Why you gon hate on Jagged Edge & Jermaine Dupri...?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 26, 2005
3rdeyeVision said:
WHO THE FUCK IS JAGGED EDGE. NAH SERIOUSLY THO. OH YA THAT LITTLE BOY BAND SINGING LULLABY'S N SHIT. why do ya'll even give a fuck what JAGGED EDGE is sayin, they aint even gettin respect so why tryn rag on them...let them have their little wannabe slang they know they took that shit so let them be biters...
"Biter" as they may be, those niggas have done waaaay more than any of these New Bay niggas.

Feb 9, 2005
maculentways said:
real talk

all of you shut the fuck up.... you faggots will say shit like THE BAY IS BACK YEEE!! when bay music gets popular, and then when artists from other regions enjoy bay area shit enough to make a song using bay shit, you have the nerve to complain that "they're biting the bay".... stupid fucks, if you aren't ready for other people to use our slang and shit, then you're not ready for the bay area to blow up.

DONE.

::
one of the main reasons for the popularity of B.A.RT. is the lack of media outlets supporting Bay music, we are the underdogs and the success of B.A.R.T. is proof positive of that... it is totally justified when someone takes a offense to the whole "biting issue" for the simple fact that the Bay has been the home of trends for decades, but gets ZERO respect... so if someone wants to get sensitive about this shit, damm right.... the little dude JD has been eating 20x times more over than any other artist/producer from the Bay, so why should i be happy that some little rich midget wants to cash in on some Bay shit, fuck him and all the rest that take our shit and run with it... worry about all that other shit when we can get at least two rappers from the Bay to go GOLD...

kle

Sicc OG
Nov 22, 2005
SFWOOD said:
one of the main reasons for the popularity of B.A.RT. is the lack of media outlets supporting Bay music, we are the underdogs and the success of B.A.R.T. is proof positive of that... it is totally justified when someone takes a offense to the whole "biting issue" for the simple fact that the Bay has been the home of trends for decades, but gets ZERO respect... so if someone wants to get sensitive about this shit, damm right.... the little dude JD has been eating 20x times more over than any other artist/producer from the Bay, so why should i be happy that some little rich midget wants to cash in on some Bay shit, fuck him and all the rest that take our shit and run with it... worry about all that other shit when we can get at least two rappers from the Bay to go GOLD...
JD and JE didnt go ahead and say that they were the ones that coined their terms. And do you really think this hyphy/go dumb shit would be as big as it is if it we werent recognized/respected for it? Fact is in order for anything to be successful on a mainstream level there has to be assimilated into mainstream culture. So if you don't let it happen then it'll never blow. If Bay folks wanna stay bitter about others using the terms we coined then go ahead but don't expect others to give us the support and without the support of other areas this shit will stay regional.

Do I get upset if they take our shit and run with it? I guess a part of me is like wtf? But really it's words and it's slang. And in this particular situation, JE and JD didn't say they invented that phrase so it ain't nuffa. Just keep doin what we doin. Worry bout our hustle, not theirs.

J:M

Sicc OG
Feb 4, 2004
^^^ Co-signed. A few posts above, I respect your point SFWOOD but nobody's asked to be HAPPY about his success. They're doing what they do and make music. We can bash it all we want, but that's not going to sell more units to the originators of "Stunna Shades" and that's fo sho not going to get the credit the bay "deserves". What happened when P called himself the Ice Cream Man and everyone started bitching about that? Nothin, that dude got so much bread. I'm just playing devil's advocate. If we go to the basics of the point, it's bitches bitchin about OTHER muthafuckas not getting put on for coming up with slang. That's pretty stupid.

Feb 9, 2005
J:M said:
^^^ Co-signed. A few posts above, I respect your point SFWOOD but nobody's asked to be HAPPY about his success. They're doing what they do and make music. We can bash it all we want, but that's not going to sell more units to the originators of "Stunna Shades" and that's fo sho not going to get the credit the bay "deserves". What happened when P called himself the Ice Cream Man and everyone started bitching about that? Nothin, that dude got so much bread. I'm just playing devil's advocate. If we go to the basics of the point, it's bitches bitchin about OTHER muthafuckas not getting put on for coming up with slang. That's pretty stupid.
true...

I'm not losing any sleep over this, but...

this incident is just one of many that I see as cases of a LACK of respect, and I'm sure there'll be more down the road...

to me it's more than just music/slang, it's a disrespect to a region, a people