Who is the Best Rap Group of All Time?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 21, 2002
Sacramento, CA
1st NWA - My choice simply based on the fact that they changed the face of hip hop forever. Though not the first gangsta rappas (that would be someone like Ice T) it is them that are universally recognised as such).

2nd RUN DMC - THE pioneers (not the first rap group but, they're often perceived that way).

3rd Public Enemy - (the birth of political rap. I can't believe non ya'll youngin never mentioned them even once).

If you wanna take it even further...Ice Cube was the lyrical powerhouse behind this group. You could say he is the father of almost all modern rap music.

Mr. D-Sane

Sicc OG, muthafucka
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle
www.streetlevelrecords.com
Deep Thought said:
1st NWA - My choice simply based on the fact that they changed the face of hip hop forever. Though not the first gangsta rappas (that would be someone like Ice T) it is them that are universally recognised as such).

2nd RUN DMC - THE pioneers (not the first rap group but, they're often perceived that way).

3rd Public Enemy - (the birth of political rap. I can't believe non ya'll youngin never mentioned them even once).

If you wanna take it even further...Ice Cube was the lyrical powerhouse behind this group. You could say he is the father of almost all modern rap music.
Very nice choices DT. Public Enemy was one that I should have remembered but didn't. Chuck D is hella cool.....I had the pleasure of attending a lecture he did a while back here at my colloge.

KRS-ONE and BDP would also make my list.

I was also going to mention the Geto Boys. They started the South as far as I'm concerned.....mainstream-wise anywayz. Catz that live over that way might beg to differ.......but that's who I heard first way over here in Seattle........."call me, call me.....call me the gangsta of love!!" That was my shit! Damn.......those were the days.......

May 12, 2002
To add to my earlier post and to round out my top 5, I gotta add the Click. My list in order

1. NWA
2. Geto Boys
3. Boogie Down Productions
4. Comptons Most Wanted
5. The Click