Yukmouth Speaks With Prezident Bejda On The Succness Of Mac Dre

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

CoopDVill

Super Moderator
May 4, 2003
www.facebook.com
at the end of the day the nigga yuk is right tho. cuz niggas in san diego got up on the 'thizzle dance' through UGA 1. i damn near didnt even know who hus or jack or clyde was back then. like hus's freestyle segment, i didnt even remember that shit was in the movie until i saw it years later and was like "oh shit thats hus!" were southern cali cats.yall mighta been up on dre and shit but niggas out here wasnt. i had bitches i was fucking with in vallejo and knew dre existed like 'california living' and shit like that, i saw the young black brotha cd back in 1997 at amoeba but he was a obscure rapper at the time like andre nickatina, like only the bay slightly fucked with him.

after UGA that shit went in everyones homes and they became aware. so when treal tv 1 came out mac dre was pretty much a DVD star by that time.

i just remember niggas heard the thizzle dance on UGA and went and downloaded that song online and did the dance all drunk at the pad that night. i also rmember how shit went and even tho niggas shittin on yuk for sayin that, hes speakin some truth. sorry.

i wasnt even checking for dre until treal tv 1 dropped. thats being real. im from san diego and we got our own rap community to worry about. i knew he existed but 'he wasnt on that level' yet. in vallejo he was, bitches loved dre, but not out in southern cali. UGA really made niggas start noticing him im dead on w yuk on that

i know up in the bay its a waaaay different story. but outside of the bay, we aint know every single mutha fuckin artist out up here like that. niggas damn near didnt even know sacramento wasnt in the bay back then, you just thought c-bo and lynch was some bay shit back then if you lived in SD.

and thats bruh talkin to dude from murder dog. and murder dog was up on EVERYTHING, shit murder dog is where i learned about music not from my city!
Even tho i been up on dre since the 1st tape im gonna have to agree with Gas cause when i moved to SD alot of kats was not hip to the Northern Cali scene its ppl i run into today just finding out about the mob figaz confuses the hell out of me especially if you listen to cbo in the 90's but yeah after the UGA DVD dropped and the thizz dvd alot of kats became familiar in SD just speaking from my experience....I even shot a little footage that made it on one of those UGA dvd but didnt get credit for lol...

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
of course some people were up on dre. i mean im not saying NO ONE KNEW HIM. shit california livin was a hit. i almost bought young black brotha because of the cover. im saying the vast majority got up on him during UGA 1. and after that thizzelle dance shit, mac dre started goin heavy on the characters. and the 'white boy drug use' which made people like him more...molly shrooms shit like that...it gave him a allure of being a standout... i remember the shit like it was yesterday when thizzle dance started poppin and niggas guessed the name of the song based on UGA's shit, we was usin napster back then. i remember the whole thing. some of yall niggas was up on dre in SD, (for instance the homies bro went to jail and he had hella romper room shit and my boy got on dre that way) like i knew who dre was but i didnt listen to his shit really. it was more mac mall 40 or b legit if anything outta vallejo at the point. we cant be up on everyone 600 miles away fbefore the internet was fully poppin u know. it was only certain niggas.

so yuks on point with what hes saying. i mean it did catapult him into a DVD type cat that put his music on a whole different level and birthed that thizz hype. id say mac dre did it on his own, but did yuk help that career? for sure. UGA did that for alot of people honestly. UGA sold well and was in wherehouse, sam goody and all those spots so everyone got to see that.

only reason i knew about mac dre was because i knew some chicks in vallejo but i wasnt even hella slappin his music like that. it wasnt till around treal tv when he started droppin back to back albums that i started payin attention, and then when he died shit just went to tupac levels. but i think people completely forget that UGA did kick off alot of shit. and that was literally like treal tv 0.5.

wasnt responding to anyone just adding on to my post so peopel see what im sayin. shout out to those were were up on him before. i aint afraid to admit i wasnt checkin for mac dre back then, i was prolly listening to some south east shit niggas in the bay aint up on..eastrippin and shit like that

at the end of the day dre built his own empire, i wouldnt take that away from him but yuk DID help catapult that if someone cant admit that i think they dont remember that specific time frame or they lived in the bay and saw it different.

shit, i did promo for treal TV when i was in SD. so....i know a small bit of the publics perception

Sep 25, 2008
That's BS, them UGA DVD's ain't put Dre back on the map. Dre did it himself, them Treal TV DVDs was way harder than the UGA DVDs (even though the Treal TVs were post UGA). Real talk, when I first seen them UGA DVDs and the features I was like damn Yuk fuckin' with some industry names. Then seeing some of the features on there, I realized he just ran into some of them and had them give a shot out to UGA (not even choppin' it up with them, just incidentally ran into them). I've always thought that was some hoe shit in that aspect of using some names as features for sales.

