What makes an Artist "good"?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 21, 2002
DOPE MC = BEATS,RHYMES,FLOW(not necessarily in that order)

I personally got love for both Nelly and KRS...they both got they own MC style and they're both comin' from their own positions in life....
As far as good artist,in terms of the hip hop community,what should matter most is beats,rhymes,and flow but unfortunately cats gotta create a package because maybe they're not dope enough in those three categories or they're doin' this rap thang like the drug game
It seems like folks nowadays gotta but drama on the music...I'm like just spit some tight creative shit I don't give a fuck about all that other bullshit...

May 12, 2002
www.glmc.gemm.com
I only read the first 3 posts on this thread and I gotta agree.
Bein unique havin yo own style no bitin.
Bein a good rap artist u need a few more things, an original entertaining delivery, bein able to produce your own tunes I reckon makes you a hell of a better artist. Versatility.

May 9, 2002
T-Spoon said:
wut i think makes an artist good is a few elements

1. lyrics (passion, delivery, voice)
2. hook (catchy ass hook)
3. production (catchy production, beat change ups. i cant' stand when a beat jus stays tha same thru-out tha whole song. me, personally, i like alot uv crazy fuccin sounds in tha songs i listen 2. i like my music to talk 2 me, even when there's no lyrics.)

folld.

^^ i agree

C

C-LIM

if you a artist FUCC WHAT PEOPLE THANK

do what you want the crazier the better

I think you need an original style original beats and original topics.....

alot of people got on me for saying
"im slim loc ta da wununun"

ON THUG STATUS

...BUT ALOT OF PEOPLE THOUGHT IT WAS TIGHT....IT HAD PEOPLE TALKIN AND THATS WHAT CRACCS YOU.....

SO JUS DO WHAT CHA FEEL.....FUCC IT!!

CE DIFFERNT.....WIN OR FAIL AT IT

LIM