What is "Mobb Shit" exactly?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 17, 2004
Jun 27, 2003
this right here is a great thread, lots of knowledge in these posts. That mobb shiet will be back with a vengeance once that hyphy shiet goes away...

Feb 11, 2006
TUPAC ALL EYEZ ON ME IS STRAIGHT MOBB SHIT, TUPAC GOT MOST OF HIS STYLE FROM THE MOBB ,MUSIC HE WITNESSED WHILE LIVING IN THE BAY...TUPAC ENBRACED MOBB MUSIC, I CANT BELEIVE NOBODY MENTIONED TUPAC AS BEING PART OF MOBB MUSIC, TUPAC IS MOBB MUSIC

Feb 7, 2006
Im from socal but back then most hardcore/gangsta rap from the west had that live instrument funk sound. So I think mobb music isn't just the instrumentation it's bout the geography, and content of the lyrics, cuz if you was to put a socal gangsta rap nigga on a mobb beat there wouldn't be that much a diff., vice versa as well. then plus you always had the alternative rap niggas like heiro, LL, souls, etc. who really wasn't fuckin wit them gangsta funky beats too much, both in nor.cal and socal. But i miss mobb music...still bump that shit.