What movie did you just watch and what did you think?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Food, Inc.

This is an excellent doc that showcases how uneconomic U.S. societies have become in regards to food consumption. It goes into detail about Monsanto Soybeans and how their gene patenting has created a rift in individual farming and seed saving. 5/5

I'm becoming a documentary nerd. I would prefer most of the time to watch a doc over a feature film.

Jul 27, 2009

A Scanner Darkly. i think it was a good movie. it gots Keanu Reeves, who i dont really like other than in the first Matrix, Point Break and a few others, and Robert Downey Jr, who's great in almost everything. i like how they filmed the movie and then transferred it and turned it into sorta like an animated movie. but its about Keanu being an undercover cop but is becoming addicted to the drugs that he takes with the guys he hangs out with and he starts losing it.

very different movie. but its pretty good

Apr 25, 2002
From Paris with Love

Travolta was ok. His attitude would have been better if he were a bad guy. The plot was fucking terrible. I don't know if they could have made anything any less suspenseful or more obvious. That Jonathan Meyers dude was really bad. Had to will my way through this one. Action was less than good, but not bad. Lives up to its Netflix rating 1 out of 5

Feb 7, 2006
American Graffiti and Cooley High.

Basically the white and black version of growing up teens in the 60s.

I like Cooley High a lot more, cause even though I'm white I can relate to it more. Never really had a car to drive around growing up, but was hanging around, smoking, drinking, doing stupid shit all the time.

Also the ending in Cooley High is a lot better, even though kinda sad. But to me realistic.
the difference in states (Chicago, Illinois; California -Central Valley I think) makes a big difference with these two coming of age films.

infinity

( o )( o )
May 4, 2005
UOENO, CA

Good crime family movie. Sean Penn and Christopher Walken cant lose together.

Walken is evil in this one. Movies based on some real events involving 2 criminal circles. One is Walken and his men, the other is the younger crew with his son (Penn) and his friends. Everything seemed to start out well but it gets fucked up and people start droppin. Last 20 min the tension was out there. Focuses mainly on the stars of the show (Walken and Penn) and the supporting cast was used more to keep the movie connected to the events so you dont learn much about em.. But Walken and Penn own this fucking movie.

8/10
dope ass movie! 8.9/10

ThornCity503

Rest In Peace
May 19, 2008
From Paris with Love

Travolta was ok. His attitude would have been better if he were a bad guy. The plot was fucking terrible. I don't know if they could have made anything any less suspenseful or more obvious. That Jonathan Meyers dude was really bad. Had to will my way through this one. Action was less than good, but not bad. Lives up to its Netflix rating 1 out of 5

I agree, and that meyers guy was fuckin terrible! Movie was way too cliche

Oct 19, 2008
San Diego

Just watched American Beauty for the first time. Really good drama film. I felt like there was a lot to learn about the characters and the film had lots of overlaying themes to it. It had some funny moments too. 8.5/10

Jun 24, 2005

Just watched American Beauty for the first time. Really good drama film. I felt like there was a lot to learn about the characters and the film had lots of overlaying themes to it. It had some funny moments too. 8.5/10
I love that movie. I really need to add it to the collection.

Just watched Forgetting Sarah Marshall. I've seen it several times before and it's always fun to watch.

Mila Kunis is so hot and exotic looking in it. Jason Segal is pretty funny and Russell Brand and Jonah Hill are hilarious in all their scenes.

Did I mention how hot Mila Kunis is in it?

Apr 25, 2002
Daybreakers

Makeup effects were good, but the CGI was terrible (I'm talkin like Sy Fi channel original type terrible). Nothing special in the acting department. Plot was ok, but they tried to be too dramatic at parts and it failed hard when they did. It was stretched out too long. 1.5 out of 5

Jul 27, 2009
Daybreakers

Makeup effects were good, but the CGI was terrible (I'm talkin like Sy Fi channel original type terrible). Nothing special in the acting department. Plot was ok, but they tried to be too dramatic at parts and it failed hard when they did. It was stretched out too long. 1.5 out of 5
man, i was thinking about watching this, not so much anymore lol

True Romance. One of the greatest films of the 90's. i always love watching this. terrific cast, great acting, gots the Tarantino story with Tony Scott directing. 5/5

Hollywood needs to make more movies like this

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Just watched Repo Men and I thought the action and the story line were very good. Overall a solid movie. A lot of bloody scenes and the fighting scenes, with the main character using the knife, were sick.8/10
One movie I'll never watch again. There's a profuse amount of digging into people's bodies, it glorifies extreme body modification, and it's laden heavily with sexual overtones. The scene where he pulls that bitches liver or whatever out and he's basically arm fucking a hole in her gut... I'm good. 1.5/100

Also, check Daybreakers. What it lacks in cinematic Neo Noir, Avant Garde, envelope pushing bullshit, it makes up for by being a pretty decent vampire flick.

pAc0

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2006
Bad-ass flick!!! 3.8/5

A Dirty Carnival

After learning that a powerful gangster is looking for someone to dispose of a corrupt lawyer, Byung-doo (In-seong Jo) seizes the opportunity to transition from low-level thuggery to high-stakes organized crime. All he wants is to provide for his family ... but is adding "murderer" to his résumé really worth it? Ha Yu directs this Tribeca Film Festival selection set against the backdrop of South Korea's mean streets.