Writing to friends/fam in jail

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 8, 2004
My cousin just got locked up (again) and wont be out til 2009. he's been in for the last 4 months and I've got a few letters from him so far. I feel bad tho cuz I've only written back to him once. I keep telling myself I need to do it but for some reason I keep putting it off. I know how important that can be while your in there, especially in his situation cuz he's sittin in the hole right now waiting to be transfered to another prison over some bullshit.

How many of you got friends / family that are in the same situation? Are you good about writing to them and staying in touch? Or are you like me and find yourself lagging to do it?

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
I always lag on writing my uncle. I write but then I lag on getting stamps and actually sending the letter off... He's a 3 striker with the 25. I think they get lonely in there to be honest. Just think if your haven't seen or heard from you family member in years.

Aug 8, 2004
Hood Rat Poison said:
you have no idea how much it means to your cousin, JP...write him as often as possible....just take the time and do it
I know what ur sayin bro. I can tell in his letters he's going through it right now. even tho he's been in for damn near the last 10 years...(Last year was his first 4th Of July out in 10 years or close to it) I know it doesnt get any easier. Fuck it. Im writing the letter today. I've had his letters with me at work now for a week or so. So if I got time to fuck around online, I can make the time to write him today....I know im the only homie he's got that's actually gonna do it....

May 13, 2006
There are times when I lag writing to my brother, but I get to it eventually. I would write up a storm though just to keep him occupied. I would try and tell everyone else to write to him as well. He's out now so theres nothing to worry about.

Aug 8, 2004
what makes me feel even worse about it is my cuzin is the type of dude who would never lag on writing to me if the tables were turned. maybe it's cuz he's been in for so long that he really understands the importance of it, but that's one thing I know for sure. I'd be gettin steady letters from him if I were in. When he was in county before he got sentenced, I would always be there every Sunday to visit him and throw some cash on his books. so he knows Im there for him when everybody else just seemed to forget bout him. fuckin bitch ass friends. u really see the real side of people when ur in that situation.

Aug 15, 2003
Of the SENIC CITY
good lookin on this post, i got most my clique locked up right now and one on the run. Shit its funny though, cuz i can't write all of them, but when i do i can pound out some real shit to keep them alive in there. Its all about staying alive in there.

so write some real shit over and over again and just look to the best letter. Keep your other letters so if you can't write one just send him an old one.

also its a bitch when one of your homies don't know your number and got no family, i can't find where they at?

Aug 8, 2004
well I just sat down and wrote him a few pages. nuthing special but I know it's better than nothing. just gotta stay in touch with him to let him know he aint been forgotten. thanks ya'll for gettin my ass motivated to do it this morning. It HAD to be done!

Aug 8, 2004
surgurliman said:
^^ get sum females to write ur homie.
yeah man. he already asked me to get him some addresses of some bitches he knows just to have more people to write to. his stupid ass also got married right before he went in so he could have visits from his girl when he gets settled in. funny thing is I signed the marriage certificate and they actually took it as legit and sent back the confirmation to his girl... I was rollin.

Jan 1, 2006
My g/f brother is locked up till 2009 but they visit him as often as possible. They do write letters too but sometimes it's hard to get your thoughts on paper.

Just take some time out for your cuzzo

Apr 23, 2007
My best friend is in Soledad.. i try to write him at least two times a month, i know he wish he got more... i feel bad.. But it takes him almost two weeks to get my letter, and only takes me three days to get his.

May 3, 2002
My cousin been locked up since '02 I was good at getting back to him but I think i've gotten like 6 letters in the past 7 months & haven't wrote him back I haven't opened up his letter that I got about 3 weeks ago but it crosses my mind everyday & I say i'll do it that evening but never get to it

Mar 18, 2007
shyt when i was in i aint want nobody writting me,no visits or calls.. that shyt was depressing hearing about all the shyt going on in the outside that i couldnt be apart of..

Aug 8, 2004
stressn said:
shyt when i was in i aint want nobody writting me,no visits or calls.. that shyt was depressing hearing about all the shyt going on in the outside that i couldnt be apart of..
yeah....guess everybody is dif tho. cuz my cuzzin always asking how things are, whats been going on, etc. or for example, in his last letter he sent me....he wrote 2 pages on what it's like being in the hole....what he has to go through to get to the yard, showers, etc. basically just breaking down his entire situation step by step from morning to nite. I can tell by reading it he's just bored and needs to keep his thoughts off the bullshit he's dealing with.

he was in susanville for less than a week when they brought him to his counselor and was told another inmate their has him on his enemys list so he has to stay in the hole until they find somewhere else to transfer him. which from what he says will take at least 60 days. fuckin bullshit!

Mar 18, 2007
i feel ya, that is some bullshyt..yeah, its different for everybody though, i remember for most people that would be the highlight of there day getting a piece of mail..even if it is just once a month or every other month, just to let him know u thinking bout em..

Mar 14, 2006
east bay
I've never been in that type of situation but fuck tha' bullshit, like you said if you have the time to fuck around on-line i would defintley MAKE time for my homie if it was my situation.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
when my cousin was locked up he sent me a letter and my lazy ass never got around to sending one back....actually, I think he got locked up again, I should send his ass something

Jun 2, 2002
put yourself in their shoes...that's fucked up. at least send one back for every one they send you...that's the only thing they have to look forward to besides their release date...