who yall think is the best on the beats

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Hilltop Hound

CEO of Bow Wow Records
Apr 26, 2002
www.bwr2000.com
You guys make me chuckle

Dose my career mean that much to you guys?
"Don't start.....with me...."
I didn't put you in the conversation. You did that with the help of YOUR own keyboard. Don't speak if you don't want to be spoken to. How hard is that?
"You makin me famous wont happen you cant make yourself famous........you pressed 4 or 5 albums & you probably aint move more that 20,000 units all together.....you gonna be sellin CDs for the next 10 yrs. & you still aint gonna be shit you can ask your peeps about me & se what they tell you about E im a monster & the convo may not be serious but you wanted to hop on my dick"
That's right. Let all the hate out. It's bad on the soul to hold it in. No matter what my music does I know that I actually took the chance to see what people would think of my music and if it was something people would buy. As far as asking my people about Big Bad Double E, the monster, you're no CELEBRITY or SUPA GANGSTA with an outstanding history. At least not in WA. Besides, it's not that serious. To me, your nothing but another cat taking time out their life to take pop shots at me over a computer.
Hopping on your tiny weenie, come on now. What is there to hop on? You're not famous, to my knowledge, you aint balling, and you pose no threat to be scared of. SO why would I want to jock you? I'm keeping it real & that seems to be the problem. Can you handle the truth?

CHECK OUT THE NEWLY REVAMPED WEBSITE
PURCHASE TALES OF A G ONLINE
Free Downloads of Mr. D.O.G.
Free Downloads of Mac Money
Free Downloads of Big Squeeze

Jun 20, 2002
REAL

ITS LIKE THIS I DIDNT START THIS THREAD TO ARGUE WIT YOU NOW DID I......NO I ASKED A SIMPLE QUESTION AND THEN CAME BACK AND CHECKED UP ON IT READ WHAT OTHERS HAD TO SAY AND ADDED MY 2 CENTS NO HATE AT ALL THEN YOU COME ALONG AND HOP ON MY DICK AND THESE ARE SOME OF YOUR WORDS I HATE WHEN A CAT WHO AINT EVER GOT HIS FEET WET WHATEVR WHATEVER WELL THE CATS WIT DRY FEET CHANGE THE GAME HOMIE REMEMBER THAT YOU STARTED THIS HOLE LIL THING I JUST SPEAK MY MIND YA KNOW I DIDNT ATACK YOU ON NO BS YOU CAME AT ME NOW WHY THAT IS I DONT KNOW I THINK IT HAS TO DO WIT THE FACT THAT YOU ARE NOT SECURE WIT YOURSELF AND WHO YOU ARE AS AN ARTIST BUT THATS YOU SO AT THAT IM GONNA WISH YOU THE BEST WIT WHATEVA YOU DO AND LEAVE IT AT THAT I DONT WANNA ARGUE WIT YOU I DONT HOP ON HERE FOR THAT IM TRYN TO BE SERIOUS ABOUT THIS MUSIC RIGHT NOW

Jun 20, 2002
IM JUST TRYN TO DO MUSIC

AND JUST TO LET YOU KNOW I AINT SAY I WAS SUPA GANGSTA AS YOU PUT IT BUT ONE THING I KNOW WHEN IT COMES TO THIS RHYMIN HOMIE I DO ME I AINT ON NO BULLSHIT HALF ASS RAPPER SHIT YOU SEE ME IN THE CLUB SAY YOU WANNA SPIT WE SPIT THATS JUST HOW I WAS BROUGHT IN TO THIS ON SOME REAL IT CAN BE WHENEVA WHEREVA WHOEVER YOU SAY YOU SPIT YOU WANNA BATTLE AND IM ON IT AND I DONT LIKE TO LOOSE SO I ALWAYS GOTTA GO HARD NOW THATS JUST HOW I DO THINGS I FEEL THAT IM REAL NICE WIT THIS RAPPIN AND PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT ME PUT YOUR EAR TO THE STREET AND YOU WILL HEAR THE BUZZ

Hilltop Hound

CEO of Bow Wow Records
Apr 26, 2002
www.bwr2000.com
Who wants to argue?

