who yall think is the best on the beats

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
A lot of cats make decent beats but there ain't too many of them who are actual musicians. Meaning they can't sit down and really play the hell out of the keyboards (or whatever instrument). I personally just have more respect for people who actually know how to play (not that I don't respect the ones who can't) but I wouldn't call anyone 'the best'.

Hilltop Hound

CEO of Bow Wow Records
Apr 26, 2002
www.bwr2000.com
I think you may not have considered all the producers at hand Sick Wid It.

Bosko don't live in the NW but he is definitely the best and he can play instruments. He is a true musician.

Other true musicians/producers (meaning they can play a song on a piano or even several other instruments):
J-1
Johnathon C.
and Torry Ward

Great producers from this region:
Bosko
Torry Ward
Funk Daddy
Big Squeeze
Dubb Flexx
Johnathon C.
J-1
Vitamin D
Eugenius
They are not in a specific order. But all of these guys are hot!

Apr 25, 2002
You kinda helped prove my point. The list of people who can actually play is a lot shorter than the list of ones who can't. There's a LOT of people who make beats around here (almost too many to list), just not a lot of actual musicians. That doesn't say anything bad or good about anyone. I've read tons of posts from people saying how much they like Khayree's beats because they sound more 'musicial' than most other peoples.

I heard a few r&b cuts Johnathan did that were pretty nice. J-1 is just plain filthy as a mutha fucka. Vitamin D got a nice little buzz goin' for himself, I've heard his name mentioned probably 5 times in the last few weeks. I haven't heard anything from Eugene in a while, whats that cat been working on?

Hilltop Hound

CEO of Bow Wow Records
Apr 26, 2002
www.bwr2000.com
Sick Wid It said:
I haven't heard anything from Eugene in a while, whats that cat been working on?
Just more beats to my knowledge. He reached out and touched me the other day. He tried to send me some beats over the internet, unfortunately he had a virus on his computer and the files were infected. I told him of this and haven't heard back since. I'm sure he still has more heat. He has been back and forth in the town alot lately.

Jun 20, 2002
its more than money

im wit old boy on the music thing some cats are good but if they took this music serious and looked at past the money on some i love what i do type shit and this is me we would have alot more gurillas behind the boards im just happy cats is out here doin it maybe one day Washington will get the respect we deserve in this game

Hilltop Hound

CEO of Bow Wow Records
Apr 26, 2002
www.bwr2000.com
Re: its more than money

Double E said:
im wit old boy on the music thing some cats are good but if they took this music serious and looked at past the money on some i love what i do type shit and this is me we would have alot more gurillas behind the boards im just happy cats is out here doin it maybe one day Washington will get the respect we deserve in this game
You obviously aint got no experience. Most of these guys are serious as hell and they do love what they do. Too serious and they hungry for the opportunity to shine. Aint too many cats out here eating well off beats only. They paying the bills off of it but they aint cashing in on new cars if you feel where I'm coming from.
You have to look at the other side of the coin. MPC3000, Triton, Trinity, quality microphones, and studio time aint free! Cats don't pay the bills by giving away their talent!
And for the records, Sic Wid It was only saying that they don't actually play the piano, or can get down on a guitar. That doesn't mean anything to the effect of cats being shitty so they can't make beats.
I hate when a cat who has never really gotten his feet wet in the game decides to get outspoken on something he has nothing to speak about.
You need to get in the game FOR REAL and then I'll want to hear if you feel the same way you yapping about now.

Apr 25, 2002
Yup, Dog is right. Most of these cats are damn serious about what they do! One of the biggest problems I see out here is people act scared to spend money (*cough* people wanting hot beats damn near for free *cough* pro-atheletes and other big money fish who talk a LOT of shit but always have an excuse when its time to write a check). They act scared to make money. Scared to take chances. Theres a few cats who are havin' their bread but thats a short list and the ones flippin' the 2002 trucks ain't paying for it off music.

Theres a lot that can be said about this place and why shit ain't really crackin' the way it could be but thats a whole different conversation!

Back to the beats... Like I said, there's a LOT of cats around who make decent-to-good beats, some who make great beats and a few who are impressive when it comes to actually being able to play instrument(s). There is certainly some talent around town but it's just not being utilized the right way to take advantage of the potential.

