Who's the Weakest Member of Slaughterhouse??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 18, 2006
Crooked I is the only beast in the group. Folks swear its the greatest group of lyricists ever assembled or some shit. Its nice see to rappers that can actually rap come together but if this was the 90's mothafuckas wouldn't be considered shit. With that being said Joell Ortiz is definitely the weak link but Buddens is also pretty disappointing these days cuz he use to be tight.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Crooked I is the only beast in the group. Folks swear its the greatest group of lyricists ever assembled or some shit. Its nice see to rappers that can actually rap come together but if this was the 90's mothafuckas wouldn't be considered shit. With that being said Joell Ortiz is definitely the weak link but Buddens is also pretty disappointing these days cuz he use to be tight.
can I ask you what group of lyricists in the 90's was better LYRICALLY than Slaughterhouse?

just curious...

I think they're FAR from one of the best groups ever in terms of just making good music

but in terms of each member going bar for bar and spittin crazy verses... they have to be one of the best

edit: btw... that San Quinn song in your sig is dope... what is that from?

Jan 18, 2006
lol, i think its for Quinns upcoming album. Anyways do you really think they these dudes have shit on WU or Bone when they were at there best? The average East Coast MC would tear these dudes to shreds back in the 90's, im just sayen maybe its there delivery but theres really nothing special about them and Royce use to be coo' also but his music was never that great.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
lol, i think its for Quinns upcoming album. Anyways do you really think they these dudes have shit on WU or Bone when they were at there best? The average East Coast MC would tear these dudes to shreds back in the 90's, im just sayen maybe its there delivery but theres really nothing special about them and Royce use to be coo' also but his music was never that great.
lyrically... Bone Thugs (even in their prime) are nowhere near as good as Slaughterhouse... in terms of making good music... Bone Thugs (in their prime) was better

Bone Thugs have never been known as lyricist... they have a very unique style and delivery... going back and forth from harmonizing the rapid fire delivery... the music they made in their prime is better overall than anything Slaughterhouse has made... but LYRICALLY... I repeat.... LYRICALLY... they're not as good Slaughterhouse

Wu-Tang is debatable... that's the one group that came to mind... but even they don't rhyme as complex in terms of rhyme schemes and wordplay, etc...

that's what I'm talking about here... I realize Slaughterhouse has not released a classic album... or even near a classic album... I'm just saying if you put any member of Slaughterhouse in the booth against a lot of rappers and had them go bar for bar to see who could spit a tighter verse... there's not a lot of rappers (relatively speaking of course) that could fuck with them...

Jan 18, 2006
I'll give you one thing, all these dudes shit on A-Wax whos supposedly such a great lyricist who everyone worships on here and its just laughable to me

Jun 3, 2002
www.aod-org.com
NO ONES WEAK IN THAT GROUP CUZ IN ANY SONG ONE CAN OUTSHINE THE NEXT AND THAT'S WHY I LIKE THEIR MUSIC....CROOKED I IS MY FAVORITE OUT THE GROUP BUT NONE OF EM ARE WEAK.....
This.

I will say one thing is that because of Slaughterhouse Joe Budden has grown on me alot and I have been bumping his shit on the regular as of late, alot of people hate him because of his attitude, but u cant deny cat has lyrics and spits about some real deep personal shit which alot of rappers are scared to do.

Apr 2, 2010
what exactly do you mean by complex

are you referring the the flow and rhyme patterns... like using multi syllable rhyming, etc?

because if that's the cause... he's OK... the weakest in Slaughterhouse for sure... not as good as a lot of rappers, but better than a lot as well

if you're talking about punchlines/wordplay/metaphors... he's pretty fuckin dope, IMO at least.... sometimes if you're not paying attention they may slip past you... but he says some slick shit

I don't listen to Budden enough to name some songs or lines off top, and really don't care enough to search youtube... so yeah... whatever. I'm not even a big Joe Budden fan, in the fact that I rarely listen to his solo shit... but I think he is a talented rapper... whatever...
Look on the first page..I said Buddens has simple lyrics, I listened to him for years so I know about his style.

If we are talking about his flow and multi syllable rhyme schemes, yeah he sucks at that too. You should listen to Diabolic then he would probably be god in your eyes because he has some of the best punchlines/metaphors/wordplay.

T.C

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
The weakest member in the group would be Ortiz. But Crooked I isn't far behind him. Both those guys have the Canibus syndrome: Boring after a couple songs but can rhyme their asses off.