I'm not on the siccness to argue neither. I made a true statement. You aren't really in the game and you went way to the left with your statement. What made it worst is that you started the thread and then switched to taking cheap shots at the producers from the NW.
That shit bothers me, point blank. Whether it came from your mouth or Tadou's or any other so called rapper making tracks for years without an album but quick to tell someone who is actually testing the waters what they doing wrong. You sounded ignorant, period.
Again, not trying to argue or take cheap shots at you. Just giving you some uncut realness. If you can't deal with the truth don't get mad at me bro. It's not my fault if noone else keeps it straight up with you.
And to Tadou, who's trying to win an arguement with you? I'm not even arguing. I know I can't out type you, nor am I trying. Shit everything you respond to has to be a novel and half the shit don't make sense.
You should consider the fact that if noone is talking to you then maybe noone cares about your 10 cent. I knew exactly what E meant. But if I do need your help to understand someone not in the game (I'm not talking about anyone in general), I'll ask for it.

Take this as real game. No hate. Continue posting and hopefully we will get on a subject we all feel the same way about.

Apr 25, 2002
Re: keep your thesaurus handy..hehe..

tadou said:
The only thing i disagree with in that is your use of the word 'game'. You speak of it as though ONLY people in this 'game', so to speak, are capable of comprehending and understanding its concepts, practices, and ideology, which simply isnt the case.
Understanding concepts doesn't mean you know what you are talking about.
Consider for a moment someone with an MBA working for a non-profit organization. This person doesnt need to be ACTIVELY making money to understand HOW TO make money. The same applies to 'game'.
This is a bad reference. Understanding "HOW TO" make money and "actively" making it are two different things. If it were as simple as understanding 'the concepts' behind how to make money, everybody would be rich because the concepts are very simple.
Whether you've recorded for 1 year or 1 decade, and dropped 3 singles or 3 albums, there comes a time when you can point out specific producers and say something to the effect of: "What this producer is doing isnt working for me, and, being the well-rounded artist i am, i have concerns of what they are capable of doing for others."
Anybody who believes that a guy who has been recording for a single year is on the same level as a guy who has been recording for 10 years is a complete idiot. Again, learning concepts and putting them to use are two completely different things. You can study up on the music industry all you want. Read as much as you want about recording and whatever else. The fact is that once you get your foot in the door and start working as a professional, you realize that you still don't really know jack shit! There is NO REPLACEMENT for EXPERIENCE thru trial & error.
Going back to the original subject at hand, in my belief, 'game' is a conglomoration of experience and knowledge (assuming nobody else offers up a better definition). Now, if one has enough knowledge of a particular aspect, what makes it impossible for the experience portion to NOT be intuitive and inherant?
What you are saying is the same as saying, 'if I read enough about the vietnam war, I will know what is was like to be there without actually ever being there myself.' Not quite. Reading books doesn't give you experience AT ALL. All it gives you is an explanation of someone elses views on the subject. That's NOT experience. That's NOT a replacement for experience.

There is vast amounts more that you don't know about this business than you do and theres no way to really learn that without living it.

Apr 25, 2002
Re: Re: Re: keep your thesaurus handy..hehe..

tadou said:
Knowledge cannot replace Experience; thats not what im trying to say. What im trying to say is that Knowledge is FAR MORE IMPORTANT than Experience.
Put it this way.... Say you have a guy who has been reading about how to engineer albums for 10 years. And one guy who has actually been doing it for 1 year. Who do you think is going to have more knowledge on the subject?

I agree that most of the time it's good to study up on something before you jump in but why do you think employers want you to have experience in a particular area before they hire you? Because whatever the fuck you learned in school, books, or whatever doesn't really mean jack shit until you have hands-on experience. What you learn from hands-on experience is usually far more important than anything you read because it's 'knowledge by practice & application'.

Knowlegde is a result of experience and you will have a better understanding if you gain knowledge thru your own personal experiences over time rather than simply picking up a book.

Hilltop Hound

CEO of Bow Wow Records
Apr 26, 2002
www.bwr2000.com
Sick Wid It put it correctly in his first statement. And despite all your rambling or justifications Tadou, you keep proving you don't really know shit but big words and how to type.

