wow 2 yr old addicted to 'ports

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 12, 2010
does anyone know why they call em that ?(no marty)
10 million people in the Uk smoke them, most of them are men, how could you ever come up with a name like that? And i doubt a women came up with the term cause they never come up with anything.
fags are a bundle of sticks thus the term fag for a cigarrette because when they are in a pack they look like a bundle of sticks

Mar 12, 2010
well..

The term faggot or fagot, meaning bundle of sticks, shows up around 1300 in English. It almost certainly came from Old French, possibly going back to Greek phakelos. Since those bundles of sticks were mainly used for fires, it's not surprising that the term came to mean burning sticks. Then there was that nasty business in medieval times where heretics were burned at the stake. Some later cites indicate heretics who repented and were spared a fiery death had to wear a picture of a faggot on their sleeve to show what might have been their fate. But no print evidence exists that homosexuals were referred to as faggots before the twentieth century, with the origin definitely in the U.S., not Britain.

The British continued to use the words fag and faggot as nouns, verbs and adjectives right through the early 20th century, never applying it to homosexuals at any time. To fag or to be a fag was a common term in British schools from the late 1700s and referred to a lower classman who performed chores for upperclassmen. While this term was also in vogue at Harvard in the first half of the 19th century, it died out by the mid-1800s in the U.S., leaving it in use only in England. Nineteenth century Britons also heard "faggot" used in reference to an ill-tempered woman, i.e., a ball-buster, a battleaxe, a shrew. That meaning of the term continued into the early 20th century, and the usage was gradually applied to children as well as women. The relationship, if any, between faggot-as-bundle-of-sticks and faggot-as-shrewish-woman is unknown.

The first known published use of the word faggot or fag to refer to a male homosexual appeared in 1914 in the U.S. It referred to a homosexual ball where the men were dressed in drag and called them "fagots (sissies)." Ernest Hemingway, in The Sun Also Rises (1926), included the line, "You're a hell of a good guy, and I'm fonder of you than anybody on earth. I couldn't tell you that in New York. It'd mean I was a faggot." A 1921 cite says, "Androgynes [are] known as 'fairies,' 'fags,' or 'brownies.'"
shit i guess i should of read further down the thread before answering the question

Jan 27, 2010
2 year old smokes 40 cigarittes a day

A video of a smoking two-year-old baby caused uproar after it appeared briefly on YouTube in March, prompting outrage before it was removed from the site. According to unconfirmed news reports, the smoking toddler, Ardi Rizal, was witnessed by a reporter when he visited his home in the fishing village of Musi Banyuasin, in Indonesia’s South Sumatra province.

Baby Ardi Rizal smokes forty cigarettes a day, his father was reported to have said. According to unconfirmed reports his father gave Ardi Rizal his first cigarette when he was 18 months old. Now little Ardi Rizal throws a tantrum when his parents refuse him a cigarette, according to his father. Data from the Central Statistics Agency shows 25 percent of Indonesian children aged 3 to 15 have tried cigarettes, with 3.2 percent of those active smokers.

A recent bill on tobacco control has stalled due to opposition from the tobacco industry. The bill would ban cigarette advertising and sponsorship, prohibit smoking in public, and add graphic images to packaging.
http://www.kktv.com/news/headlines/95021059.html

By the age of 20 he'll get lung cancer.

May 14, 2002
South Sumatra, doesn't surprise me one bit.
Even if he didn't smoke he would get lung cancer anyway.

People there smoke everywhere.

I've seen people smoke in public transportation with the windows closed, babies in the seat next to them, children on the bus pregnant woman.
And the man smoking those 40 miligram tar kretek without filters.
Damn...