compared to a subpoena, inquire as to how the transaction would affect their business.

“This confirms that the government is going to do a deep dive into the transaction to understand what the implications are,” said Rebecca Arbogast, a Washington-based analyst with Stifel Nicolaus & Co.

While it is standard procedure under US antitrust law for regulators to issue second requests for more information, analysts alike agree that this deal poses a unique antitrust risk and regulators are carefully considering possible impacts of the deal passing.

T-Mobile and AT&T spokesman declined Bloomberg’s request for comment.

______

gatdammit brehs..

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
when my ATT contract is up I'm dont with their overpriced asses I dont even have internet and shit on my phone and pay almost 60 bucks a month. I'd rather pay big bread for a cricket or some shit for a lower bill. I'm def not dropping 100 a month for the interwebs on my phone, thats some bullshit

ESFCE

Sicc OG
Dec 4, 2004
I don't think the deal should go through. This would make AT&T the sole GSM carrier in the US. it's good to have options. If anything Sprint and TMo should have merged like it was rumored

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
It's bad for the consumers when two major carriers join. I feel bad for the t-mobile users because they have pretty good plans (albeit less coverage) and will eventually have to submit to the higher prices to the likes of ATT and Verizon unless there is some game changer and the costs of voice drops.

It is a smart move for ATT though, the network is falling behind and this would be a very nice boost.