Will "homeboy" Rap officially die in 2014?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

To DIE or not to DIE

• Total voters
Jun 5, 2004
Only good shit left really is nasty north, lifeline records, deep sleep records, and a few others... Big oso, big tone, lil coner, still doin theyre thing... A few others i like too...

But homeboys are startin to realize that if they do bay area rap instead of only norte rap then they can touch all audiences... And it sounds a whole lot better
Sleepy Santino/Loyal T is a good example of that...

Its not just norte rap, its all gangbangin rap is played out, nobody listens to "kill a slob, killa crab" shit anymore either... And nobody cares if u put some gangbangin shit in ur songs, but its wack when thats all u can do on all ur songs

Jun 5, 2004
only homeboy shit I listen to anymore is anything that comes out of nasty north.. the rest I don't even bother fuckin with it
If u like nasty north then u might like lifeline records, they got some good, quality music comin out

mac reese, evil

doc holiday, mr. Kee

philthy rich, pooh hefner, doc holiday

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2013
HEROIN CAPITAL
I thought it would die in 2013 but we had some solid joints.... RealistAsTheyCome, AddictedtoTheGame, HeartofaHustlaMindofaG. Nasty North gonna run the HBR game Raider hardly spits a weak verse, Ono got flows & Toro is raw.

Tone could put out another banger but he doesn't need to. If he does, it'll most likely have Davina on multiple songs & I aint really feelin that.

Conspiracy I believe should come with some heat like he usually does since i find him very underrated.

recklessofgilaz

Im Gay until I log back in
Oct 30, 2008
Gilaz with Track Killa and Vince
I thought it would die in 2013 but we had some solid joints.... RealistAsTheyCome, AddictedtoTheGame, HeartofaHustlaMindofaG. Nasty North gonna run the HBR game Raider hardly spits a weak verse, Ono got flows & Toro is raw.

Tone could put out another banger but he doesn't need to. If he does, it'll most likely have Davina on multiple songs & I aint really feelin that.

Conspiracy I believe should come with some heat like he usually does since i find him very underrated.
The only rapper I like from the people you mentioned it Big Tone. And Davina of coarse lol. Ono Loco is locked up so you won't be hearing him anytime soon. Damn shame too since he's hella dope. And I'm over Lil Raider's music. I don't check for it anymore. He does come out with a good song here and there. "They Predicted I'd Be Dead Or In Prison" is his best album. Period. And I don't know what's the big deal with Conspiracy. His music might don't got it breh. Not knocking their hustle cause they do have a following just not my cup. of tea.

S.SAVAGE

SICCNESS MOTHERFUCKER
Oct 25, 2011
EAST SAN JOSE
The only rapper I like from the people you mentioned it Big Tone. And Davina of coarse lol. Ono Loco is locked up so you won't be hearing him anytime soon. Damn shame too since he's hella dope. And I'm over Lil Raider's music. I don't check for it anymore. He does come out with a good song here and there. "They Predicted I'd Be Dead Or In Prison" is his best album. Period. And I don't know what's the big deal with Conspiracy. His music might don't got it breh. Not knocking their hustle cause they do have a following just not my cup. of tea.
they sure aint no Lil Debbie, huh Reck?

#WHITEGIRLMOBOFGILAZ

S.SAVAGE

SICCNESS MOTHERFUCKER
Oct 25, 2011
EAST SAN JOSE
If u like nasty north then u might like lifeline records, they got some good, quality music comin out

mac reese, evil

doc holiday, mr. Kee

philthy rich, pooh hefner, doc holiday

WOW.... it is a sad day when Philthy Rich is able to outshine someone on their own track LOL

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2013
HEROIN CAPITAL
Will check that Dead or in Prision I liked a few tracks off it that I heard. How can u not like Toro he's one of the few putting 110% in this shit.

Sep 10, 2005
if you still wear cortez shoes and khakis and listen to cholo rap, kill yo'self.
LOL, there is nothing wrong with khakis or Cortez's. I still dress like a Chicano/Lowrider and Im proud of that. Shit, the last time I logged on to this site was almost 3 years ago. But, Im baaaaaaaaack!

As long as there are homeboys, there will always be a market for HBR, and there are homeboys made everyday.