Writing to friends/fam in jail

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 15, 2003
this thread is makin me feel even more guilty than I do....

I got a few boys locked up right now but one specifically i know I should write asap because i was workin wit his baby mama and she told him and i got the address and he sent a message thru her sayin to get at him and dont lag and its been like 2 months.. i've thought about him hella times but just been out here procrastinatin and tryin to live..... I need to sit down and do it.. matter of fact all this time i spend browsin the siccness i could put towards makin a homeboy feel like he got love on the outside... Im'a write him something right now........

May 6, 2007
my brother is in prison for probably another year and a half so 3 years all together. i try my hardest to keep in touch with him beacuse the letters help him so much. it gives him something to look forward to

Oct 16, 2002
Gilroy
man my potna up in oklahoma doing time and i been meaning to write em ever since i found out....his family done moved away so i cant get the address to write em, i remm there was a website someone posted one time where you could find ppl locked up by they name and shit....

anyone know what website my high ass talk'n bout..

but yea if you got loved ones behind walls you should write em to keep em from going crazy in that bitch.....it's a bitch doing time...

YMW

Sicc OG
Jan 19, 2006
when my sis got sent to the pen i did'nt write fot the first couple months. pthen i started writing two letters a week to keep her busy. find some time to put it in schedule. they really apprciate that shit in the end.

Oct 9, 2004
I HAVE A CHICK THATS BEEN LOCKED IN THE PIN FOR ABOUT 5 YEARS SHE HAS 1 MORE YEAR TO GO. I TRY TO WRITE HER TWICE A MONTH AND SEND HER POST CARDS & PRINT OUT FUNNY SHIT FROM THE INTERNET. BUT I HAVENT WROTE HER TOO MUCH LATELY CUZ I MOVED AGAIN, SHE WAS IN THE HOLE FOR A YEAR AND LOST ALL KINDS OF WEIGHT SHITS FUCKED UP!!!! SHE HASN'T WROTE BACK IN AWHILE I HOPE SHE AINT IN HOLE AGAIN:(

May 30, 2006
I stopped doing that shit about 2 years ago. I just got tired of doing it. Niggaz need 2 just keep they ass outta jail. When u don't write'em they get all bitter & shit complaining about "why don't u write me more often". Niggaz got lives on the outside & I don't have time 2 be doing that shit the older I get. Esp with my fam that repeatedly go back & forth 2 jail. That shit gets on my nerves. I know sometimes cats go in on bullshit charges but damn!

May 2, 2002
I've written Joe (pete dogge) a couple times. I first wrote him in January '07. Krazy Klown told me he go it, so I was glad to hear that. I wanted to offer my support. I've got another letter that I wrote a couple days ago. Its handwritten, but I think I'm gonna type it.

Dec 11, 2002
I've done it... wrote at least 2 letters a week for almost four years.. I had 3 rubbermaid tubs full of letters, cards and drawings..

Dana Dane

RIP Vallejo Kid
May 3, 2002
my husband is in San Quentin, and I dontt write him nearly as much as I should. I have sent him 3 letters in 2 months, and, even though I dont have much better to do, I just don't feel like writing him. He isn't writing me either, so I guess he and I are on the same page as far as communication.

Aug 8, 2004
Dana Dane said:
my husband is in San Quentin, and I dontt write him nearly as much as I should. I have sent him 3 letters in 2 months, and, even though I dont have much better to do, I just don't feel like writing him. He isn't writing me either, so I guess he and I are on the same page as far as communication.
damn girl.....that's gotta be touch to have ur husband locked up. sorry to hear that. but as long as your both on the same page like you said, then I guess it's not as bad as it could be. It would be a lot worse if one person was writing and the other one wasnt.

Aug 8, 2004
fuckdemsquares said:
i dont write letters, i visit my niggas on saturday/sunday.
Like I said before, when he was local I visited him EVERY SUNDAY. never missed a day. and always threw cash on his books. but now he's at least 7 hours away so it's pretty much impossible to visit him anymore. plus he's in the hole so I doubt he even gets visitations.....but I could be wrong.

he's hoping to get transfered closer tho so if he duz it will make it alot easier to visit. I'd really like to chop it up with him in person. just so he sees a familiar face and knows I aint forgot bout him.

btw....I sent that letter yesterday finally. so I feel a little better now for getting it done.

Dana Dane

RIP Vallejo Kid
May 3, 2002
JP $CRILLA said:
damn girl.....that's gotta be touch to have ur husband locked up. sorry to hear that. but as long as your both on the same page like you said, then I guess it's not as bad as it could be. It would be a lot worse if one person was writing and the other one wasnt.

I think maybe I'm just fed up. I've done the 2 letters a week and waiting around all morning saturday and sunday for the $30 collect calls, and I'm just not feelin it this time. Its hard not having him here, because I am going through it and dont have my husband to lean on, but I'm also parially glad his stupid ass is gone. He's gotta learn one of these days that he's not above the law.

Aug 8, 2004
Dana Dane said:
I think maybe I'm just fed up. I've done the 2 letters a week and waiting around all morning saturday and sunday for the $30 collect calls, and I'm just not feelin it this time. Its hard not having him here, because I am going through it and dont have my husband to lean on, but I'm also parially glad his stupid ass is gone. He's gotta learn one of these days that he's not above the law.
I feel the same way bout my cuzzin. it's not like this is the first time he's been in. it seems like he's just comfortable now being in, so it really dont bother him like it would me. I go crazy just at the thought of being locked up for a few days...let alone weeks. I've only been in once and that was enough to let me know it's not for me.