300,000 Iraqis protest American invasion

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
wind.prohosting.com
"And these people were found guilty by american law? american law which prohibits them from protecting themselves?"

Yeah, its in the Rules of engadgement. Anyone who directly poses a threat to US forces, colitlian forces, Iraq army/police, civilians or POW's under your control. It is lawful for you to kill them, as long as you can positivly identify the direct (not imminent) threat and kill him while minimiing collatiral dammage.

"I can respect the fact you may not want to talk about it but the fact is you're doing more harm than good."

In my heart i dont belive so. I think history will judge us and show this regime change and liberation of people in a positive light.

"Have you asked why these things occur? Liberation or billion dollar contracts? Freedom or slave to the dollar?"

I know we arnt doing this out of the goodness of our hearts. (when i say "we" i mean the US Government.) However i am making the most out of this deployment and helping the locals of this country the most i can. Mabye our incentives for coming in the country were wrong. However i belive the troops (as a majority) are helping the people of this country in the long run. Taking out saddam and being here long enough to settle down a civil war. War is never a good thing.

"In war time, I imagaine you are trained that way. Your programmed to due your duty and risk your life. You don't give a fuck but it's not a favorite topic of yours."

Right, this is my job. No one held a gun to my head when i enlisted. When i signed my contract i signed a life insurance policy with the us government without a "war clause" Also when i deploied i had to make sure my will was in order and had to decide who i wanted my body deliverd to and who my money would go to. This shit is real, i also knew i would be seeing and doing shit i was prepared to handle but wouldnt be my fav thing to do. (like take lives)

"I didn't bring it up to glorify it:

"Like did you kill someone? OOOOOOOOH thats like so cool man did you nail em with an m-16 or mow em down with a .50 cal?""

I understand u did not, soprry if it semed like it was directed at you. I know you are a more mature calbur of person. Im a college student and when i went on l;eave i was satying with some buddies and people ask shit like that. Also u know how people are on this board like, "oh shit cuhh that shit is hard nigga, u should send one of em back so brotha lynch could bbq him" this is called gathering of minds. However idiots still manage to wander in.

"Do your superiors tell you to not talk about it?"

No not at all. I mean its evryones own comfert level. My brother doesnt talk about it (hes in the USMC force recon and pushed up in the invasion) i dont know its just something i choose to talk about with my friends here who have experianced it with me. and my brother who has been throgh it be4.

"Every person you have killed was innocent. It's something you must live with."

I dont belive that. However you are entitled to your oppinion on this war.