When Do People Lose All Credibility In Your Book When It Comes To Hip Hop?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 30, 2006
I remember a few yearz back I was talking with my ex-wifes cousin. He's alwayz watching hip hop videos & listening 2 rap music so from that u would expect him 2 know something about rap music.

So we were having a friendly debate & I told him that I was a huge Brotha Lynch fan. He said that Fabulous was hella tight & Fabulous would rip Lynch with ONE verse. I was completly thru with ol' boy from that point on. He lost any kind of credibility in my book when it came 2 rap music. I know everyone has there own opinion but that was just some real dumb shit to say with a str8 face.

So what type of shit do people say to you to where they lose all credibility in your book when it comez 2 hip hop??

Oct 6, 2005
Hmmm... When a fool who bumps Aesop Rock or Sage Francis tells me The Clipse are weak (cause they're on MTV) or Quik doesn't have beats (cause he doesn't use samples)... Or any off brand comment backpackers make when talking about 'mainstream' rap... I can't fuck with 'em no more...

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
The Evil Genius said:
I remember a few yearz back I was talking with my ex-wifes cousin. He's alwayz watching hip hop videos & listening 2 rap music so from that u would expect him 2 know something about rap music.

So we were having a friendly debate & I told him that I was a huge Brotha Lynch fan. He said that Fabulous was hella tight & Fabulous would rip Lynch with ONE verse. I was completly thru with ol' boy from that point on. He lost any kind of credibility in my book when it came 2 rap music. I know everyone has there own opinion but that was just some real dumb shit to say with a str8 face.

So what type of shit do people say to you to where they lose all credibility in your book when it comez 2 hip hop??
so basically you're saying when people don't agree with who you think are dope and who isn't then they lose all hip hop credibility in your book? anyone who doesn't think fabalous can't rap needs to re-evaluate their "hip hop knowledge". that man is one of the best at wordplay & patterns, so what that 90% of his songs are for beezies, that foo busts hard on other tracks

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
according to what i have seen from this forum...most people's should got something like this:

"when somebody doesnt like somebody i like"

May 30, 2006
I don't expect everyone 2 like what I like. Thatz just not realistic. But for a nigga 2 sit up & say that Fab can murder Lynch with one verse was some shit I'd expect an 11 year would say, not a grown ass man thatz not retarded. He was serious when he said it too. Even though I feel Lynch iz a lot better on the mic I wouldn't sit up & say he would rip Fab on the mic with just one verse. I'd atleast give Fab enough props 2 expect him 2 put up a lyrical fight.

Apr 4, 2004
www.myspace.com
The Evil Genius said:
I don't expect everyone 2 like what I like. Thatz just not realistic. But for a nigga 2 sit up & say that Fab can murder Lynch with one verse was some shit I'd expect an 11 year would say, not a grown ass man thatz not retarded. He was serious when he said it too. Even though I feel Lynch iz a lot better on the mic I wouldn't sit up & say he would rip Fab on the mic with just one verse. I'd atleast give Fab enough props 2 expect him 2 put up a lyrical fight.
I Mean U Like Lynch For Ur Reasons, Another Might Hate Him For That... It Just Depends On Whats Ur Opinion Of What An MC Is, I Bet He Felt That Way Too When U Said U Liked Lynch.. I Mean Some People Just Dont Feel That West Coast Flow Anymore.. When U & Me Hear Brotha Lynch, We Thinkin He A Beast In The Booth, Another Dude Is Gonna Think He's That Fast Rap Blah Blah Type Shit.. But I Do The Same Shit Too.. I Dont Be Taken People Serious When They Say Certain Shit.. But Then Later On I Realize Its Just Opinion.. Basically The Question Is Do We Have Closed Or Open Minds??

Stealth

May 8, 2002
I've only met one person in my life who has a taste in rap music that I respect. Anyone else with credibility IMO is on the Siccness. Most of the people I associate with don't have respect for hip hop. They just like the stuff on the radio. I can't say they lost credibility in my book cuz they never had it in the first place.

May 30, 2006
Like I said before.......... dude acted like Lynch wouldn't stand a chance against Fab. Thatz what fucked me up. But anywayz............

People lose credibility in my book when they use the word "classic" way too loosley. Everything good to them iz a "classic".

When people say shit like "if that artist is so tight then why aren't they on the radio or BET"

@ nob0die...... that song Lynch did on the Bout It soundtrack was the best song on the soundtrack. U trippin homie.

Feb 8, 2003
Lynch can flow whoever said he couldnt is just hating or bias. Lynch is one of the oldest(age) in the game but at the same time he always spit fresh original tight shit. Loaded was a master piece and it dropped after that bout it soundtrack. Shit Ebk 4 was some recycled shit but still was dope

May 21, 2002
ive learnt over the years people got some weird tastes and things appeal to us all for different reasons. its fair to say theres some people im on a similar page to, theres some people who's opnions i respect even if i dont share them and theres some people with a straight up shitty ear for good music. but i keep my mouth shut, its not important what the next man likes as long as i enjoy jammin music i feel i leave everybody else to themselves.

May 30, 2006
You make a good point Mak. But to me when I hear cats like 50 & Yayo acting like G-Unit iz so this & that just because of record sales tto me thatz corny. I know itz all about selling units when your in the rap game but they act like that shit equalz better music when it doesn't.

When Lil Wayne said he was the best rapper alive I sat back & thought 2 myself "damn, he must of flew all the way to Amsterdan or Jamaica 2 get ahold of that weed cuz he must be high".

Apr 20, 2005
i hate it when people compare 2pac to Biggie.

Biggie = 3 albums VS. 2Pac = 14 albums

2Pac had way too much shit to rap about. I never heard Tupac spit some wack shit. He had some wack beats but his lyrics 98.7% made up for them.

Stop saying Biggie was better than Pac. Biggie was tight though, but 2Pac is the greatest.

Aug 7, 2006
8FIVE8 said:
i hate it when people compare 2pac to Biggie.

Biggie = 3 albums VS. 2Pac = 14 albums

2Pac had way too much shit to rap about. I never heard Tupac spit some wack shit. He had some wack beats but his lyrics 98.7% made up for them.

Stop saying Biggie was better than Pac. Biggie was tight though, but 2Pac is the greatest.
i wouldnt say 2pac was the greatest. but i feel you when people talk about who better biggie or 2pac i hate that shit

honestly i have 2 biggie albums (ready to die, born again) and 3 2pac albums (all eyes on me, 2pacalypse now, and strictly 4 my niggaz) to me there equall in the game i honestly bump biggie more but its 2 different styles to me