Jun 20, 2002
Hes Excited HAHA im laughin at you DOGG

damn homie are you just not feelin me you know what that is dont you i know but im not tripin im not as new to this game as you think homie no album that is true i have played the cut for a min but i gurantee every track i do will smash any track you ever touch and we can BET money let the people of the state judge i wasnt gonna come at you homie because i respect your work ethic but now you have asked for the beast this is all music to me its about ridin beats bein original past the features past the album cover even past the gimmicks you gotta be nice if you really wanna play and i really wanna play i aint no kid im 23 and i have been spittin like 9 so you do the math homie see all i was tryn to say is i got peeps who do this and we do this out the love its not all about a dolla

Hilltop Hound

CEO of Bow Wow Records
Apr 26, 2002
www.bwr2000.com
Re: Hes Excited HAHA im laughin at you DOGG

Double E said:
damn homie are you just not feelin me you know what that is dont you i know but im not ........but i gurantee every track i do will smash any track you ever touch and we can BET money let the people of the state judge i wasnt gonna come at you homie because i respect your work ethic but now you have asked for the beast this is all music to me its about ridin beats bein original past the features past the album cover even past the gimmicks you gotta be nice if you really wanna play and i really wanna play i aint no kid im 23 and i have been spittin like 9 so you do the math homie see all i was tryn to say is i got peeps who do this and we do this out the love its not all about a dolla
Yeah, I know what it is, it's me giving you some REAL game about the industry. Noone is trying to bust your balls but I'm not gonna sugar coat the truth neither, ya dig?
If you don't have an album, you are new because you still haven't experienced half the game when it comes to trying to eat off this music industry. Anybody can rap for 9 years, the question is have you invested your life's savings for 9 years? Have you made it back? I didn't think so. See it's easy to dream but until you invest a sufficient amount of money you won't even be able to see past what I call ARTIST VISION and that's real talk.
There is a reason most artist only come out with one or two CDs from around here and that's because after they spend the doe, they realize the game is WAY HARDER than they dreamed.
Points you should realize:
#1. About your statement of smashing anything I do, that's a personal opinion and I'm not gonna entertain that. AS far as letting the people judge, I've already won because you don't have a CD to judge. You don't even have a release date. So you may want to keep your money in your pocket.
#2. Who said it wasn't music to me? I gave you uncut truths and you get emotional. And what does your age have to do with it?
#3. You're the only one screaming cats doing it for the money. You aint FULLY in the game so you can't possibly know what peeps who are FULLY in the game are doing or thinking. You been rapping for 9 yrs. but you aint been spending doe on your dream for 9 yrs., so basically you been dreaming for 9 yrs. I do it all for the love as well but I'm also a BUSINESSMAN, get it. That means I run a business in this rap game (a successful one at that). You need to do the same instead of getting your panties in a bunch. I wish you the best on your project, if it ever comes out.

CHECK OUT THE NEWLY REVAMPED WEBSITE
The Bow Wow Records Forum
PURCHASE TALES OF A G ONLINE
Free Downloads of Mr. D.O.G.
Free Downloads of Mac Money
Free Downloads of Big Squeeze

Jun 20, 2002
I got him scared of the new kid

dont worry about me and how i spend doe homie i never really wanted to press an album it wasnt that serious homie i was spitten just to spit but now im a man and i have played the cut long enough so dont trip on what i do but you can bet that when i smash you out on a track you will remember dogg or should i call you MR your style is a joke i cracked some of your cuts on MP3 and you are a joke and what i saw in you wasnt real game it was fear homie the new kid on the block got you SPOOKED hahaha and im still laughin at you so sit back and think hard about what you gonna say to me next DOGG HAHAHAHAHAHA MR funny man your business dont mean shit to me when you are trash on the mic i already said i respect how you did your thing but your music is garbage so thats that

Hilltop Hound

CEO of Bow Wow Records
Apr 26, 2002
www.bwr2000.com
Re: I got him scared of the new kid