This is a game, so is life and everything you do. Some games are more serious than others. But it is about how you play them. There are rules. Some you are educated on, some you simply have to learn by experience (these are the kind you won't learn in a book).

At anyrate, if it's more than a game, get involved for real so you can get a real understanding bro. That way, you will see that noone is picking on you or as you say, riding your dick.

And Tadou, only people who are seriously involved in the game (or rap industry if you would prefer that better) truely understand what is really going on. Half the shit you see is purely propoganda and promotional gimmicks. In the music industry, noone is gonna just straight out teach you the game. Everyone has to eat. Have you heard the saying, "The game is to be sold, not told," because it applies well in the music world.

You can talk about knowledge but the only knowledge that will truely be useful is the knowledge gained by experience. Someone elses outlook on a situation will not be the same as yours, that's why you need knowledge from YOUR OWN PERSONAL VIEW.

Bow Wow’s Doggpound

Hilltop Hound

CEO of Bow Wow Records
Apr 26, 2002
www.bwr2000.com
If you had the doe, I'd bet you! But you don't so stop while you're ahead. What you learning doesn't mean shit, if it's not applied. And before I stop commenting on this subject, tell me this:
What are you gonna do when you run into several situations (not just one) that your little books and computer can't tell you how to handle?
The industry is more than THINKING you know how to talk to someone. The more you talk about how different you are, the more you sound like so many other dreamers I have encountered.
THE TRUTH IS THAT NOONE WANTS TO HEAR WHAT YOU (you being any rapper) HAVE TO SAY. THEY WANT TO SEE YOUR ACTIONS. WHAT YOU'VE DONE, WHAT YOU'VE EXPERIENCED, ETC. TALKING DOESN'T COVER THAT.
And to top it off, they may only give you 3 minutes of their time to tell them that before they shake the spot on you. Now that's experience you can't learn in a book. And there is more where that comes from.
Since you seem to think you know this industry so well, I will withold all the rest of my advice to you so I won't be wasting my breathe, my time, and my typing. I'm off to a post that's worth talking about.

Apr 25, 2002
Re: Everything you just said made sense...

tadou said:
Summary of this all....what im sayin is, the rap industry isnt an 'exclusive' game to learn; its all about applied knowledge; if you have a SUPERB memory (such as myself), and are an EXTREMELY QUICK learner (such as myself), then everything will fall into place 10x faster than it takes most people to figure out. Once you've trained yourself your whole LIFE to be a marketing and money-making machine, there arent many people out there that can PROVE to you that you dont know shit! I dont wanna learn chinese because i think it sounds funny...there's 1.5 billion people in that country! now THATS game...
Nobody has to put any effort into 'proving' that you don't know shit about how this business works. To be truthful, you have proven that about yourself over and over again in these posts you make. If things were as simple and easy as you claim they are for you, you would be ballin' like a mutha fucka right now. Not saving up money to buy turntables. Whatever languages you speak...that shit doesn't impress anyone. Whatever classes you take in community college, nobody gives a fuck. If you ever actually get into the music industry, you are in for a rude awakening.

I may not be putting in 'rap' work, per se....but rest assured...where 98% of rapper slash CEO's end is where i begin. Ive never experienced it, but i'd bet $10,000 that the reason why most labels cant get a good distribution deal is because their people dont know how to talk the right way. And thats what ive been training for my whole life...
This is just a straight up ignorant comment. Like DOG, I'ld bet you in a second if you had the money to put up. Don't underestimate these cats hustle. A lot of them got 1000x more hustle than you do and I would put $10,000 up on that anytime.

With that said...NW producers need to be puttin in more work, and asking for less $$.
NW producers need to put in more work and ask for less payment? Most of them let their music got for a few sorry ass hundred dollars as it is! How WORTHLESS do you THINK good music is man? I know plenty of NW producers who work their ass off and hardly get anything in return for it. Producers up here have been letting good and in some cases even HOT music go for insulting prices for long enough. NW producers need to start charging WHAT THEY ARE WORTH. All these so-called 'rappers' need to quit thinking they should get hot music for peanuts if not damn near free and quit acting like they are doing people some kind of favor for using their beats.

