What movie did you just watch and what did you think?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 18, 2003

3/10

My lady chose it and I thought I would at least get something similar to Emily Rose. Not even close. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that something could have been done with this script had it been in the right hands, but it was awful all the way across the board. Looked very low budget and amateur. There were certain ideas that seemed to have some promise, but nothing could save it.

Jul 27, 2009

3/10

My lady chose it and I thought I would at least get something similar to Emily Rose. Not even close. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that something could have been done with this script had it been in the right hands, but it was awful all the way across the board. Looked very low budget and amateur. There were certain ideas that seemed to have some promise, but nothing could save it.
lol why do they have all of them names up there like they're all huge actors or something?

Mar 18, 2003
lol why do they have all of them names up there like they're all huge actors or something?
Haha. All I would have needed to see was this cover to know it was gonna suck. I mean, that chick can't even act in a still photo. Look at her trying to be scared while half smiling. Seriously? The only character in this film that was worth watching is the chick all the way to the right, Shannon Woodward. She was decent acting & looking.

Apr 25, 2002
has anyone seen the movie catfish..that was an original and wierd movie

Catfish

Not much I can say about this movie without spoilers. I saw the trailer for this and thought it would be one kind of movie, which is why I watched it, and it turned out to be a different kind of movie, which was a bit of a let down because I had expected different. Given my expectations were dashed I still found this to be a pretty good movie. Definately one that needs to be seen all the way through, but I didn't have any problem getting there. I'm rating this as low as I did because I expected something different, had I not I'd probably give it a 3. 2.75 out of 5

infinity

( o )( o )
May 4, 2005
UOENO, CA
after true romance im gonna watch the rest of "written by tarantino" from the 90s. he was on a fuckin roll forreal.

1992 Reservoir Dogs (own it. 9.8/10)
1993 True Romance (just watched. 9.7/10)
1994 Pulp Fiction
1994 Natural Born Killers
1996 From Dusk Till Dawn
1997 Jackie Brown

ive seen pulp, natural, and jackie in the past but i dont remember shit. i bet they are all dope

Jul 27, 2009
he tried to take his name off the natural born killers project after oliver stone put his spin on it. but natural born killers is a definate 9.5/10 to me
yeah NBK was dope. I guess he was just mad that they were fucking with his work. i think he was kinda mad that they kinda changed up True Romance. his version was non chronological and ****SPOILER**** Clarence dies in the end

but i think he was okay with it since it was the first script he had ever sold

as for any of the Tarantino you posted infinity, you cant go wrong with any of them

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
after true romance im gonna watch the rest of "written by tarantino" from the 90s. he was on a fuckin roll forreal.

1994 Pulp Fiction
1996 From Dusk Till Dawn
1997 Jackie Brown

ive seen pulp, natural, and jackie in the past but i dont remember shit. i bet they are all dope
From Dusk Till Dawn really isn't lol.

Jan 9, 2009
yeah NBK was dope. I guess he was just mad that they were fucking with his work. i think he was kinda mad that they kinda changed up True Romance. his version was non chronological and ****SPOILER**** Clarence dies in the end

but i think he was okay with it since it was the first script he had ever sold

as for any of the Tarantino you posted infinity, you cant go wrong with any of them
dont post spoilers you fucking asshole.

Apr 25, 2002

It’s Kind of a Funny Story

It really wasn’t much of a funny story. Acting was decent. Story wasn’t bad. Cute little teen hipster movie with Zach Galifinakis in it. Not much of anything here. I found it enjoyable enough to finish. I think anyone who has experienced depression or mental illness of some kind can relate to at least some part of this movie so I’d hazard a guess the wirter(s) have too. I wouldn’t tell anyone to go out of their way to see this, but wouldn’t tell you to avoid it either. 2.75 out of 5

Sep 29, 2003

It’s Kind of a Funny Story

It really wasn’t much of a funny story. Acting was decent. Story wasn’t bad. Cute little teen hipster movie with Zach Galifinakis in it. Not much of anything here. I found it enjoyable enough to finish. I think anyone who has experienced depression or mental illness of some kind can relate to at least some part of this movie so I’d hazard a guess the wirter(s) have too. I wouldn’t tell anyone to go out of their way to see this, but wouldn’t tell you to avoid it either. 2.75 out of 5
very accurate review

infinity said:

1994 Pulp Fiction
1996 From Dusk Till Dawn
1997 Jackie Brown

a lot of people hate on Jackie Brown....but that is probably my 3rd favorite of Tarantino's work behind Pulp Fiction and Inglourious Basterds. Plus, the Blu-Ray remastering is stunning....Sam Jacksons curl is impeccable

Jul 27, 2009

Million Dollar Baby. i hadnt seen it since like '06 so i didnt remember much. but it was great IMO. great performances by Clint, Hilary Swank, and Morgan Freeman. Clint was on a roll in the early 2000's with Mystic River, Million Dollar Baby, Flags Of Our Fathers, and Letters From Iwo Jima. 5/5