XPLOSIVE MAGAZINE WANTS TO KNOW WHO'S HOT UP IN THE NORTHWEST??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 13, 2005
Yo Explosive Mag -
You gotta check out upset records. Hottest thing by far! Got to their site and check out samples from their artists and check out the hot shows they got coming up. Theres stuff on there from DOE, Ray-Ray, Collsion, Gloc 9, E-40, the late Mac Dre and Yukmouth from the Lunis! Check it out, hit up [email protected] to schedule interviews, or any kind of features you'd wanna do with the label.

Aug 14, 2003
THE ARTISTS THAT COME TO MIND, PORTAND: COOL NUTZ & JUS FAMILY, SYKO- MAC DRE PRESENTS AMERIKAN SYKO

SEATTLE: 151 (C-BO'S WEST COAST MAFIA) & LAC OR RESPECT- GAME MEMBERS
WEST SEATTLE: GANGSTA NUTT- CHECKMATE

Jun 5, 2005
nonstop_ga said:
ALL of us artists maken MAJOR moves from po to seattle need bay exposure...

me (NONSTOP)
syko
nutz
bosko (already is pretty established in the bay)
unknown teritory
street level records...

prolly leavin people out, but those are the people that come to mind when i think of credible people to rep the nw...
ALSO YOU MIGHT WANT TO HOOK UP WITH THE UP AND COMMING CATS FROM THE BAY AREA LIKE FRONTLINE,KONTAC,627 THEIR ALL ABOUT UNITY ON THE WESTERN FRONT.....

May 4, 2005
hot in the NW

Mr Ceza said:
We are working on our next issue, who's hot in Portland, Bend, Salem, Seattle, Tacoma, and all the in between spots? And give me some reasons why, some facts, sales #'s, album history..... :)
whos Hot In BEND?? i didin't even knoe they had rappers down there lmao. Ay but Seattle- Definantly SLR and 151.

Portland - SYKO!!!!!!!!! Enuf said.

----------------------------------------------
ain't too many rappers in between Portland an Eugene.. I knoe in Albany/Corvallis.. there are 2 rappers (Swift & P-Dex) that been making some noise. Not Much, but they have the biggest fan base in that area.

Mr Ceza

Xplosive Magazine
Jul 10, 2002
Who's hot!!

WAR CHIEF said:
ALSO YOU MIGHT WANT TO HOOK UP WITH THE UP AND COMMING CATS FROM THE BAY AREA LIKE FRONTLINE,KONTAC,627 THEIR ALL ABOUT UNITY ON THE WESTERN FRONT.....
Yeah, we got all these cats in the next issue...Richmond stand UP!!!!!!!!! :siccness:

May 12, 2005
WELL AFTER READING THIS I NOW UNDERSTAND WHAT TWIN G MENT BY THIS CATS ON HERE DONT GOT THEY EAR TO STRETS CUZ 85%OF YALL AINT FROM THE STREETS MY POINT IS
FUCK THE RADIO FUCK FLYERS AN CORNY ASS SHOWS ITS ALL ABOUT WORD OF MOUTH FROM THE STREETS TO THE BURBS FROM THE GHETTOS TO THE BRICKS(PEN)IN CASE YOU SQAURES DIDNT..NO
GANSTA NUTT 6 ALBUMS SAVE ME,DOUBLE ODD,CROWN ROYAL,REBIRTH,THE SHAKE DOWN,AN CHECKMATE WIT 151 AN NEW GROUP ALBUM OUT THIS SUMMER
LAC OF RESPECT 151 GROUP/.BETWEEN 4 OF THEM CODE OF STREETS,THE BAR ASSOSATION,TRAP IN THE HATRIX,THA STREETS IS ENOUGH,GAME MEMBERS(THA GROUP LP)THE TRAIN STOPS HERE,IN THA NAME OF GAME VOL 1 AN 2....THATS THE DIFFRENTS BETWEEN NUTT AN THE LAC ,,,SAY WITH ME NOW
CONSISTENT LPS THATS 8 ALBUMS IN 3 YEARS NUTT AN LAC OF RESPECT WITCH IS TWIN GAMER A TRAIN AN MAFIA (SKUNT) ARE ONLY PEOPLE IN SEATTLE DOING THAT AN EVEN IF THEY AINT RAPING THERE NAME STILL RING IN THE STREETS..NOW THATS THE TRUTH!!!!

Oct 19, 2004
Mr Ceza said:
We are working on our next issue, who's hot in Portland, Bend, Salem, Seattle, Tacoma, and all the in between spots? And give me some reasons why, some facts, sales #'s, album history..... :)
TAKE A LOOK AT WHO IS REALLY REPPIN SPOKANE 509 GRIND

Well here is the first of some of my work
im hoping yall dig it for what its worth some
might learn some things too let me know if i
should do more or what would some things yall
want to see coverd in part2 ive had my MP for
almost a year and i think im killing this ****
so far let me know.

AND NO FORAT DIDNT DO MY MP IT JUST SOUNDED
TO GOOD NOT TO SAY.