@ Tadou: I guess you can relate to him because yall both dream about the industry but don't actually participate.
Double E said:
dont worry about me and how i spend doe homie i never really wanted to press an album ........but you can bet that when i smash you out on a track you will remember dogg or should i call you MR your style is a joke i cracked some of your cuts on MP3 and you are a joke and what i saw in you wasnt real game it was fear homie the new kid on the block got you SPOOKED .....MR funny man your business dont mean shit to me when you are trash on the mic i already said i respect how you did your thing but your music is garbage
#1. I'm not worried about you or scared. There is too much money in this music industry to worry about anyone. What you do or dream of doing is not gonna effect me making mine, so dream on.
#2. Thanks for your criticism. You can't please everybody all the time. Obviously you've been waiting to get this hate off your chest so let it out. It's healthier that way.
#3. If my business don't mean shit to you, why do you respect it?
Why don't you stop while you're ahead before you continue to contradict yourself.
And by the way, I'm selling CDs? Are you? And I hope you trying to smash me on a track isn't your way of trying to get attention. If so, that's lame. I'm not gonna make you famous, you're not worth dissing on a track. You're not even worth dissing. This convo isn't that serious.
Who is Jake One?

May 15, 2002
www.chazz-rokk.com
Re: Re: I got him scared of the new kid

Hilltop Hound said:

Who is Jake One?
he does mad stuff with boombap project. and folks out east.

word on the streets is he sold 2 beats to Dr. Dre for $20,000 a piece.

and also is doing shit for Talib Kweli's new joint.

i dont think he is much of ur style tho, he makes organic type hip hop.

Notes

Sicc OG
May 2, 2002
www.streetlevelrecords.com
Hilltop Hound said:

Great producers from this region:
Bosko
Torry Ward
Funk Daddy
Big Squeeze
Dubb Flexx
Johnathon C.
J-1
Vitamin D
Eugenius
They are not in a specific order. But all of these guys are hot!
A few more to add to that list are Beezie 2000, Mr. D-Sane, Syko, Mike Wingo, and R.C.

Apr 25, 2002
ther are too many out ther to list right here, but my favorites are Mr. D-Sane, Mr. E, & D3fmade, Mo love & Sir Moj, Syko, also tha producers over at Emerald City Records, Big Squeeze. . .and many more

Hilltop Hound

CEO of Bow Wow Records
Apr 26, 2002
www.bwr2000.com
Notes said:
A few more to add to that list are Beezie 2000, Mr. D-Sane, Syko, Mike Wingo, and R.C.
You are right about all those. I don't know how I forgot Beezie 2000, D-Sane, Syko, or Mike Wingo. Especially Mike, since he has done tracks for me before.
As far as R.C. wasn't really feeling his album BUT Lil Kriz lit up the scene on his track. He's getting tighter I see.

Hilltop Hound

CEO of Bow Wow Records
Apr 26, 2002
www.bwr2000.com
Re: Re: Re: I got him scared of the new kid

Chazz Rokk said:
he does mad stuff with boombap project. and folks out east.
word on the streets is he sold 2 beats to Dr. Dre for $20,000 a piece.......and also is doing shit for Talib Kweli's new joint......i dont think he is much of ur style tho, he makes organic type hip hop.
Cool. I had heard his name before but never met him and wasn't sure what he had produced. The Boom Bap album was tight. And don't be so quick to prejudge me or my style. I'll probably be surprising you on a track or two on Diabolical Deeds. Like I told you, I like Vitamin D and he makes beats like that too.
That's tight if he sold Dre some beats and even better that he may be doing shit for Kweli. I wish that man the best of luck and hope to learn more about him in the near future

Jun 20, 2002
Im not mad i promise

the respect come from the fact that you most likely come from nothing and turned in to something i respect that... You makin me famous wont happen you cant make yourself famous you still out here tryn to blow so what you sell CDs you pressed 4 or 5 albums and you probably aint move more that 20 thousand units all together so lets be real you gonna be sellin CDs for the next 10 years and you still aint gonna be shit you can ask your peeps about me and se what they tell you about E im a monster and the convo may not be serious but you wanted to hop on my dick and i just sai8d that cats should do it for more than just money i guess you fit the script on that one thats why you came at me that way so im gonna end it wit best of luck to you in all you do PEACE