Why does everyone hate Mike Jones?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 31, 2006
Kinda funny, but Mike Jones converted me to hiphop...

Then i started looking for more artists,
now I listen to Paul Wall, Slim Thug, Bun B, Pimp C, Chamillionaire, T.I., Do or Die, and more.

Without mike jones, this would have never happened.

Feb 14, 2004
because his rhymes are predictable and he chants the same thing over and over again, which is annoying. and i just dont like how he always says his name all the time and his phone number. you been turned onto rap in a way im glad i wasn't lol

Nov 10, 2002
H-TOWN
MIKE JONES, arguably the worst rapper out of h-town that is mainstream.
Me, personally, I dont hate him (I wish him the best), but I dont care for most of his music.

He has to step it up on the next cd.

Aug 7, 2004
Alot of dudes hating Mike Jones now, it's that crab in a bucket mentality. Niggas loved him when he 1st came out, but with success comes envy. Not sayin everyone who hates him envies him, it's alot of dudes who thought he was garbage since day 1, but alot of the people speakin on him bought his albums and was supportin him last year.

Jan 18, 2006
HE TRIED TO PREVENT CHAM FROM GETTING SIGNED TO A MAJOR, IF THAT IS NOT HATERISM I DONT WHAT IS, HIS ALBUM WAS ACTUALLY PRETTY GOOD BUT HES STILL A WEAK RAPPER AND LIKE SOMEONE ELSE SAID HES A PRIME EXAMPLE OF WHAT IS WRONG WITH RAP NOW.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Evasive said:
Kinda funny, but Mike Jones converted me to hiphop...

I used to listen to rock/emo/metal , shit like that, but when I first heard "Flossin", I wondered WHERE HAS THIS MUSIC BEEN ALL MY LIFE

Then i started looking for more artists,
now I listen to Paul Wall, Slim Thug, Bun B, Pimp C, Chamillionaire, T.I., Do or Die, and more.

Without mike jones, this would have never happened.
How old are you? Not dissing you or anything but if Mike Jones made you wonder "WHERE HAS THIS MUSIC BEEN ALL MY LIFE" you have to be 14 or something.

But anyways I though Mike Jones album was alright because the production was on point and some of the songs sounded good. He isn't anything special on the mic though and his flow does get repetitive and boring.

Jan 3, 2006
i dunno when i first heard "back then" the first song i heard of him...i was like "damn, this guys prety good" ..but then i started hearing his other songs...and he says the same shit on basickly all his fuckin songs ...or his fuckin number..its not that foos hate on him...but fuck man..rap about something else...

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

I thought Who Is Mike Jones was garbage, but I used to play the shit out of the Swishahouse comp and Forst Round Draft Picks...

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
JLMACN said:
KEY WORDS!
:cool:

I still listen to all of those too (well not really emo.) I don't see what that has to do with anything. I recall someone bought System of a Down's cd...hmmm. lol. Just fucking with you JLMACN.

I just found it funny that Mike Jones made this guy think "WHERE HAS THIS MUSIC BEEN ALL MY LIFE"

Mar 31, 2006
i dunno

i always used to think all rap/hip-hop sounded the same and sucked

but when i heard flossin, it was the first rap sound that i liked, then i increased my taste of rap music by listening to more and more

Feb 14, 2004
lol you use to think all rap sounds the same and all of sudden like mike jones, who says the same shit on all his songs. cool then i guess. i'm sorry you had to get into rap due to him though. but them other artists you named are good.

Apr 8, 2005
when i first heared stioll tippin i thought it was koo and didnt think nothin of mike jones paticularly. so his cd acme out and i listened to it, and i was confused if the cd was burnt right cuz all the songs sounded the same. after hearin the cd, i disliked him. i gave him a chance tho, he jus aint no good

Feb 9, 2006
He can be good when he wants to be, imo. Alot of his feature verses are pretty good. Liked him back in the day but like so many others have said, he is still the same rapper he was 5 years ago.

Don't hate him though, I don't know him. Never met him and even if I did, that would tell me shit about him.