Why is bay area rap so weak these days?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 7, 2009
atlanta
the bay still puttin out solid shit to me and im a atl nigga.. i know we got the juice right now but i do get tired of the shit down here... a lot of it be runnin together cuz we got 50 million niggas down here tryna rap and plenty sound like future/thug/migos not to mention other cities tryna sound like the niggas down here.. thats why i fuck with the bay shit cuz niggas got they own identity and actually try to keep a unique sound.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2002
Yeah but even then the market was saturated with trinity/triton sounds and roland jv sounds and, unless you were the likes of Khayree or someone who knew how to play, the music was going to sound even more repetitive at some point.

From a music perspective we don't have a lot of producers out here that are working with people and by producers I don't mean someone who makes a beat. I'm talking about a producer as in he/she will take the artist mold them, decide what key the song needs to be in, how it's going to be recorded, what sounds to use, how its going to be mixed, etc.

Then it's the problem of not rewriting the material over and over so it's the best it can possibly be. Yeah you can come up with a song in 15 minutes or a "hot" one in 20. There are a billion others who can do or think they can do the same thing so why not rewrite the material until it can't be rewritten any longer and memorize the shit BEFORE you go in and record? This way the ONLY thing you have to focus on is capturing the performance.

Finally, and this is to sum it all and explain some shit. Certain people here HAVE held others back and only put on those who they thought they could control/are easily influenced or those who they can benefit from. And finally, bay artist have become complacent and content and the drugs half these cats are taking don't help one bit.
Insightful. thanks