Why Won't Starbucks Open A Store In Compton?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

HOOP

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Countdown City, TX
www.afewleaves.com
Ño...

It'z just that there iz ño demañd for coffee iñ that area like iñ otherz...It would beñefit STARBUCCZ more tah opeñ a store somewhere else where they would sell more uñitz...
Just like muzicc...SICCMADE targetz only placez that would sell thier product, ya feel??

-HººP

BAMMER

Siccness Gray Hair
Apr 25, 2002
Auburn Wa
www.dawgman.com
Like Hoop said,theres no demand for high priced coffee in a low economic community.Most people who visit Starbucks are on there way to work in the morning,so if the community is low income,and has a high unemployment rate,theres no reason to build a business in that environment,when you could open one up in Beverley Hills or wherever the fuck....common sense really.

I drink Folger's....black.:D

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
i agree with what Bammer said.....but foldgers is gross....coffee in general is gross.....

HOOP

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Countdown City, TX
www.afewleaves.com
Ñaw...coffee aiñ't gross...

I used to thiñk tha same thiñg before I worked at ah STARBUCCZ...
But after I started workiñ there, I wuz required to driñk tha beveragez, añd I started tah like it...
Ñot just str8 blacc shit, but ah mix of esspresso and milk with ah lil bit of syrup iz bomb as hell...:D

-HººP

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
STARBUK CORPORATE OFFICES FEEL THAT THEY CAN'T MAKE NO MONEY IN COMPTON, THAT THERE'S MORE OF A CHANCE TO LOOSE MONEY THAN TO MAKE IT. SO BASICALLY THEY DON'T WANNA INVEST MONEY FOR A STORE IN COMPTON.

A

askgarcia

an american government controlling the nations social sturcture would rather see liquor stores in an area populated by blacks and browns than to see a fancy shmancy starbucks in its place...the reason these communities are of low economy is because theyre meant to be that way...and politicians work hard at keeping it that way.

Apr 25, 2002
EDJ said:
STARBUK CORPORATE OFFICES FEEL THAT THEY CAN'T MAKE NO MONEY IN COMPTON, THAT THERE'S MORE OF A CHANCE TO LOOSE MONEY THAN TO MAKE IT. SO BASICALLY THEY DON'T WANNA INVEST MONEY FOR A STORE IN COMPTON.
exactly.and to the guy claiming gov. conspiracy,read the quote above