No offense intended but rappers come a dime a dozen. Good producers don't and great producers are a rarity. People bounce and party to hot beats, not acapellas. Everyone knows that if your beats ain't crackin, you can forget it. What does that tell you?

Hilltop Hound

CEO of Bow Wow Records
Apr 26, 2002
www.bwr2000.com
Re: Ooooh...that was some cold ass shit to say, dogg!

tadou said:
Every piece of advice you've ever said on this board is centered around one thing: An independent label trying to get distribution. Me personally, Ima say it like this....if talking is what matters most when it comes to stocks, politics, television, movies, attourneys and over 50 other billion/trillion dollar industries....how is the OFFICIAL "talk" music industry gonna be different??
Again, proving you don't know shit! I've had distribution before. That company went out of business and I have chosen to take the fully independent route since. I'm not seeking distribution right now but that's neither here nor there.
And for the records, talking doesn't matter in stocks, politics, TV, movies, or anything else if you don't have experience and some type of proof to back it up!
Talking too much can get you blackballed and ignored in most situations. You of all people should know that. Have you noticed that because you talk too much, noone on the siccness really cares what Tadou has to say?
tadou said:
Once you have mastered the arts of perception & calculation, these things come naturally. If you're just another person wandering the earth, thats good at one or two things, you might could find a way to sell a few records, and make a name for yourself. But if you dedicate yourself to the persuit of knowledge and understanding...the amount of records you can sell is infinate, and your name goes however far you want to take it....
Yeah, you should and put that crack down! You talking out the side of your neck! Most people problems come when they think they know everything. Noone will ever know everything, that's a proven fact.
tadou said:
The point is....1 year....5 years....10 years doesnt matter. Money is what matters. Experience doesnt mean SHIT...
Proving again that you don't know shit. If you don't have no money how you gonna get it? If you aint got experience, who's gonna give you money? And if you got money doesn't mean you're gonna get ahead, it only means you can pay to look like you're doing the right thing until the money runs out. The object is to make money, not spend it. But if you got experience in a particular field, someone will hire you so you can make money or even give you a loan because they feel your are able to get them their money back. I guess all your knowledge and foreign languages didn't teach you that.
tadou said:
Label growth dont mean SHIT...money matters. Now, answer me this one if you will. Who's gonna make more money: A lawyer (Psychologist + Statesman) put out 'in the streets' or a street hustler (Psychologist + Banker) put out 'in the streets'
You stupid fuck! What does this have to do with the matter at hand? There are all kind of directions this question can go, stick to your point! But the street hustler will make more on the streets because he has EXPERIENCE on making money on the streets! The lawyer makes his after you are taken off the streets because that's his area of EXPERTISE!
tadou said:
NOWWWWW...when you're in this mystical "music industry"...this is just a guess on my part....but im guessing these people can tell the (HUUUUGE) difference between lawyering a product and HUSTLING a product!!
I know this much, they can tell when you're full of shit and man you are up to your hairline in bullshit!
tadou said:
If all they cared about was your actions, then they would have you send them in (on a bio, or otherwise), and they wouldnt waste time talking to you....and in an industry BUILT on 'counting', TALKING AND THINKING is just as important as ANY album you could EVER make!!
Yet again, you prove you don't know shit! They do have you send them this type of information. And for your personal info, this is a standard. If you can't even send that in, they don't want to talk to you because they know you aint done shit. And they usually won't call you unless your ACTIONS are astonishing! So you must call them back to see if they even read your TALKING ON PAPER. And if you talk too much on your bio, etc. they just throw it away! They don't have time to listen to bullshit! They are businessmen. They handle business not just chew the fat with morons like yourself! They want to get right to business and begone.
tadou said:
I'd like to see more producers organizing compilations, AND making an attempt to gather the artists from the compilations together to throw shows. Its a win-win situation for all, but most producers lack the backbone to do it.
Who cares what you want? You aint paying nobody and you don't know shit! So do you think anyone really wants to hear you blab on something you know nothing about?

Bow Wow’s Doggpound