What's The Appeal Of...Screwed & Chopped Music??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.nightshield.net
Screwed & Chopped Music? I'm a big fan of southern hip hop, prolly my fav genre overall, but I cant see any appeal to the screwed & chopped shit. It just sounds like slowed down garbage to me or fucked up versions of dope songs. Can someone explain this to me that likes Screwed & Chopped music?

Jul 7, 2004
Night Shield said:
Screwed & Chopped Music? I'm a big fan of southern hip hop, prolly my fav genre overall, but I cant see any appeal to the screwed & chopped shit. It just sounds like slowed down garbage to me or fucked up versions of dope songs. Can someone explain this to me that likes Screwed & Chopped music?

to be real witcha mayne....if you aint feelin it like you say and you cant see no appeal to it, then i really dont understand what anyone should try to explain to you, i mean it is what it is, and if you aint feelin it then thats that knowmsayin

Aug 4, 2005
www.flossalini.com
What does South Dakota have to offer? The South has Screwed & Chopped, The West is just Gangsta... plus we got that Nor Cal Hyphy/Go Dumb Music. East has always been the East... what is the sound happening in South Dakota? Explain what you expect and maybe someone can give you a better answer. The Science of Screw music is Sizzurp... If you ever had some... then you'd understand. Ever been to Rave or around people thizzin while you were sober? It's similar...

Feb 14, 2004
i don't really like screwed and chopped music either. i mean i ilke when the beat is slowed with the vocals regular, but not both slowed.

Feb 5, 2005

I CAN UNDERSTAND WHY U FEEL DAT WAY AN START'D DIS THREAD..

CUZ TRUTH B TOLD, SINCE DJ SCREW DIED ALOT OF CATZ DONT CHOP/SCREW SHIT RIGHT.....

ONLY A FEW OF'EM DO IT RIGHT ( AN YES DERE IZ A RIGHT WAY 2 DO IT )....

N-E TRU FAN OF SOUF MUSIC AN ESPECIALLY DA CHOP/SCREW WILL TELL U DAT !

FEW CATz DO'N IT PROP'R AN MOST OF'EM GOT IT SOUND'N LIKE ITz SHOULD.....

- GEEzUz

Apr 25, 2002
www.nightshield.net
Flossalini said:
What does South Dakota have to offer? The South has Screwed & Chopped, The West is just Gangsta... plus we got that Nor Cal Hyphy/Go Dumb Music. East has always been the East... what is the sound happening in South Dakota? Explain what you expect and maybe someone can give you a better answer. The Science of Screw music is Sizzurp... If you ever had some... then you'd understand. Ever been to Rave or around people thizzin while you were sober? It's similar...
What does the music scene in South Dakota have to do with me not seeing the appeal to screw music? I'm just wondering for the folks who like it, why they like it. I understand that syrup has something to do with it but if the only way you can dig it is having to be under the influence, why is it so popular? I'm just curious, I'm not trying to offend people.

Oct 10, 2005
^^^^intoxticated ppl will feel it cuz they already feelin slow-moe u feel me?

smoke a fatass blunt of that south dakota, drink some robitussin and download dj screw- chapter 1 done deal

Apr 25, 2002
I used to ask the same questions that Night Shield did. I still am not a big fan of Chopped & Screwed but I see why some people like it. There's one chopped & screwed song I love, the "Anything" by Devin the Dude chopped and screwed sounds Amazing.

Here's why I like that chopped & screwed song:
You can hear the little tiny intracacies of the music a little more when it is slowed down like that. On that Devin track slowed down it's like I can digest every single little atom in that track.

But for the most part I don't like it. But ^ could be a reason why some people do.

Jul 7, 2004
xpanther206 said:
I used to ask the same questions that Night Shield did. I still am not a big fan of Chopped & Screwed but I see why some people like it. There's one chopped & screwed song I love, the "Anything" by Devin the Dude chopped and screwed sounds Amazing.

You can hear the little tiny intracacies of the music a little more when it is slowed down like that. On that Devin track slowed down it's like I can digest every single little atom in that track.

But for the most part I don't like it. But ^ could be a reason why some people do.

im pretty sure i was the first person ever to do that song....i did it the first day i got my hands on the track....several months before the album dropped......

http://chopped-n-dropped.com/BigWrecc-Anything2004.mp3

peep it...its worth a download definently.....i mixed a few th9ings in that bitch see if you know what it is.,...

Jul 7, 2004
xpanther206 said:

im pretty sure i was the first person ever to do that song....i did it the first day i got my hands on the track....several months before the album dropped......

peep it...its worth a download definently.....i mixed some throwed shit in there if you know what it is call it out....

Aug 31, 2002
www.soundclick.com
BigWrecc - LSE said:

peep it...its worth a download definently.....i mixed some throwed shit in there if you know what it is call it out....
track sounds clean...sound very similar to how mine sound..."anything" sound so throwed screwed up and slowed down

jyeaya

Oct 1, 2002
www.soundclick.com
it's just a southside thang. screw music is no different than indians chanting around a fire. it's a culture and a movement. no different than krump'n. a sprit thang. it gives you that out of body experience.

Aug 9, 2002
Night Shield said:
It just sounds like slowed down garbage to me or fucked up versions of dope songs. Can someone explain this to me that likes Screwed & Chopped music?
\

you got da right not to like it but dont plex by calling it "garbage"....

with SCREW its like this...either you LOVE it or HATE it.....& like homie said it deppends on who does it like 90% of dj's that try are just WACK at it....

Jun 5, 2004
i like a little bit of chopped and screwed music, i think its cool, but i wouldnt buy a whole album of it.

i think my fav chopped & screwed song is that3-6/lil flip rainbow colors.

Jan 6, 2003
I love them good old DJ Screw albums 3 n da mornin and all screwed up. It is hard to explain exactly why, but I feel DJ screw took the tracks and brought them to another dimension, uncomparable to the original paced tracks. It is just something about the whole mood on a DJ Screw record that appeals to me. And yes I have listened to it both sober and under da influence and they even sound better UDI.
Take a seat, sit down in a good fat-ass chair, put your feet high and put on a DJ Screw album, it's incredible. Maybe you have to give it a little time and make the style grow a bit on you but it is well worth the time invested.
I don't care about the copycats nowadays, though.