All work on my MPC2000xl was done by myself
with the help of many good folks on MPC-FOURMS
board good looking out. Very Happy
========================================
THE VIDEO
http://www.turboupload.com/d/3041/P...NG__101.rm.html

MY MPC
http://www.play4keeps.net/509/Lab shots/MPC DONE/

ONE OF MY CUTS
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/wri...save=play4keeps

"SPOKANES BEST PERIOD POINT BLANK"
=509=

http://www.play4keeps.net/

Jul 11, 2005
Fridge said:
I think you should definately consider Neema of Unexpected Arrival.

Here's a brief history...

At the urging of KUBE93, Seattle's largest hip-hop radio station, he recorded a remix to his song "Take Control". The "Take Control (remix)" was a mainstay on KUBE93, making it's way to number one in the Heavy 7 at 7, the radio station's top 7 spun songs of the day. He was ahead of Eminem and Nelly, all mainstream artists. In 2002 he was awarded Best Artist and Best Single from KUBE93.

After his debut and a maxi-single, he dropped his follow up album "If We Try..." in 2003. The title track of the album went on to become the number 1 song on Seattle's X-104.5 for a very lengthy time.

He packed the Showbox, one of the most esteemed venues in Seattle. The numbers he did were unheard of for a local Hip-Hop artist headlining that venue. Also at this time, he released a techno remix to his song "Julie", which played heavily on a local station C89.5, giving him airplay on 3 of Seattle's radio stations.

Later that year, he released "Angel" on the local hip-hop compilation, Reigncraft. This song was in steady rotation on X-104.5 and was a definative fan favorite. Also, during this time, his song "Everything" featuring Twista was leaked in the streets and was voted #1 Song of 2003 by the fans on KUBE93. This song was later remixed as "We Can Ride" for his current album, "My Life for Sale".

"My Life for Sale" (released late April of 2005) features such names as Twista, Kurupt, Wingo of Jagged Edge and Dylan of MTV's Da Band. The feel of this album is much more mature and seasoned sound. The first single "Hat Low" featuring Dylan has been played on both KUBE93 and X-104.5, showing great promise and response so far.

The "My Life for Sale" Record Release Party featured appearances and perfomances by Twista, Wingo of Jagged Edge and Dylan of MTV's Da Band. The show

Now on his fitfh release ("Unexpected Arrival", "Take Control (Remix)", "If We Try...", "UA Mixtape" and currently "My Life for Sale"), Neema has an shall be a huge force in the Northwest.

You should definately check into Unexpected Arrival, he's been doing big things for years here.

i agree with fridge, UA is some of the hottest shit, ive heard come outta seattle, undercaste ent. hopefully blows up, gotta get heard, tru-id is also on the label, been listenin to his stuff latley, suprised no ones said shit about his music, hes got some tight shit, also, anyone have any idea where i can get this UA mixtape?, thanks

Mar 23, 2003
www.soundclick.com
THIS IS WHO'S HOT
(not in a specific order)
ARTIST

151- POWER MOVE ENT -SEATTLE
DOE DACAPO - Not Your Average Ent -SEATTLE
Tha Loco aka Anonimous- Scarred 4 Life ent -FEDERAL WAY
GANGSTER NUTT- SEATTLE
MAC TRIPPIN- Not Your Average SEATTLE
TWIN GAMER SEATTLE
SKUNTDUNNANA- SKUNT MUSIK SEATTLE
Young Kapo- Scarred 4 Life ent -FEDERAL WAY
A-TRAIN-SKUNT MUSIK SEATTLE
Intylekt _ Intylektual productions SEATTLE
FRAMEWORK SEATTLE
Certified -spokane
cool nutz-jus family portland
syko-portland
duna- portland/crestside vallejoe

PRODUCERS
DJ RAKAFELLA- seattle
Muggz- seattle
Intylekt- seattle
Kuddie- seattle
trife- federal way
DSANE- seattle
nonstop- portland
bean one- seattle
bosko- portland
syko- portland

singers
kev b- seattle
kj -federal way/la
platinum- seattle
meechy lavelle seattle
j townsend- wa
todd brown- wa
ike james- wa

Todd G has been making some waves as of late. check it out. BIG THINGS:

This months VIBE Magazine (August) features an article entitled, "Pimpin On Wax" on page 128. The write up spotlights 5 Pimp/rappers:
Ice-T
Suga Free
Iceburg Slim
Pimpin Ken
and Portland's own TODD G.
Be sure and grab a copy as it is the beggining of much more extended coverage on me, and the Pimp/Rap game...

If you don't have TODD G "Bail Money" you can pick it up at cd baby
http://cdbaby.com/cd/toddg05

Mr Ceza

Xplosive Magazine
Jul 10, 2002
Good info, just what I wanted to read. If folks want to send me samples (original copies I hope) of your albums, compilations, singles, whatever. I'm really trying to learn more about the Northwest. My address is: Mr Ceza/XPLOSIVE MAGAZINE
2175 Loveridge Rd.
Pittsburg, CA 94565

May 4, 2002
cez...i need that address again to send u the pictures....i think i left that shit in my car before my wreck...