Royce has no swag? Damn that's cold. lol. But I will say Royce has been slipping a bit with the lyrics as mentioned. Personally, I didn't like Royce's last CD, but...Diddy has been sounding kinda ill as of late. Diddy Nickle Nine. lol

Jul 3, 2008
royce is top 3 rappers of all time IMO...

street hop is still the best cd to come out since it came out.

if u think budden lyrically is simple he's prolly goin over ur head..hes not a punchline rapper...hes a story teller/metaphor/real life type rapper...but if u dont comprehend what hes talking about then of course its gon seem simple

crooked is a BEAST....quite possibly the best rapper doin it today...who got bars/flo like crooked???

ortiz is coo...far from wack...i jus never looked into his music...road kill was a cool mixtape tho

Nov 7, 2006
it changes on me all the time. usually budden is the weakest to me but he's been tearin his verses up lately and outshining atleast 2 members in the recent songs. crooked i and royce usually stay at the top for me but sometimes i feel ortiz too haha. thats why i like them so much is because you never know who will have the best verse on the next song.\

Nov 7, 2006
Budden by far has the most creative metaphors/similes/punches and has the strongest range of content

people just hate him because hes an asshole and is considered a "1 hit wonder"
i see what your saying but by far??? sometimes royce and crooked both got better shit on a single song and vice versa. ortiz metaphors is usually food haha

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Crooked I - Greatest rapper alive IMHO
Royce
Budden
Ortiz

hard to rate them cause they all got bars, but Crooked and Royce are on another level, Budden and Ortiz ain't on the Crooked and Royce level but they're definitely a higher level above most of the rap game. The new Shady Slaughterhouse tracks that have been leaking are pure fire, if that's what we have to look forward to then Slaughterhouse can't be fucked with as a group.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
IMHO they all are fighting for last

you couldnt pay me to listen to a slaughterhouse album.

joe budden tries so hard to be deep its excruciating to listen to
its like his mouth is trying to take a shit whilst constipated

joell ortiz gets thrown under the bus for making a retarded llama yelp as a catch phrase

royce ortiz got destroyed by mistah fab of all people and his reputation as a 'legendary mc' has gone to hell since that moment.
"bad vs evil' was a corny idea to me, but the white girl and the black girl on the cover was aiiight. he will always be eminems son.

crooked i is dope lyrically but is alot like canibus, his lyrical ability is no where equal to his ability to make good songs (i thought the song 'smuggling green' was hard on one of his mixtapes

basically to sum this all up
when crooked i is bad, hes really bad
he has one song that was so bad it tarnished my opinion of him forever. i cant specifically remember what crooked i did when drunk on youtube, but it was up there with ras kass threatening game on youtube.

joe budden i attempt to listen to because hes my boys favorite mc at the moment (i was personally given mood music 4 to get up on him, i have to be extremely drunk to put up with his voice) i think the problem with budden is ive seen so many jersey people clown the shit out of him on message boards its hard for me to take him seriously. the only reedeeming quality about buddens is he always finds a way to bone a chick people have posters of. so he moves up in the category.

joell ortiz looks like hes about to cry/is completely hungry to the point where he has a painful look on his face, like joell ortiz be in the corner lookin like he hates life. the only other person i can think of that does this is chad hugo from n.e.r.d. and like i said...yaowa

crooked i is dope lyrically. but when he gets drunk hes a cornball.

so thinking about this a little more

crooked i (getting drunk and being a cornball is the least issue)
joe budden (is tight if im on PCP)
royce (at one time had a few songs id slap)
ortiz (ignored)

**SECOND DRAFT**

joe buddens
crooked i (getting a mispelled tattoo = failure like 'whore' being wrote in japanese lettering on your lower back without knowing. based on failure at life he is knocked to second)
royce/ortiz???!?

***THIRD DRAFT****

royce (hes the most seasoned mc in the group. so what if fab bodied him in one of the worst upsets ive seen in battle history.)
crooked i , because he really thought signing to suge knight after tupac was assasinated was a great business move.
joe buddens, smashed somaya reece before she turned into a fat cow, and gloria velez, keeping spanish pussy on deck gets you a third place.

third draft i realized that mentioning ortiz is wasting my time. so he is not included. im going to put a random person whom i never listen to in the group instead. mickey factz. he has last. and ortiz floats as mysterious 5th member of the group