Android phone discussion

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 26, 2003
I have att... Been on a blackberry for last 2 years. Debating on getting an iphone or an android device. For an android device wat do yall recommend the Htc vivid or samsung galaxy s2 skyrocket?

Mar 18, 2003
Was wondering the same thing. I've had my Blackberry for a while now and I want to get a Droid phone. Leaning towards the Galaxy S2 but want to know if there are any clear-cut better options out there.

Nov 18, 2010
Galaxy nexus is the way to go

Battery shits on S II battery. Plus it can be OC'd to about 1.5ghz im pretty sure, my bro has S2 and without a custom rom the GUI is ugly as hell. But any upgrade from BB will be better. BB new line of phones which keep getting pushed back are supposed to use BBX whoch is just like tge playbook so if BB dont tank first they might get back into the equation of best smartphones. They rejected mergers from Amazon, Microsoft and I cant remember the third company. If Ms bought BB out they would destroy all the competition especially if they incorporated a linux/microsoft build but i REALLY doubt they'd work with the linux OS.

Sep 12, 2005
I got the galaxy s2 (with sprint) and I'm really liking it. I was using a palm pre before this though, so I'm sure everything is better than that. I haven't done anything cool to it, and I'm new to android, is there anything I should be doing to improve usage? Any good apps or tips?

Mar 18, 2003
I have another question that deals with digitizers (screens). Are the ones they sell on eBay sufficient when fixing iPhone/HTC/Galaxy/etc. phones or is there a higher grade digitizer that I should be looking at? Around where I live people are paying $140 to other people (not shops) to have theire digitizers replaced. I see them range from $30-70 on ebay so I know everyone is gettin' jacked. I'm lookin to start doing them at a much cheaper price but I don't want to buy some cheap shit and the phone not work the way it did before. Any feedback would be appreciated/propped! Thanks!

Nov 18, 2010
Jan 14, 2008
^^^ prob not at all playboi. somethin about the phone not bein powerful enough to run ics and touchwiz or some shit. they pulled it after announcing the push and then put it on hold indefinately. same for current tablets too. better off runnin a rom instead of waitin for the official release. as of right now i think i read somewhere only devices that are gettin ics in the 1st quarter of 2012 is the galaxy sII. htc rezound. htc vivid. and maybe the moto razr. they prob gonna release it to more devices but the touchwiz and sense shit is whats really holdin everything up.

Nov 7, 2006
hey guys theres way too many pages to read through so i want to ask a couple things for someone willing to help me.

i have the GalaxyS for sprint (the original) and wanted some tips on what to get to make my phone the best it can be. i already got the sports shit down pat but maybe some other recommended apps to make my shit nicey nice. and help is appreciated.

Jun 23, 2008
Gold Coast, Australia
anyone know when the ICS OTA update is gonna hit Sprint for the Nexus S 4G?? i'm getting sick of fuckin waiting, thinking about finally rooting my shit and slapping a ROM on it.
actually i would say pretty soon. the nexus s should be getting updates before any other phone but i think the only think holding it up now would be sprint.