Ya Boy best rapper in the bay right now?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

ya boy best rapper in bay right now?

• hell fucking yeah

Votes: 68 37.2%
  • naw, like him but think someone else is better

Votes: 72 39.3%
  • fuck no

Votes: 43 23.5%

• Total voters
Mar 7, 2004
How are ya'll sayin yuk is the best rapper in the bay? I don't get it! When is the last time yuk released a solid album. If anybody is the best in the bay right now it's messy marv. Look at all the quality tracks he's released in the past 2 years.
Sure ya boy is on messy's back but he still has a long way to go. The thing I'm worried about with ya boy is his flow. It's the same generic hah, I'm gonna kill you, pussy,ho, bitch. Hopefully he can change his lyrics up some more and be more versatile. I feel like when I listen to a ya boy it's the same song just with a different beat. I'm not dissin on his voice because that is solid, it's just sometimes i wish he would break out of the punchline rapper.

Mar 13, 2005
8ball said:
How are ya'll sayin yuk is the best rapper in the bay? I don't get it! When is the last time yuk released a solid album.
This is about talent on the mic not about when the last time someone droppen an album the thread is not called who is the most relevant.

As far as methapors, flow, delivery, multisillables the whole nine you cant deny yuk got that.

I think what you saying is yuk aint dropped an album in damn near 4 years so its hard for him to be the best rapper RIGHT NOW since all you can judge him on is the mixtapes but still talentwise yuk is definetily up there you dont know music if you think otherwise.

8ball said:
The thing I'm worried about with ya boy is his flow. It's the same generic hah, I'm gonna kill you, pussy,ho, bitch. Hopefully he can change his lyrics up some more and be more versatile. I feel like when I listen to a ya boy it's the same song just with a different beat. I'm not dissin on his voice because that is solid, it's just sometimes i wish he would break out of the punchline rapper.
I think the word youre looking for is his lyrical content not flow.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
Even out of young rappers I like guys like J Stalin and Pretty Black More, Ya Boy is cool though i never heard him bust any particularly weak shit aside from K-Fed lol Hes cool to me, I'm still sleeping on most of his music though. I gotta pick alot of his shit up still

Apr 25, 2002
i like dude.. i thought everyone liked him.. but i was askin' one of my reals if he got the new mixtape.. and he's like" ya boy is garbage, every rap is about how he can rap".. ha.. i didn't pick this up yet.. hopefully it's got some deep songs.

Jan 18, 2007
You can's classify any one artist as the best. everyone from the bay brings somethin different to the table. Ya Boy is tight, he's gotta good voice and a real solid flow. i personally am a fan of the mans music but you wont see me runnin around sayin he's the best, or anyone else for that matter.

Mar 4, 2006
I think Ya Boy overdoes the gangsta tough guy talk.
He's nice on the mic though and I hope he improves his content and subject matter.
In terms of the question asked fuck no he's not the best in the Bay.
Do yall remember how bad Boo Banger ate him on his debut album?

Dec 3, 2005
He doin his own thing, seperating himself from the Hyphy shit bringin his own style. Dude can collab with ANYBODY and make any track a banger. Mixtape is official too.

Jan 15, 2006
If you would have said best "lyricist" but then again i wouldnt even consider him best lyricist either cuz he is not fully developed yet at this point he is just a punchline rapper... best rapper to me is the one that makes the best music and thats not always the best lyricist.

Mar 4, 2006
707REPRESENTA said:
YA BOY IS A BEAST. HE'D SHIT ON ANYBODY ON THE MOB FIGAZ.
Are you out of your mind? I don't listen to all the Mobb Figgaz that much. But I do listen to Jacka, Hus, and AP9 alot and they will fucking destroy Ya Boy.