XPLOSIVE MAGAZINE WANTS TO KNOW WHO'S HOT UP IN THE NORTHWEST??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 13, 2003
www.billythefridge.com
I think you should definately consider Neema of Unexpected Arrival.

Here's a brief history...

At the urging of KUBE93, Seattle's largest hip-hop radio station, he recorded a remix to his song "Take Control". The "Take Control (remix)" was a mainstay on KUBE93, making it's way to number one in the Heavy 7 at 7, the radio station's top 7 spun songs of the day. He was ahead of Eminem and Nelly, all mainstream artists. In 2002 he was awarded Best Artist and Best Single from KUBE93.

After his debut and a maxi-single, he dropped his follow up album "If We Try..." in 2003. The title track of the album went on to become the number 1 song on Seattle's X-104.5 for a very lengthy time.

He packed the Showbox, one of the most esteemed venues in Seattle. The numbers he did were unheard of for a local Hip-Hop artist headlining that venue. Also at this time, he released a techno remix to his song "Julie", which played heavily on a local station C89.5, giving him airplay on 3 of Seattle's radio stations.

Later that year, he released "Angel" on the local hip-hop compilation, Reigncraft. This song was in steady rotation on X-104.5 and was a definative fan favorite. Also, during this time, his song "Everything" featuring Twista was leaked in the streets and was voted #1 Song of 2003 by the fans on KUBE93. This song was later remixed as "We Can Ride" for his current album, "My Life for Sale".

"My Life for Sale" (released late April of 2005) features such names as Twista, Kurupt, Wingo of Jagged Edge and Dylan of MTV's Da Band. The feel of this album is much more mature and seasoned sound. The first single "Hat Low" featuring Dylan has been played on both KUBE93 and X-104.5, showing great promise and response so far.

The "My Life for Sale" Record Release Party featured appearances and perfomances by Twista, Wingo of Jagged Edge and Dylan of MTV's Da Band. The show

Now on his fitfh release ("Unexpected Arrival", "Take Control (Remix)", "If We Try...", "UA Mixtape" and currently "My Life for Sale"), Neema has an shall be a huge force in the Northwest.

You should definately check into Unexpected Arrival, he's been doing big things for years here.

Mr Ceza

Xplosive Magazine
Jul 10, 2002
We are trying for the 3rd week in June. Deadline is May 15. If you can't make it, talk to me. I will go over prices and everything. Cesar (925) 594-0251

Nov 30, 2002
fridge.. you said it for UA.. he definitely deserves some recognition along with... byrdie, bad luk, grynch... and i cant believe y'all forgot SONNY BONOHO! this guy deserves recognition for sure

pz

Mar 13, 2003
www.billythefridge.com
inasense206 said:
fridge.. you said it for UA.. he definitely deserves some recognition along with... byrdie, bad luk, grynch... and i cant believe y'all forgot SONNY BONOHO! this guy deserves recognition for sure

pz
I agree with all of those names, I've just been blessed enough to watch Neema grow from a nobody working in a drycleaner to making all the moves he's made since his debut album.

Sonny Bonoho, no doubt needs recognition.

Bad Luk is a savage, he had a development deal with The Outsider's in New Jersey, then he came back here and ripped it for the WA.

Byrdie, he's put in so much work also... he's been there AND done that.

Grynch, he's up and coming and he WILL be great... let him drop that album and more people will see that.

But really, these guys aren't the only names being overlooked. There's so much talent in this area right now, but too many people are out for themselves... I think I'm going to devise a plan for everybody to work together. Maybe I'll use Reigncraft as a basis for this movement. It's time for a plan of action in this city.

BAMMER

Siccness Gray Hair
Apr 25, 2002
Auburn Wa
www.dawgman.com
Just do an SLR interview and you got the city of Seattle.Besides that,Gangsta Nutt is the only one with a track record of putting out more than 1 album every 20 years.151,and Red Head Steve got heat also.I would start with the kats who are legit,and have put in work in the rap world,no disrespect to the talented new artists.