Wut happened to GANGSTA RAP????

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

MB3

Sicc OG
Aug 26, 2002
I think nowadays they consider every rapper who curse in his raps as a gangsta rapper but that's just my opinion.

Jun 21, 2002
as time went on "the kill everybody day and fuck the cops day" was coming to its end. the tone is darker n' more creative now. gangsta rap transcended into other things like horrorcore, etc.

May 19, 2002
you mean to tell me that ya'll don't consider Lynch, Hollow Tip, C-BO and Yukmouth (just to name a few) gangsta. If you ask me the West and some from the Midwest is the only ones really spittin Gangsta anymore.

The rest of rap has just become a race for who got the most "Ice" and who drinks the most "Crys". It's all bullshit to me. I don't even listen to the radio anymore. Tupac is probably rollin in his grave right now.

Nov 5, 2002
YEA THA WEST CREATTED GANGSTA RAP and today tha WEST
is the only thing close to gangsta rap!

NO I DONT CONSIDER LYNCH CBO HOLLOW gangsta ANYMORE!
example tha las LYNCH album that wuz GANGSTA wuz SEASON OF DA SICC!

maybe it old for you tha whole fucc tha cops thing.
maybe people styll want it bacc is becuase we styll live thru that!
WE CAN RELATE MORE TO "FUCC THE COPS" kinda thing eaiser,
more then tha whole BLING BLING BULLSHIT !

im sorry but i aint feelin that kinda music , i dont have a helicopter or a benz , so I dont get it ???
i drink old e i dont drink chystal or wutever , so I dont get it ???

Jul 14, 2002
www.evildooinz.com
Trust me Lynch will tell you he's not and has never been a gangsta rapper, yaw made him a gangsta rapper, he's a rip gut cannible, and he will bring the west bacc, his album is done-dadda and he about to film his video, then it will hit the stores, and I gotta say, i ain't heard nuttin on the west coast that's better then it yet

Jun 21, 2002
Hey Blu Byrd, it ain't about "maybe the fucc the cops" day is over for me... I still am in the midst of it here in the Bronx... I meant those days are over in rap, not in real life... I am very socially conscious n' I come from a long way where we had militants in the streets with AK 47's (marxist-leninism), where there's no such thing as dunkin donut eatin' cops with glock nines... I lived in a "state of nature" n' it's wild... as for "bling bling" materialism, capitalism is a western ideology that's destroying my kind... I don't bash gangsta rap I love it, along with political that's the only rap I'm knockin'... I write, n' if I ever rapped I'd focus it like Dead-Prez/2Pac to be precise...

Jun 21, 2002
^ While we're on it... It'd be hypocritical of me not to add what I fully think of Gangsta. Although it served some of its purpose it got misdirected real fast. You can't also deny that Gangsta in general is misguidin' people... a few days ago, I was confronted by a "Blood" because I was fully dressed in blue. Now how sad is that? If gangs aren't trooping to focus against the Powers That Be, then I don't see the point because it's no one's turf but the one the rents are being given to... of course, that is said with all respect due.

BAMMER

Siccness Gray Hair
Apr 25, 2002
Auburn Wa
www.dawgman.com
If you ain't rappin about your set,or claimin Blood or Crip in your songs....it ain't gangster to me.

Yukmouth is not ganster rap.Slim Loc 1 puts it down for his hood,so I consider him a gangsta rapper.C-Bo,Hollow....I consider them Gangsta Rappers.

Nov 18, 2002
You aint gotta talk bout blood or crip to be a gangsta rapper u jus gota talk bout real shit dat muthafuckaz can relate to fuck tha ice n chrys u gotta talk bout shit real people go thru n understand n Hardtime gonna be bringin that shit back!!

Jun 21, 2002
@ bammer

I think the mentality should be what dictates what's gangsta rap and what isn't. I mean you don't have to be a priest before your music gets considered "Christian Rap"... I think it is the ideology and the nature of the messages conveyed through out the songs. But then again everyone will go "you're a fake, you ain't banging"... whatever though.

@ MB3

Hell yea DP's off the hook. My homegirl Kaya is down w/ them and I helped edit an underground music video for them... "they schools".