Why Won't Starbucks Open A Store In Compton?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

BAMMER

Siccness Gray Hair
Apr 25, 2002
Auburn Wa
www.dawgman.com
There's no bridges in Iraq,and no Starbucks in Compton!!!
Because both have no benefits of being in either area.get it now smart guy?

And when did the government start doing the contracting for Starbucks?

Just say you hate white's,it would save alot of board space,and not one white dude would give a fuck.end-o-story

Apr 25, 2002
Houston
Umm, if you are talking to me, I am actually white. This was just a debate me and another girl (from Compton) were having at work. The shit I am saying is what she was saying and what you guys are saying is what I was saying. I was just trying to get a friendly debate. Damn.

Apr 25, 2002
BAMMER said:

Just say you hate white's,it would save alot of board space,and not one white dude would give a fuck.end-o-story

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
u know sum foolz get all ass hurt and wanna start talkin bout how white duez are hard and blah blah. sick of hearin it. nothing againzt white people, but thatz wut happenz almozt EVRY TYME on here.

A

askgarcia

SHEA said:

NICE TRY...BUT WRONG.

I LIVE IN EAST SAN JOSE....WHERE WHITES ARE THE MINORITY...& WE GOT A FEW STARBUCKS....NOT 1 PALE SKIN FOLK WORKING THERE.

THE GOVERNMENT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHERE A STARBUCKS OPENS UP.

SS
you missed my whole point...im not talking about the government deciding wether starbucks opens up or not...my reply really had nothing to do with starbucks.

May 5, 2002
Shits simple supply/demand.. ain't yall take economics? If they don't feel their is a demand for coffee in an area they are not gonna spend the money to supply it. Its their job to make money not be politically correct (not that I agree with corporate america). its all about the $$$...

BTW the government doesn't open liquor stores... wherever poverty goes liqour stores follow because they can make money, unfortunately a lot of these poverty strickin areas are minority populated, but I'm sure a corporation would have no problem exploiting whites to make money. "money is the root of all evil" -that shits true...

May 7, 2002
My thoughts

Starbucks uses demographics info for store placement. A simple formula lads. Most profit per square inch. Do we think that Compton is going to provide a profit for Starbucks???? maybe but its probable near the bottom of the prospective new development list because the average income within the area is lower than other cities.

If you were a coffee shop owner what would make you open up shop in Compton over Huntington Beach or San Diego ???????????????????

Just my thoughts...

Stealth

May 8, 2002
I think its is hilarious how a conversation about Starbucks can get into racial issues and government conspiracies. It just goes to show how most of you are acting like you're victimized and are always looking for an excuse to make yourselves the victim.

Its not about white and black, its about employment and unemployment. There's an all-white trailor trash neighborhood by my house were nobody has a dime or a shower. And they don't got a Starbucks either. But none of them are bitching "We don't have a Starbucks because we're white".

Motherfucking instigators.

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
STEALTH,
YOU RIgHT. BUT THEM TRAILOR TRASH CAN CLEAN THEMSELVES UP, EDUCATE THEMSELVES "EASILY" AND PROBABLY BE SOME KIND OF POLITICIAN. IT'S NOT AS EASILY FOR OTHAS.