Sep 25, 2008
Even tho i been up on dre since the 1st tape im gonna have to agree with Gas cause when i moved to SD alot of kats was not hip to the Northern Cali scene its ppl i run into today just finding out about the mob figaz confuses the hell out of me especially if you listen to cbo in the 90's but yeah after the UGA DVD dropped and the thizz dvd alot of kats became familiar in SD just speaking from my experience....I even shot a little footage that made it on one of those UGA dvd but didnt get credit for lol...

I was livin' in Dago back in 99-02 and there were some peeps out there bangin' that Bay Area Mob and Sac Mob shit back then. One of my boys had some Bay Area shit I was surprised he even knew about or actually even gave them a listen. Some of the shit he wasn't feelin' so he just gave me the CDs (Bay Classics).

Of course that wasn't on a level as the Hyphy Era. I was there a few times during the Hyhpy Era and it surprised me to hear Mac Dre - Feelin' Myself and Kafani - Fast Like a Nascar on the radio.

May 4, 2002
what people fail to realize is at the time of his genie of the lamp and mac dregan and whatever albums, alot of people wernt fucking with that shit.

real fans were used to YBB days, then the ROMP albums and didnt want to hear the "thizz" albums. it wasnt until dre died all these dick riders came out of the wood work claiming they were true fans but couldnt name a pre thizz song.

IMO dres thizz albums were subpar to the real talent he had. that all opinion tho

CoopDVill

Super Moderator
May 4, 2003
www.facebook.com
I was livin' in Dago back in 99-02 and there were some peeps out there bangin' that Bay Area Mob and Sac Mob shit back then. One of my boys had some Bay Area shit I was surprised he even knew about or actually even gave them a listen. Some of the shit he wasn't feelin' so he just gave me the CDs (Bay Classics).

Of course that wasn't on a level as the Hyphy Era. I was there a few times during the Hyhpy Era and it surprised me to hear Mac Dre - Feelin' Myself and Kafani - Fast Like a Nascar on the radio.
thats my point some is the key word im not saying no one knew it was a small 2 handfuls Kats was on some local dago gang bang music I moved there in 96 partying in TJ alot of the weekends wasn't nobody thizz dancing or ghost riding whips unless they was really from the bay or had family from the bay and was hip to their get down only thing bay that was really getting played in the clubs out there was I got 5 on it some mac mall and the click they was on that so cal funk and tearing the club up... But like you and gas said it was a few but not as many like right now or after the birth of hyphy.

Aug 17, 2002
this is all so petty. he likes taking credit for stuff but it's ironic cuz the song that's made him all his money wasn't made with an original beat. and the reference to BA, DRE and extra medium pants? lol so years later you're now going to throw little tiny jabs at dude.

yuk has a reputation for being a cool, humble cat when he's not entertaining/rapping but when he gets on camera or in front of a mic he just seems like a petty loud mouth looking for attention.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
i remember when al boo boo dropped and brehs was like mac dre fell off with this ol party music shit.

i was like, que? at the time he wasnt my favorite rapper but it was nice slumpin some shit that wasnt all mask on mask cracked gangster thug life shit.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
If Dre wasn't locked up throughout most of the early 90s, he probably would have came with hits bigger than anything Yuk ever put out since he was on the verge of getting a big deal before he caught the conspiracy case.

Ghost Dance

America's Nightmare
Nov 1, 2007
Oak Park...916
I thought mac dres music got better after the thizz shit...

I fucked with dre music since he first came out but didnt really get into his music until the first cutthroat album dropped

That shit had me hooked and dres charcter really came into play....hes newer music was like a breath of fresh air when it was droppin...it was nothing like everybody else was doing but still had that mobb vibe to it...his music made the party scene so damm fun out here and it was just all around entertaining to hear what he would say next...and he could still drop some g shit and it would slap

Anyway everybody gonna have thier own opinion on the situation but to me dre was at his prime when he passed and yukmouth is just buthurt about somthin...cuz if dre was alive he wouldnt be hollerin none of this shit

Dec 12, 2006
Yea I dunno what yuk was talkin about with the whole thizzelle washington I dont remember all the titles but he had Ronald Dregan, I had a mixtape callled the Thizzard of Oz, and a gang of others I forget right now, Pill Clinton was another, but that seemed to be Mac Dre's thing not something that yuk started at the same time I would never go out and call yuk a joke or whatever maybe somebody frontd on pickin up a pack or something or he ran out of cereal that morning, fact remains Yuk is a beast, maybe he feels he wont get the shine he deserves because so many generic bay area rap heads associate Mac Dre as the pope or some shit