Which UFC champion is most likely to lose his title in 2009?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Which UFC champion is most likely to lose his title in 2009?

• Brock Lesnar

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Rashad Evans

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Anderson Silva

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Georges St. Pierre

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • B.J. Penn

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 12, 2004
Hate to say it, but Rashad. That belt belongs to Rampage. I don't see any heavyweight beating Brock at this point. GSP will have a tough fight in Thiago Alves(I hope Thiago wins) but I think GSP will just out wrestle him. Anderson Silva is the king that division and BJ Penn is a monster at 155.

Feb 7, 2006
Hate to say it, but Rashad. That belt belongs to Rampage. I don't see any heavyweight beating Brock at this point.
WHAT ABOUT GABE GONZAGA, SHANE CARWIN, CAIN VELASQUEZ ect. I do not believe he will hold on to the belt for long. As for Rampage he has to be keith jardine first to get that title shot. Obviously Jardine is the underdog but he is very good with his kicking. On paper Page should have no problem but I believe Jardine is going to be a very tough fight for Rampage.

Feb 12, 2004
Out of all those guys only one that poses a serious threat IMO is Shane Carwin. Dude is legit and will be fighting for the title soon if he keeps winning. Cain Velasquez is good but not ready at this moment. Brock is just an insane freak of nature for anyone to deal with and his wrestling just isn't fair. I can see him GNPing all of those guys np.

On keith vs page I think rampage will dominate him the entire fight. Keith Jardine with his sloppy ass striking is going to get lit up. Quinton Jackson is a really good boxer(offense and defense especially) and is the hardest hitter in the 205 division.

Feb 7, 2006
Out of all those guys only one that poses a serious threat IMO is Shane Carwin. Dude is legit and will be fighting for the title soon if he keeps winning. Cain Velasquez is good but not ready at this moment. Brock is just an insane freak of nature for anyone to deal with and his wrestling just isn't fair. I can see him GNPing all of those guys np.

On keith vs page I think rampage will dominate him the entire fight. Keith Jardine with his sloppy ass striking is going to get lit up. Quinton Jackson is a really good boxer(offense and defense especially) and is the hardest hitter in the 205 division.
Yes but Carwin is a wrestler just like Brock and is the same height and weight and has devastating ko power too. Gonzaga is a huge threat to Brock if it hitts the ground and his striking should not be underestimated either.
Keiths striking is unorthodox but still effective look what he did to chuck that was a complete domination. Rampage does have the edge in boxing but this is not boxing this is MMA and Jardine has some nasty kicks especially to the legs and body. Even tho I thought Forrest win over page was a robbery he was hurting page with the leg kicks and Jardine is a better kicker then forrest and if he cant take away rampages boxing, avoid getting taken down then page is in trouble.

Feb 7, 2006
I don't think theres anyone left to challenge him for the belt. Maybe Maia? Maybe he gets lucky and gets the fight to the ground and wins with a slick submission. But I highly doubt it.
I don't see maia subing anderson especially if anderson is training with jacare, and andre glavo. as for anderson loosing the belt this year I got to say no I do see him retiring undefeated in the ufc.

Jan 2, 2004
Yes but Carwin is a wrestler just like Brock and is the same height and weight and has devastating ko power too. Gonzaga is a huge threat to Brock if it hitts the ground and his striking should not be underestimated either.
Keiths striking is unorthodox but still effective look what he did to chuck that was a complete domination. Rampage does have the edge in boxing but this is not boxing this is MMA and Jardine has some nasty kicks especially to the legs and body. Even tho I thought Forrest win over page was a robbery he was hurting page with the leg kicks and Jardine is a better kicker then forrest and if he cant take away rampages boxing, avoid getting taken down then page is in trouble.
Keith didn't dominate Chuck... That fight was pretty close.. it was a split decision wasn't it?

And I see Jardine getting KTFO in the first round. He has recently been knocked out by fighters with far less power than Rampage.. Don't see Jardine providing much of a threat to him.

I actually think Gonzaga is the biggest threat to Lesnar. I think Lesnar would handle Carwin. As I believe he's a better wrestler, but Gonzaga is a good striker and has a slick ground game. Though, Mir could give him trouble too with a slick submission in a bit. We'll see how Lesnar handles Mir and then i can make a clearer decision on where he is as a fighter right now. Lesnar got two pretty favorable matchups in a row.. A great submission guy like Mir, Nog and Gonzaga could still give him problems.

and I don't see Evans beating Machida or Rampage, so either way I think he's gonna lose the title.

May 10, 2002
I'm going to go out on a limb and say Anderson Silva

Just on the idea that someone is going to get lucky and catch him.

Random thought:

If Rampage gets by Jardine and Rashad beats Rampage, Rashad will officially be the most hated man in the UFC.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
not if he keeps KOing cans lol. I used to hate Kos but lately he seems like he's grown up so I'm starting to like him more.

I voted Rashad since I think the 1 (Page) and 2 (Lyoto) contenders would both beat him. But Mir also has a good shot against Brock, as well as K-Flo against BJ. I think Alves is cutting too much weight and his fight with GSP will be similar to the BJ fight. We'll see how Anderson looks against Leites in April and I think that'll be a good indicator for how he'd fair against Maia, and imo Maia and Hendo are the only threats at middleweight now that Mousasi said he wants to go to LHW since I was hoping UFC would sign him after Anderson cleans out the division by the end of the year.

May 10, 2002
koscheck will hold that title as most hated
I dunno man ...

I look at Rashad as a spoiler. He's beating all the big time fan favorites. Listen to the crowds after he beat Chuck and Forrest

I forget if it was the last PPV or the last Fight Night, but Rashad was there and when they showed him on the big screen the whole crowd booed him, lol

Feb 7, 2006
@Robby2Slobby It was ruled a split but I disagree with that although Chuck did start out good in the first and then Jardine took over. He rocked chuck and was close to Koing him. since he was unable to Ko him he started to attack chucks body and especially chucks legs breaking him down and making chuck tired.

Jan 2, 2004
@Robby2Slobby It was ruled a split but I disagree with that although Chuck did start out good in the first and then Jardine took over. He rocked chuck and was close to Koing him. since he was unable to Ko him he started to attack chucks body and especially chucks legs breaking him down and making chuck tired.
I mean, yeah. I think Jardine won. But it was a 2-1 fight, round wise.. Wouldn't call that domination.

Feb 7, 2006
I mean, yeah. I think Jardine won. But it was a 2-1 fight, round wise.. Wouldn't call that domination.
Chuck never knocked jardine down in that fight at all. But Keith was able to rock and knock chuck down and he took over the rest of the first round. Had chuck knocked keith down then I would agree that it was a split. re-watch the fight I watch that fight and keith was out striking chuck which is why I would call it a domination of chuck.